I'm raising the bar

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
If I am correct on this, he is releasing some of his maps with CXP - being that he is apart of it and all....though I am not sure if this one is apart of it :p - I would like to see one of his maps in the rotation for the XMPTV Broadcast/beta test of cXp maps though

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
I haven't actually played XMP for about 3 weeks now. I haven't decided how to release the updated versions of my maps when they're done. I'll get atleast 1 map in the CXP. Anything else I'm not sure of. All of my attention is going to my MSU Phase 3 entry in hopes that I get it done in time.

After MSU Phase 3 I'll probably hang around here for a bit longer and finish off the maps I've left open. Then at the end of June I'm going to UT2004. I have something fun planned for MSU Phase 4. ;)

-Myr

Richteralan

ºØmníºRadium
Feb 6, 2004
Oberlin
nice one..
maybe have some dark greenish/bluish fog and those red crystals shine through those dark geenish/bluish fog.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
I just decided to do this friendly reminder about this map...
bumped to the top, and a reminder that this has not been released

Last edited:

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
It's comming......

....prepare to be attacked by an onslaught of screenshots late tonight. ;)

-Myr

Last edited:

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
The finished waterfall and the new node room....

Map Details:
3 power generators. (2 on the lower part and 1 in the upper center)
6 hackable deploy points (2 upper, 2 lower, 2 in caverns)
2 deploys per team (1 inside base near the node, 1 outside the front of the base)
Bridge spans lower water area
Map is an exact mirror of itself
Teleporters in cavern area
2 Raptor deploy points per team
1 Juggernaught per team
2 Harbingers sitting on either side of the map by the beach deploy point
A set of ammo, health, and shield stations on either side of the map
And other things I can't think of....

Recommended player count is 8-32.

...map will be done tomorrow evening.

-Myr

Attachments

• CXPUE001.jpg
    CXPUE001.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 52
  • CXPUE005.jpg
    CXPUE005.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 42
  • CXPUE002.jpg
    CXPUE002.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 35
  • CXPUE003.jpg
    CXPUE003.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
finnly another myr map :)

hope to get to play this asap

also hope to get to play other maps by myr soon after that :D

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
takwu said:
that platform from sky islands, right?

Yes. Actually, it came from Alcazar first. ;)

PF Prophet said:
finnly another myr map :)
hope to get to play this asap
also hope to get to play other maps by myr soon after that :D

This map should appear in the CXP beta test tuesday, or so I hope. The custom sounds won't be there, but everything else will be ready for evaluation. An ONS map mimmicing the features that set this map apart from others will also be created sometime this month.

As for more maps from me, this and the revision of Snowrocco (also hopefully appearing tuesday) and maybe the vented version of DieHard (maybe appearing tuesday) will be my final XMP maps/revisions. I am moving on to UT2004. I want to do something that is ownage qualified. :) Whether or not I make a return in UTXMP, I don't know. There's a mod I want to do for Phase 4.

-Myr

Last edited:

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Ok, nevermind now. F* XMP.

The current map file will not load. It appears to be corrupted in some way. I do have multiple backups and one that was made 3 hours ago, but there was a lot of work that went into what was added to the map between now and back then. I was nearly finished and ready to post it online.

The map appears to stop loading with it hits Stairs.utx. Here is the GPF:

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2160 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9600 SERIES (6430)

General protection fault!

History: FLightMap::GetTextureData <- FD3DTexture::Cache <- FD3DRenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3DRenderInterface::EnableLighting <- FBspDrawList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UUnrealEdEngine::Draw <- (Cam=U2Viewport3,Flags=871270089 <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UEditorEngine::RedrawLevel <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:02:30
Log file:\\MegaMonkey\Vol1\Projects\U2XMP\Logs\ZACKDESKTOP_Zachary_20040607131529.log

I really don't feel like going back to the backup version and adding all the sh!t into that version again. If someone knows of a way to fix this problem and get the map to open again and it works, then I'll finish the map. If not, then F* XMP and I'm out of here.

