Is there anyone here who IS NOT HAVING problems..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yellow5

Running smooth for me on my oc'd Celeron 300a (451Mhz), Voodoo 2 and TNT, 128 Megs of ram, and SBLive card.

To The-Wraith:

After reading your little tirade above, do you really think anyone would WANT to help you? If UT's netcode were as bad as you claim it is, wouldn't the rest of us have the same problem? Coming in here and stomping your feet like a baby wont get you anywhere, and certainly wont get you any help from the people on this forum.

"If it takes Bithching about it 24 hrs a day I will"

And you'll not do it on this forum.

- Y5

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
The Wraith..

You my friend, need some professional lessons in how to rant n' rave.. well your'e in luck..I can send you correspondence over the net on how to achieve rants which when tactfully done will befuddle as well as enrage the target person(s) of your rants...

I can give you references if you wish on the successes of my patented "Rant n' Rave" sytem..as a matter of fact I have a 'fan club' that will testify to the success of my patented system at 'GT forum' ...go there and merely enter my name on your post..sit back..and watch the action..invite your friends..you will be amazed!

Because I like you..I can offer you this... >>>>> If you order within the next 24 hrs. you get a special discount at $24.95 for "EASY_T Rant n' Rave" forum package.

Along with your order.... for an extra $1.99 you can get this "live action figure" to put you into the mood when playing UT.(in truth it's a limp dead rag doll more suitable for Quake players)

<<<(((((((((((((((...ONLY $1.99 ...))))))))))))))>>>

1163greengobblinmego85.jpg

(all sales final)

He..he.. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by EASY_Target (edited 11-30-1999).]

Wingznut PEZ

Nov 30, 1999
Portland, OR, USA
Visit site
Not a single problem for me. It has run perfectly from day one.

I have a Cel466 running at 560mhz, 192megs ram, V3 3000, MX300.

Oh yeah, a 56k modem too. I'm really not sure what The-Wraith is crying about. I get a very good connection (below 180ms ping) to many servers, and I find that games are very playable at 300ms. It's obviously a problem on his end, yet he blames the game.

The-Wraith, Epic cannot help it if you have sh*t equipment, use a crappy isp, or live in the middle of nowhere.

bullet2.gif

Wingznut [PEZ]
ICQ #29598363

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Ok, first I do not live out in the middle of nowhere second My system is all that and more then your little junk box will ever be third My IP has not a single problem ...

But I do see your point Yellow 5 , after all it was people like THE ROCK giving me the whatever the hell a roodie poo is running his mouth off and putting what I had to say down pretty nasty with his mouth!! After reading what RW had to say about swaping virtual memory I followed it to a T ..It helped quite abit thanks RW now if you wouldn't mind repeating that web address for modem tweaks I will stop my complaining, and try to make due with what I got until Cable modems hit this city.. Apparently South Western Bell Telephone services around my area need to make some improvements on their line network.. Now to all whom critisized me, let me say this.. People like you are the reason nobody gets help around here, because your to swift when it comes to judge people and not only run what they have on their system down if their having problem with video cards, sound ect... Just because you are not having problems does not mean their not having any. Some people will say anything just about to run their mouth off.. I adimit I do, and if anyone else says they don't I would say their liar.. Now their are people in here like RW that help out quite abit, and those people are deeply appreciated.. But People like THE ROCK need to just sit back and keep their traps shut if they do not have the answer to the persons problem.. If he wants to defend the game fine do it else where and let the people who know what their doing help the people in need.. Yes my statments about this game where harse, mind you I do not have any problems with it offline at all I am very happy the way it runs.. But online I had a legitimate complaint for the reason qa 140 ping on a server with the little red disconnect flashing for no reason is a sign of a glith!!! Quake has that that little disconnect icon as does Tribes and neither one ever pop up.. I think it is a pain to get one on UT because it will cause you to pause meanwhile you get your a$$ fragged and there is nothing you can do, but wonder why that stupid icon is flashing and you are not showing no packet loss whatsoever.. Thats ok if you people think that their is not an issue with that then there is problem here, because I see no need in people jumping the gun when just by chance it could be the game and not the owners problem..But let us not over look Unreal, I remember when it came out people had alot of problem with it, much like UT and the result of this there where the one's who said there was nothin wrong with the game and did pretty much like you people are doing today. Bicthing at me because I have a problem with UT on line .. Shame on you people for being like that.. Oh well but that was then this is now, seems like time can repeat itself .. I will just sit back quietly and wait for the long line of patches to come down the road,, there will be there is no denying it.. Maybe somebody at Epic will wake up and see that their was a problem and quit using self denial saying nothings wrong.. I think what the problem is that your afraid if this game turns into another Unreal with patches out the rear you are afraid it might mess up the playing your having.. Maybe then maybe not..Who knows what runs through your minds and theirs no telling.. Yellow 5 I appoligize using all the vulgar words, that could have been left out and if their have been complaints about me I also appoligize for that to..I get cranky sometimes when there is something I see wrong and nobody either wants to hear it or do they want to give an answer for it .. Anyways I will try to keep my problems to myself and not complain nor ask for help.. I will just go about reading posts maybe drop a note or two and be on my way..

