I'm raising the bar

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Yeah, it's almost 3 am and yeah I know I go to bed late. :p FPS appear to drop once you go into true single player too for some reason. I'll attempt to do something to bring the numbers up higher if possible.

Another exterior screenshot as promised. Interior ones come tomorrow.

-Myr

Attachments

• XMP-UEprev011HR.jpg
    XMP-UEprev011HR.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 75
Mar 6, 2004
It's amazing how cpu graphics can look nowadays and computers have been out for how long? :eek: imagine in 20 years the graphics, heck even 5. Now special effects for movies are getting great, soon it'll be even better with high definition (i got a 50 inch hd tv with 5.1 speaker system :p) which is starting to come out, crystal clear picture, holy crap you should see it :eek: anyway goodjob dragon :2thumb: keep it up :)

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Thanks. :) I will be going for a test tonight I think. I don't know if it will be public, private, or invite restricted yet. I finally found the bsp error in the blue base (I'm still fixing the rest of the base and putting things back in) and so tomorrow you will see some more blue side pics, the revised front entrances, and the heart of the map: the waterfall, 2 gens, and cavern section

Here are additional screenshots including a few in the red base. All of these are in high res goodness at 1280x1024 max details settings. ;)

-Myr

Attachments

• XMP-UEprev012HR.jpg
    XMP-UEprev012HR.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 76
  • XMP-UEprev013HR.jpg
    XMP-UEprev013HR.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 55
  • XMP-UEprev014HR.jpg
    XMP-UEprev014HR.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 61
  • XMP-UEprev015HR.jpg
    XMP-UEprev015HR.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 71

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
All i have to say is that i can't wait to play test the map, and inform you as to how much better it looks...

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Xaero said:
Bar? What bar? I was never informed about any "Bar". And I certainly would like know where its at before it gets raised....

3 random maps in particular I've played on in the past 3 weeks (I don't fully remember their names), the fact that none of my maps are on server rotations, and the improvements I keep making each time I open Ued caused the "raising the bar" comment. A friend said it to me in a chat and just stuck in my head so I used it to promote the map. :p I really wanted to make something that makes you go "wow" when you look at it in game and plays just as well.

I've been working on this thing for about a month anyway. :p It's time to finish the damn thing.

-Myr

Last edited:

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
The alpha test for this map went well. However, I've decided to change a large number of things and so the map will probably come out sunday. If it's not done, then I'll do a public beta on sunday. The map will come out that day in one form or another. :p

Here's a screen of one of the areas that will be staying. However, it's a work in progress at the moment.

The map isn't as FPS friendly as it was before, but it still runs very well and sits around 30 fps on my system at a minimum. I am looking into putting cull distances on more items to help improve performance more.

I'll be up late in the night tonight to work on this map some more. :) I'm hoping to hit the weekend deadline I set for myself.

-Myr

Attachments

• XMP-UEprev016HR.jpg
    XMP-UEprev016HR.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 69

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
nice myr i got the first 1280x1028 shot as my besktop :D

after you get this done and tweak snowricco you could try and fix the fps issues on other maps :p

common test test test :D

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
The map is "too big".

The terrain sector is perfect but the inside areas are too big. They will be revised considerably.

-Myr

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
so no screenshots in the mean time? :(

those shots look great, hope to see the map fixed and released soon. Gooooooo MYR!

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004

But I have stopped this map for now. I'm concentrating on making something for the MSU Phase 3.

-Myr

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
ooooooow :(

forgive me if i sound stupid but

can you not release the alpha untill you finish it?

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Status
Not open for further replies.