A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Wait... what the... Transformers:WfC hasn't seen a price drop before now($20)?

Kinda "meh" on Shatter, tho AaAaA A Reckless Disregard for Gravity and Zombie Driver are $5 each

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
From what I remember SP was good, MP was "meh"(apparently the peak populations across 360/PS3/PC were 4600/800/158, so yea, MP dead pretty quick)
Seems it got between 7-9 out 10 from most critics tho

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
to be expected really. I don't know why more companies don't put resources into a better SP when it's quite obvious the MP sector is over saturated and only the tippety-top have any legs.

What do we have now? Cod:Blops, TF2, LFD... erm... I guess I'm out ofthe loop, but even UT3 is not thrivingf (alive sure). THAT'S SOME EFFED UP STUFF!

I'm honestly not interested in any of those but LFD2 and UT3, so I'm really really wanting some super amazing SP stuff these days.
(Talking to the big boy publishers here... they visit this thread; no?)

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So many decent deals today. Posting screen for emphasis.

[screenshot]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/373/deals.jpg[/screenshot]

I'm thinking about getting SupCom2. The critics are mostly bad, but for that price I doubt it's really a bad thing.

And Jedi Knight. These are the best Star Wars games ever, next to X-Wing VS Tie Fighter and KOTOR.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
SupCom 2 has had tons of patches, fixes and enhancements over time. The whole economy system has been completely reworked since release.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I liked SupCom 1, I just found the unit pace ridiculously slow - units would take hours to get across one location to the other in a complete gridlock fashion. They fixed that right?

I'll get them.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
FarCry 2 is a good game in my opinion, but there are many things that makes it kind of bad. I use trainers for anti-weapon jam, because that "feature" is trash.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Far Cry 2 is probably worth $5. It's just like all the other *Cry* games.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
FarCry 2 is barely connected to FarCry at all. Actually, I think the title is the only link between the two games
Crytek worked on FC1, but Ubisoft did FC2 themselves

FC1/2 aren't even on the same engine. As far as I'm concerned, FC2 should have just been called Afri-Cry 1

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
FarCry 2 is badass, but the disease thingy is kind of stupid and pointless, and don't expect a decent ending.
weapon jamming wasn't so bad as long as you visit the warehouses on a regular basis (who doesn't want to change loadouts anyway?)

Just play it because it's fun; lots of great shooting, explosions and pretty environments.

I love it

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
FarCry 2 is badass, but the disease thingy is kind of stupid and pointless, and don't expect a decent ending.
weapon jamming wasn't so bad as long as you visit the warehouses on a regular basis (who doesn't want to change loadouts anyway?)

This. I can't believe I had forgotten the disease thing. :lol:
Enemies respawn after a specific distance you travel. The unskipable 10 minute ending credit screen will also make you want to vent.

It's a game, like many others that has it's downsides.
At least it isn't another terrible port, the game may not have mod support, but it sure runs well on the PC. For $5 it's definitively worth it.

Just make sure you use a trainer for disabling both the disease and weapon jam.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
One more day of new deals. Thus far I've grabbed these during the holiday sale:

Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle
GTA IV Complete Bundle
Archon
Swords & Soldiers
ProtoGalaxy
Rush
Magnetis
Killing Floor PostMortem Character Pack 2 DLC
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum
FlatOut
FlatOut2
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Clones
Puzzle Quest
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Lara Croft GOL

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I'm a bit miffed that I bought LCGoL the day it came out, discovered it didn't have coop yet which was the only reason me and my friend bought it, waited for the patch, and it went on sale for $5 just a few days after they got it working. That's life I guess.

During this sale I've only bought deathspank, darksiders, greed black border, and RA3Uprising. Have gotten Zombie Driver, Puzzle Quest 2, NWN2, and Swords&Soldiers as gifts.