bullet2.gif

I am the one!!!!

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
http://home.inreach.com/echevarr/pingpage.htm
This is the link to the modem tweak site. Try these tweaks, I think they make a difference (or else my ISP has suddenly smartened up at the same time)!
BTW, if you think you've already tweaked your modem settings, chances are you haven't seen some of the things mentioned in this article. It's very current.

[This message has been edited by HuFlungDung (edited 11-30-1999).]

Guinness

Nov 26, 1999
Visit site
HomeGrown
Athlon 550 just O/C to 750
FIC SD-11 MoBo(don't buy it!)
256 PC100 RAM
V3 3000 (the TNT2 Ultra kept on crashing, so still looking at a fix-AGP Voltage!)
Vortex 2
Altec Lansing Surround
Cable Modem tweaked all the way

Sacrificing the Ultra Crispness of the TNT2 U for smooth/non-locking games with the V3

And the game rocks!!!!

The Gravedigger

Nov 25, 1999
G4 233 o/c to 292.
64mb Ram /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif
Voodoo 1 @ default mhz /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif
56k @ 52,000 - 53,333

Demo runs FACKING BRILLIANT! Even with 64Ram I get *no* swapping during play, on my V1 the framerate is very nice, better than Unreal? Perhaps, I've never run a time demo. Maybe I should.

I used to b1tch about ping spikes, however I've just come to the conclusion that this is only/mostly when I leave #UTGames open when playing /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif so I won't be doing that any more /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

So I'm well happy, 'cept the flippin' Mac version ain't out till mid Jan /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
The Wraith...

hope you didn't mind my prior post..just having alittle fun with you. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I became a critic Epic about a month before UT was released in the hope of stirring up enough **** to keep Epic from becoming to complacent and to keep Epic on the ball..so to speak.
Well,if you read/post at GT forum..you may know that I am the "darling" of GT forum (sic).

.. the majority of posters at GT forum never played Unreal or had much prior experience with Epic and as a consequence most of the posters at GT took great offence at my anti-Epic (but pro UT/Unreal) stance and flamed me regularly. No one there except a very, very small minority (Vengeance, Paladin..etc) saw that Epic could do wrong.

It's ironic now that UT has been released that these same, prior defenders of Epic are now complaining all the bugs in UT etc., have you read the GT forum lately?

All in all UT is a pretty good game and I think Epic did a good job with it.
I hope with time Epic will give us a game we can all play with ..and have some fun..we just need a little patience and give our support to Epic, so they can fix some of the bugs...

Ironically, for me, the Epic critic?..UT works great! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by EASY_Target (edited 12-01-1999).]

TheRock

The Official BuF MASCOT
Nov 10, 1999
Smackdown Hotel
members.ud.com
The Rock Breaks kayfab.

Oh friggin please. Easy-T your rate yourself so high? Your a annoying little fool.
Who was causing more problems then helping.
Bitching and Moaning all day doesn't equate with objective criticism.
I have UNREAL ONE.
Guess what? I Didn't really like the gameplay that much and the game was buggy.

UT IS MUCH BETTer. IT takes everything that that Unreal had that was good and it made it better. The Sniper Rifle for one is better.
All the weapons are better. The mini-gun is way better. And its d3d performance is better. Now I can run the game at 800x600 at 32bit color. And with high detail textures and it looks better. Alot of the great old dm levels from Unreal have been ported over to UT. I don't need to play UNREAL ONE SP ANYMORE. So guess what? UNREAL STAYS Off my hard drive. Nuff said. on that.

As far as the D3d problems that occured due to the Safedisc Software. EVERYONE KNOWS THE FIX TO THAT. And The fix works. And it allows
d3d to run great. And For your information
Check out this LINK
http://www3.UT.ngWorldStats.com/fcgi-bin/DisplayGame?gt=UT&gm=dm&ip=209.67.232.25&port=7777&ts=944022492596
to a BATTle The Rock had with CliffyB and a ton of other People online. Look at the average ping times. Wow That netcode is so bad,huh?

