A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I dunno... I didn't have to use a control pad to play it. It was just BioShock, not UT that requires lighting fast and accurate movements.

Anyhow... just picked up Clones for the sale today. Looks like a decent little Lemmings title.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
well, the mouse would skip around ten pixels at a time, where the analog controls were smooth as butter.
I go into the X/Y numbers in the user.ini, chop them in half and it's perfect.

It may not have affected my ability to play the game, but it affected my enjoyment of it.

I had the same problem in UT2003 and UT2004 (with the same fix, since their "mouse smoothing" did nothing), so maybe it's just some UE2 games with certain setups that don't like the default value.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Steam has:

Mass Effect 2 $9.99 - good deal, get it nao.
Mass Effect $9.99 - not a very good deal but if you don't have it, you could do worse.
Darksiders $10.00 - if you like Tomb Raider/Legacy of Kain/God of War/etc style games, you'll like this one.
DeathSpank $7.50 - it's Ron Gilbert, come on.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Yup. Deathspank is my pick today. I think I'll keep waiting on Darksiders (I have a metric ton of Zelda games to play still).

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Ehhh... I don't think so. People have made that comparison, but it's no more like Zelda than any other fantasy 3D platformer, IMO.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
FYI, both Mass Effect 1 and 2 are $8 on GamersGate.

Besides those, pick up Darksiders (on Steam, that is). It's few quirks and not-that-awesome PC portedness are easily overlooked because it's fun, not to mention only $10.

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
If I have an xbawks and a capable PC with a gamepad, should I grab darksiders on the box instead?
Price isn't a big deal since both versions can be found on the cheap these days, and I'd rather shell out an extra 5-10 for the 'better' version if there is one.