FragBU: Friday 12/9 and Saturday 12/10

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Hyrulian Hero said:
With those symptoms, I'm willing to bet a wire is broken somewhere in the cable, probably right at the point where the cable goes into the mouse. In my experience USB is much less forgiving of intermittent connection than PS/2 is.

Either way, as soon as this money transfer to Paypal happens, I'm buying an MX518 off Newegg.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
>Well for the few matches i played on Friday it was a blast. I finally got to face some good people who i couldn't 0wn:) (a good thing) I hope to play again next week if I can get back to the high speed connection.

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Some ggs last night. Some very challenging - enjoyed that.

I'm sorry that on that JB map I just couldn't get a hang of that. I deserve a plaque on the wall for most time spent in jail in that one. Did you all hear a sucking sound playing that JB map with me? I know I did. It was the sound of me. Sucking. :p

At any rate, thanks to whoever was playing as h:ref last night for picking Xanadu. I know the frames are bad in areas and the ambient sounds too loud, but it was nice to finally play that map with a decent player load and with those who knew their stuff. I appreciate it. Sorry many of you didn't enjoy it too much.

Thanks again for the fun.

:)

-AV

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
hal said:
Whew... ggs tonight. Pretty tough matches all around. Good night for CTF lovers.

I don't get it when people say FragBU is too pro. Since when was playing hard a bad thing? I think it's lol when someone pulls off a really incredible shot on me, or when mms kills me constantly before I can even grab a weapon on Romra. FragBU has always been about playing hard.

Hal there is playing HARD, but you reach a point where you can't do ANYTHING vs. some of these peeps and it goes from hard to Absolutely Fustrating. That's why I spec alot of the time.

I'mma say it Straight out, I DON'T want to play JD (love ya kiddo :cool: ), m&ms, ANY [Ci] people cause it's no fun for me. :( (This is my problem not anyone else's)

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Xanadu is a beautiful map, it was just a combination of bad fps and bad m&ms on the roof that gave me high ffs.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Didn't play yesterday. Too busy doing coding stuff.

Xanadu looks decent, but it plays like crap, imo.

The Warden said:
Hal there is playing HARD, but you reach a point where you can't do ANYTHING vs. some of these peeps and it goes from hard to Absolutely Fustrating. That's why I spec alot of the time.
I feel like this sometimes too, when m&ms is there. It's not just you. :)

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Hey, I'd get an MX518 if I didn't have an MX510. :)

Has there been anything happening with FBUBP recently?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
ArcadiaVincennes said:
Some ggs last night. Some very challenging - enjoyed that.

I'm sorry that on that JB map I just couldn't get a hang of that. I deserve a plaque on the wall for most time spent in jail in that one. Did you all hear a sucking sound playing that JB map with me? I know I did. It was the sound of me. Sucking. :p

At any rate, thanks to whoever was playing as h:ref last night for picking Xanadu. I know the frames are bad in areas and the ambient sounds too loud, but it was nice to finally play that map with a decent player load and with those who knew their stuff. I appreciate it. Sorry many of you didn't enjoy it too much.

Thanks again for the fun.

:)

-AV

Xanadu is a really cool looking map - but very large. I always wanted to play some Invasion on the map. Think I may just go do that now... :)

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Yeah, it would make a nice Invasion map. Maybe we should get it back on Vipers or something? :c

/me thinks about Nalicow Invasion

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
The Warden said:

I'mma say it Straight out, I DON'T want to play JD (love ya kiddo :cool: ), m&ms, ANY [Ci] people cause it's no fun for me. :( (This is my problem not anyone else's)
I pretty much have grown a list of players that, if I have to play against them (whether in FFA or team-based gametypes), I feel completely hopeless. :(

Without naming complete names,
PHP:
// Define string array of pro players at FragBU
string* pros = {"r..", "h..", "J..", "m..", "N..", "R..", "k..", "B.."};
and probably several more I missed. :p

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Defeat said:
>Is it just that too many of you who play on Fragbu just don't like LMS, and thats why it's not an option on the voting?
Why play LMS when you can play AM or TAM? And why play LMS when we decided to get rid of AM and TAM?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
DaFeet said:
Is it just that too many of you who play on Fragbu just don't like LMS, and thats why it's not an option on the voting?
Certain gametypes don't work well for FragBU and/or aren't liked by enough people to warrant being on the server. Either way, the end result is the same: if they were on the server and got voted in, tons of people would immediately leave. LMS (and TAM, which was on the server for a short bit) makes lesser-skilled players sit out while others just hide the whole match, and it makes it very, very boring for many people. Stuff like DDOM and BR weren't liked enough to make people stay or play seriously, so they got the axe as well. Same goes for AS and VCTF, hence why the server is down to DM/TDM/CTF/ONS/JB. I wouldn't mind seeing JB go though, as it's just a slower-paced TDM where you're immediately punished for dying, and I would like to see AS come back, provided everyone took the time to at least halfway learn the maps and strategies behind them. VCTF is okay with the right maps, but those maps don't exist. :p