Do you get worse in UT2004 after playing UT3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Kafros, I actually think that's true.
It takes some adjusting, since after I play UT3, then play BF2, I tend to go rushing into large groups of people and try to switch to rocket launcher.

But after I get over that initial phase of "dammit, where's my walldodge!" you notice that your aim is a lot more consistent, and that BF2 actually seems like a pretty slow game.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Well, that depends how long I've been posting successively;)

Actually, it's the other way around. When I come back here, I'm actually encouraged to play better due to some of the examples we have here.
Some excellent players, some outstanding mappers, some magnificent whiners ... it's all here baby!
Reminding myself of how much I could improve in some areas make me try harder.:)

Shadow]I[

Dec 3, 2002
Utah
both games have different mouse sensitivity settings, ut2004's being smoother, it's hard for me to adjust to both games because the movement seems very different, but the weapons a little bit the same

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
play BF2 after UT and you feel you are Neo in the Matrix.
Yea no kidding.

• Bunnyhopping like a mofo against multiple pursuers -- stopping to turn around and clean consecutive heads with the L96 sniper rifle
  • Utterly destroying waves of people using the shotgun
  • Taking down multiple vehicles with the AT launcher -- solo
  • Taking down a machine gunner using only a pistol and a lot of bunnyhopping

Had a personal ribbon in my clan I believe every single TWL match I played in. (They recognized members who had high KDR, high kill counts, etc. by placing tags on their profiles in the forums and "availability for matches")

FPS.HeadShot

Jan 31, 2008
cod4
my aim seemed to be on more after going back to ut2004 from playing ut3 for a few weeks,though it was kinda cool.