Brink

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I've got to say it looks more like what UT3 should've been than UT3 does. :( Well, minus shock rifles and skaarj ofcourse... etc.

Just look at the current video. Slow movement. Typical machine guns. Aiming down the sight. +999 points for every kill. Health regenerate. How is this anything like UT? At best its a mix of COD and TF2.

Edit: Also, level up. At least UT is focused on core gameplay rather than grindfest level up upgrades super-master-sergeant-king.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Just look at the current video. Slow movement. Typical machine guns. Aiming down the sight. +999 points for every kill. Health regenerate. How is this anything like UT? At best its a mix of COD and TF2.

Edit: Also, level up. At least UT is focused on core gameplay rather than grindfest level up upgrades super-master-sergeant-king.

Meh seemed like it at the time.
Times have changed so I guess your queston mark is rhetorical.

My over arching point though was clearly that UT wasn't very good, maybe I was being too subtle.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Only four shots are released. And they really look promising, not anymore SS2's stupid cartoony art :D

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Pre-loading this now...

A lot of the game's visuals and settings remind me of the numerous days I had spent at the waterfront docks in Portland, Maine. Sort of that old-ish waterfront feel.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Yeah, tons of bugs, lots of strange/messy ideas, terrible single player campaign.
Revolutionary fps my ass, but then it was simply a marketing thing.

Big ass EDIT: just think that only its MultiPlayer part exists. They are already going to release a patch to fix the lag.

Last edited:

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Its a decent game. I've only played up to level 5 and unlocked the heavy class so I can't say too much about it. Not played against real people yet, and bots suck.

Want to unlock the light class so i can run around and do wall dodges etc. Starting character feels a bit clunky to control. Weapons are nice. Levels seem cool.

7/10 for now

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
A vast majority of the reviewers (who sorta veered towards the negative) appear to have not played the game online, which is its bread and butter. It's a lot more fun to play online.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Gametrailer's reviewer rated the game 7.9, whilst IGN's reviewed it a 6.0 from a offline perspective. He played it - It was gone. Gametrailer's review was definitively better and longer, with actual human players. In before "Duh, IGN :rolleyesmilley:"

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-brink/713694

Then I guess this game is currently useless for PS3 users.

Sounds like it.
Overall, from the critics, it seems like the game could have done better.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
hahaha honestly let's judge this game that has been pimped since forever as a multiplayer objective based team game by its single player portion