A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Sure am glad I got MX vs. ATV Reflex on the super cheap.
That thing suffers from major portolitis. The AA option doesn't work (can't force it either) and it gets abnormally low fps, even after two updates.
Supposedly it looks better than the console versions though

The menus don't seem tailored to either mouse or 360 controller, which is wierd; like they couldn't decide on either one so they just stopped cold :lol:

Other than that though, it's fun as hell. I loved MX vs. ATV Unleashed and was having a hard time resisting this one. The reflex controls and the deformable terrain were no-brainer additions to an already fun series.
Also, supposedly the PC version includes all the DLC from the console versions.

It only retails on steam for 20 dollars, but I wouldn't spend more than 5 or 10 bucks on it...
(at least they aren't charging 50!)

I hear they are pretty much abandoning Reflex now, putting all their focus on the next MX vs ATV game.
All I can say is if it shows up on Windows, they need to remember all the complaints they had about Reflex...

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Things you're absolutely nuts to pass up on Steam today:

Killing Floor Bundle $6.95 (KF+all skin packs)
KOTOR $2.49
Serious Sam HD Gold $3.99 (SS:SE HD + SS:FE HD + 2 original games)

A great deal on a great game:

Mirror's Edge $4.99

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Bought Machinarium for $2,99 or something like that.

There's clever, there's hard, and there's Machinarium.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
New deals up.

I'm kinda tempted in Global Agenda. Critics are mostly poor, however.
Anyone has something to say about this game?

Most of the comments relate on subscription fees and lack of content, apparently you don't need additional fee anymore.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's a freemium MMO. You buy upgrades and crap inside the game. I'll buy it when it's sub-$5 on Steam.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Is Section 8 even worth considering? I'm tempted by Crysis since I think my rig could handle it but my gut is telling me I've got a big enough backlog from this sale.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Is Section 8 even worth considering? I'm tempted by Crysis since I think my rig could handle it but my gut is telling me I've got a big enough backlog from this sale.
With the new Section 8 coming out early next year for only about twice that sale price, I would say "No Way". Prejudice is better in every way, so if you want a Section 8 game, save your money and get that.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Feh, I got sick of Global Agenda real fast. Personally I think it would have made a decent to pretty good straight-up shooter instead of a FPS-MMO

Eh, if you want to get some idea of how Prejudice is going to play(ie the Conquest gametype, DCMs, tweaking loadouts, etc) then I'd say pick it up, otherwise just wait to Prejudice is released
S8's SP isn't the greatest and despite a bit of a resurgance there aren't many people still playing the MP

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I'm tempted by Crysis since I think my rig could handle it but my gut is telling me I've got a big enough backlog from this sale.

I was just sitting at the Steam Crysis page considering the same thing, for like 20 minutes... just staring at it.

I ended up not buying it, which might have been stupid because 10 bucks for both games is a good deal.
I wonder if they patched out the DRM yet; nobody in the Steam forums seems to know.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
If your rig is better than this, you can at least manage on lowest settings

AMD Athlon X2 6000+ [3GHz DualCore on 32bit]
2GB RAM
8800 GT
WinXP

I think Crysis/Warhead both still have DRM.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
New deals up.

I'm kinda tempted in Global Agenda. Critics are mostly poor, however.
Anyone has something to say about this game?

Most of the comments relate on subscription fees and lack of content, apparently you don't need additional fee anymore.

There are no subscribtion fees anymore, you buy the game and have infinite access to everything. They are going for paid expansions instead, but there aren't any out yet.

It's basically TF2 with jetpacks, custom classes (freely respeccable skill tree and gear loadout), and getting cash and gear for every match. There is PvE, but it's so basic and "there just for the sake of it" that it's not worth taking into account when considering the game.
The big "thing" is that you fight over hexes on a risk style metamap, competing for control over mines and factories, building defenses, dropping in vehicle support, that kinda stuff. I never took part in that though since I never joined a clan and just played the random matches, called mercenaries.

Me and my friends had a lot of fun with it and didn't stop playing for any particular reason, there was just other games to play. It's still getting regular updates with new gear and novelty hats and things.