BS.

THE PROOF IS RIGHT THERE BUDDY.
SO Take your UT critique and dump it in the sewer with the rest of your garbage posts.

bullet2.gif

IF YA SMELL LA! LA! LA!
WHAT THE PU MASCOT IS....
........... Cooking!

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
The Rock ?

Hmmm..someone who refers to himself in the 3rd. person..why is that?

.... you obviously have a keen eye for satiric humour..and I see you have yourself well under control.

Interesting contribution to this thread by the way, your input is always welcome here.

EvilAsh

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
What happened Easy-T? The Rock got your toungue? Or You have no answer to the truth.
Some great critic can't even answer back with proof. LOL

bullet2.gif

Ash:"I said your words..
I got the book so send me back. Like in the deal!

MuffinMan

Dec 1, 1999
Visit site
What a suprise!!!

Easy_T dodging the facts.

Never thought I would see it. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

btw, ET, just call me Rex /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Cebu

Nov 29, 1999
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
I am having the same problems that the wraith is having. I play for a couple of minutes and sure enough that damn red icon pops up. I went out and bought a modem. No change. Then I went out and bought a new telephone line, filter, and changed ISP. Same thing. AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH By now I'm pissed. I tweak my modem, download easy-mtu. NO DIFFERENCE. What the hell. So I go to work where they have ISDN. :) I figure I'll find out real quick what the hell is going on. Download the demo and crank it up on a crappy ATI Rage piece of **** and guess what. SAME THING. Even on ISDN this damn red icon pops up. This is ****ed up. I play Q3, Q2, Q1, h/l, heretic2, hexen2, no problems. Start UT online and that ****ing red icon pops up. EPIC fix your ****ing code. I've been waiting a ****ing year to play this ****ing game and its ****ed up. Godamit I hate Q3 and I'm tired of waiting for SOF or TF2 to come out, so fix the ****ing code. I ****ing upgrade my system to an Pentium3 600 w/ GeForce 256 and 256 megs ram and the only thing I see is that ****ing red icon. Fix the ****ING CODE......... I feel better already.... Thanks for letting me blow off steam... :)

Cebu

Nov 29, 1999
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
I am having the same problems that the wraith is having. I play for a couple of minutes and sure enough that damn red icon pops up. I went out and bought a modem. No change. Then I went out and bought a new telephone line, filter, and changed ISP. Same thing. AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH By now I'm pissed. I tweak my modem, download easy-mtu. NO DIFFERENCE. What the hell. So I go to work where they have ISDN. :) I figure I'll find out real quick what the hell is going on. Download the demo and crank it up on a crappy ATI Rage piece of **** and guess what. SAME THING. Even on ISDN this damn red icon pops up. This is ****ed up. I play Q3, Q2, Q1, h/l, heretic2, hexen2, no problems. Start UT online and that ****ing red icon pops up. EPIC fix your ****ing code. I've been waiting a ****ing year to play this ****ing game and its ****ed up. Godamit I hate Q3 and I'm tired of waiting for SOF or TF2 to come out, so fix the ****ing code. I ****ing upgrade my system to an Pentium3 600 w/ GeForce 256 and 256 megs ram and the only thing I see is that ****ing red icon. Fix the ****ING CODE......... I feel better already.... Thanks for letting me blow off steam... :)

bullet2.gif

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Only Mr. Target could generate a 54 post, four page long topic and I bet he's loving every minute of it /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

You got a problem with what I gotta say? Click here please.

Wingznut PEZ

Nov 30, 1999
Portland, OR, USA
Visit site
The-Wraith, when your first post is so hostile, how can you expect everyone to be so nice and helpful?

I see people every day, on all sorts of forums complaining about how their particular game won't run well on their system. And they rarely ask "what can I do to my system, to make X run better?". It's usually ranting and blaming the game.

Now, had you asked politely, you'd get more help than you'd know what to do with.

Btw, I emailed you a link to a very good modem tweak program.

bullet2.gif

Wingznut [PEZ]
ICQ #29598363

SteveLS

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
Works great!

Asus P5A(b), K6-2 450, 160 MB PC100 ram, Creative 3d blaster S4, Creative CDRW 4224, USR 56k PCI (hardware, not winmodem), Intel 16 bit ISA network adapter, Adaptec SCSI controller, 1.2G SCSI HD, 6G, 2G, 2G IDE HD's, and some kinda cool PCI accelerated soundcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.