Is there anyone here who IS NOT HAVING problems..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
One wee small problem (other than Lag and packet loss).

I have noticed my Hard drive is being accessed frequently..whilst playing UT..that did not happen in the demo, wtf??

I have a 128 MB ram, defragged disc, 150 mb virtual swap file running at cel300a@450 mhz with a Cougar TNT2/32 mb ram on D3D at 600x800/16 bit...

Everytime the game accesses the HD ,my game hangs up or slows and I get fragged... BUMMER>>

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Well people, I am sorry if I get sooo hostile when I post.. But when you got people to the right of you, and people to the left of you saying there's nothing wrong with the game online over and over, after people in the middle who are having the problems posted over and over that their is and we keep getting sandwiched by a few few people that fail to see the truth ... Why do you got to be so stubborn when it comes down to someone having problems with this game??? I have tweaked myself to death trying to play over the net, and that still did nothing to help me sure I have a good low ping and it shows no packet loss so it would seem.. But it plays like a 1000 ping most of the time!!! Ping times can be altered in a game to read lower then they really are!!!! And I think that is the case with UT.. A cover up ?? Hum who would have ever suspected that...Now All you people once again that are not having problems with the game!! I am happy for you!! Now step aside and accept that the game itself is bugged!!!Now say it all together UT is bugged and needs fixed!!!! See now wasn't that easy /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

My System:
PII-300
194MB
Mostly empty 13.5Gig HD
Diamond Viper V550 (TNT)
SBlive

I run the game in Direct3D at 640x480 with textures set pretty high. It runs fine most of the time in single player tourney. Up until the CTF map after "Opposing Worlds" (I forget what it's called). It jams up in that map every single time. I've got my swap file set up at min 200 max 200. I run the game with EAX, maybe I should turn that off... My question is has anyone had the same problem with this map? I think it's called something-realms, it has a volcano or something in it, though I haven't had much of a chance to look at the map cause it jams up after half a minit.

Simpleton

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
[RN]NIL8R - try setting your swap to 400 MB (2x RAM). That may help if the map is stuttering, but if it totally locks up, I don't know what to tell you.

SnakeBitey

Dec 4, 1999
K6-2 333 MHz
64 MB RAM
Voodoo Banshee

This setup does not run UT well at all, even with all low detail. Can anyone tell me which aspect of my computer is slowing me down the most? Any suggestions for a fix?
Thank you.

bullet2.gif

"We live in a world of tradition, and the military is full of it."

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
SnakeBitey

If I was a betting man..I'd say your Ram is not sufficient..forget what it says on the box (recommneded 64 megs)thats a fantasy conjured up by Epic's Profit bottom line" to make UT appear more appealing to a wider target market.

I use 128 MB RAM and I STILL get file swapping. I think that UT demands more than 128MB ram, suggest at least 160MB RAM .. Bummer ...I know. /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

Your CPU is probably decent but the Voodoo Banshee aint that great anymore.

That map I was talking about that keeps freezing up is after "Facing Worlds" in tournament mode (I said "Opposing Worlds") and it's called "something caves" (I still forget it. I can't continue at all in my tournament cause I finished DM and Domination. I hope the new patch fixes it.

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
MY GOD this post is still going!!!!!
bah well
live and let die eh

WTF does that mean anyways??!!

bullet2.gif

"I like this book because of its cover. This book sucks, the cover sucks." -XS

Cyrus

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
[RN]NIL8R, I get frozen on that map too!
I cant even play on the Tomb of Sesmar in Domination. (Check "Help! UT and TNT compatibility problems")

I got a
Viper V550
Riva TNT- 16 MB
Bios- 1.94E

I'm so dissapointed becasue I can't finish UT /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

Techy

Dec 3, 1999
USA
Visit site
Of all the problems that I get with users running Unreal Tournament, it is the following:

1. Driver are not compatible w/ DirectX 7.0
2. There is another program that is interfering with the game
3. Don't meet system requirements.
4. The game is designed that way.
5. Their system is dorked in some way that it will take a reformat and OS reinstallation to correct.
6. Won't take my suggestions or advice on how to get it running and are stuck complaining and posting to forums about how the game sucks.

But then again, I just work for the company. :)

bullet2.gif

Just because you have the best gaming system in the world, doesn't mean you know how to make it the best gaming system in the world....

Status
Not open for further replies.