I'm raising the bar

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Here's a pic of how much of a bitch this map was to design and build. ;)

And I kept the CXP title on it. It's been submitted to NaliCity. While it'll be released weeks before all the other maps on June 25th, consider this a teaser to bring attention to the CXP. After it's up, I'll send out a few messages to request a news post to try and draw attention back to XMP on a broader public scale, unless you'd like to do that Dead Metal. The map in which I released is a full working version that has no detected bugs nor errors. It is not a beta.

-Myr

Attachments

• UraniumEchoDesign.jpg
    UraniumEchoDesign.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 42

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
If your server is running XMP-CXP-UraniumEcho-Myr.unr, remove it immediately and delete the map file. Then please download the new one from Nali City when it appears on their site (hopefully tomorrow).

Both maps use the exact same name, but will show up in gameplay differently. The CXP Beta Version of UE appears as Untitled in game while the final version of UE has the proper name UraniumEcho on it as well as my seal of approval on the bottom skyboxes in the editor. You'll know which version you have just by going to the red base. If you sink into the terrain, you're on the wrong version and need to delete it.

The Beta testing version was not intended for normal play on servers and I have been informed [_X_] is running it. Please remove it ASAP.

There are no "nasty bugs" or anything like that on this map. I fixed them. The FPS should be smooth at all points as well. If you want to be picky, go fix all the "errors" and watch how it murders your FPS to do so. If it's something in the final release, then it was meant to be there. I put a ton of time and effort into making this map what it is, and do keep in mind I didn't have to make it.

Please do not make any edits or changes without my express permission via PM.

-Myr

Last edited:

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Oh yeah, I never showed the indoor area. Here's a shot since I can't get pics on Nalicity for some reason.

-Myr

Attachments

• UE006.jpg
    UE006.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 22

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
it may have the looks, but it grinds my pc to a halt...

my system in a sum...
WinXP
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton)
nVidia GeForce FX 5200
nVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
1024MB ram

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Dandeloreon1984 said:
it may have the looks, but it grinds my pc to a halt...

my system in a sum...
WinXP
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton)
nVidia GeForce FX 5200
nVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
1024MB ram

System restarts fix all.

Status
Not open for further replies.