-Myr

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
:(
thats really bad news
if you dont mind you can post it in the cxp staff forum (I hope DM gave you access). we won't distribute it to the public, and will try to fix it.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
No, it wasn't able to be fixed. I have no idea what went wrong.

It's just extremely aggrivating and annoying that I've tried to make 2 things in the past 2 days and both of them ended up getting messed up.

There are 22 versions of UE on my HDD right now. The 22nd version is defective. I am working with the 21st version and correcting all the things I did wrong in 22. This map will be done within the hour.

-Myr

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Nalicity, tomorrow, be there. ;)

Yes, you, be there. Look for the red map title at the top left of the screen. :p Map will be released as a final version with all errors found today while I took it to beta corrected.

If you want 5 more high res screenshots then let me know.

-Myr

Last edited:

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
Possible to get the sky islands version from u myr so that way I could finish it. u'd be accredited but would like to see this map on xmp. - btw still don' get why ya rushin uraniums release but ur call m8

{DE}Rarhok

May 16, 2004
Dragon_Myr, your map looks damn awesome! I'd bet a lot of cool fights would exist 'cause the playing field isn't so leveled due to the deformed landscape. For some reason the map reminds me of something out of Drakan O_O

I feel bad that your work went down the hole too. All that hard work... You know... At times like these you gotta kill it. Take a nice break, then get back to it with full force. Kill it good!

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
[TK|L]T00GAY said:
OK as long as we're raising the bar, open a tab on me. I'll start with a Guiness ale with a chicken sandwhich smothered in Guiness. Yum. Get my friend Unreal a Guiness too and get Eat_My_Shorts a Boddington's. Absolutely no disgusting awful American beer crap. Don't even think about serving Bud or Coors.

Lol! :lol: :lol: Sounds good to me.

{DE}Rarhok said:
Dragon_Myr, your map looks damn awesome! I'd bet a lot of cool fights would exist 'cause the playing field isn't so leveled due to the deformed landscape. For some reason the map reminds me of something out of Drakan O_O

I feel bad that your work went down the hole too. All that hard work... You know... At times like these you gotta kill it. Take a nice break, then get back to it with full force. Kill it good!

Thanks. :D I've never thought of a link to Drakan before, but I see it now that you pointed it out. I don't like flat stuff and I don't recall much of anything as flat in that game. There's a certain fantasy feel to this map too or so I think. I mainly wanted to do something that's not been seen in an U engine game before, and I think I pulled that off here. ONS-UraniumEchoEX may surpass this though.

The latest version has a terrain glitch in the red base. I'm going to wipe out the entire terrain sectors on both bases and merge them with one large Y mirrored one. I've lost a bit of work again, but it's not too big of a set back like what I experienced earlier.

Dead_Metal said:
Possible to get the sky islands version from u myr so that way I could finish it. u'd be accredited but would like to see this map on xmp. - btw still don' get why ya rushin uraniums release but ur call m8

UE is getting rushed out because it's nearly ready, this game is experiencing difficulties from the master server as usual, the biggest and best server (MYU) is down, there needs to be some big punch to hold people between the AP pack and the CXP, and because I want to really define what I am capable of as a mapper as I head out into UT2004. I have something to take care of for MSU Phase 4 and I also want something visibily similar to Uranium Echo on UT2004 first.

Edit: SkyIslands I kinda let slip off into the void. You'd have to tell me exactly what you plan to do to it for me to say yes or no.

4 new high res screens that show new things. There is much more eye candy than what the screenshots can show. The map is the size of Garden and has FPS ranging between 36+ on my machine. Final corrections are still being made at this time and I will be sending it to Nalicity within the next few hours. Please let me know how it plays when it's "perfected" for tomorrow.

-Myr

Attachments

• UE001.jpg
    UE001.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 17
  • UE002.jpg
    UE002.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 23
  • UE003.jpg
    UE003.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 49
  • UE004.jpg