FragBU: Friday 12/9 and Saturday 12/10

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
W0RF said:
Still no Santa hats and Capture the Tree? :(

CandyCanes or ONSXmas too please! Preferably the no-sound varieties just so that people don't want to hurl their speakers out the window after the first 30 seconds...

Also, I can't be there this weekend. Up to my head with coding projects and finals, that and I got roped into helping out with our 3rd annual "show in 24 hours" with the drama honor society on campus. Ooops.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Won't be able to make it this weekend...There's a full retexturing going on in my dining room, which is also the place where my roommate's compy is located. Since he is serving the internet to me, this will be an internet-less weekend for me. Have fun you guys :)

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Taleweaver said:
Won't be able to make it this weekend...There's a full retexturing going on in my dining room, which is also the place where my roommate's compy is located. Since he is serving the internet to me, this will be an internet-less weekend for me. Have fun you guys :)

What size of textures are these. low blow 256*256, or ultra mega 2024*2024. Are these bump mapped or normal mapped textures as well.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
GGs especially Romra and Thorns :lol:

@ Warden I couldn't even answer you about the GM'K after mucking about with my INIs earlier :eek:

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
GG's even thought I got on early, won a match, felt like crap, went to sleep, then woke up to spec a 500000 hour long ons match, then played Romra, thorns, and albatross.

:c

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
It was pretty good tonight, though it ended on a sour note.

Can we PLEASE have a little more cooperation with teams here? That game on Terra was absolute crap, and no one would switch while it went 4-0 Blue.

Winning is all fine and dandy, but when teams are off like that - where you can generally storm the base and the other team can't mount any sort of offense or defense - it's time to switch up.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
ggs last night, had fun running over the "vehekal" crew.
I would have stayed longer, but I wasn't feeling it and there were people speccing and wanting to play.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Good to see you flying about in your Manta again, Huggy. :tup:

Here's my thoughts on 'teams'. We need to pipe up before the match starts or suck it up and let the chips fall where they may. If someone says something before the game even starts - there's probably a good reason. If people start yelling teams after the game starts and their team starts losing - well, sour grapes.

I hope we can play some more JB tonight - I missed out on all of the JB fun. (not heights) :D

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
ggs all!

We had some really well-balanced CTF and JB games where people switched mid-map. That goes great as long as the people that are vocal about uneven teams actually do something about it, and switch themselves and/or ask someone specifically from the other team to swap.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Skold said:
ggs all!

We had some really well-balanced CTF and JB games where people switched mid-map. That goes great as long as the people that are vocal about uneven teams actually do something about it, and switch themselves and/or ask someone specifically from the other team to swap.
Well, that's true... but not if the vocal person is the leading scorer of the team. Far too often we start off a game unbalanced (and no one says anything), then we get a lopsided score and then one of the top scorers for the winning team goes to the losing team - unbalancing it in the other direction. That's no fun either.

Just say something before we start - be receptive to the request - and after that, let the game go on. Lots of times the teams ARE even, but one team is simply outplaying the other. That's gonna happen imo.

A warmup mode for those two might be good, zyn.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Yeah... Is there any way to get a warmup mode for ONS at least? It's pretty ridiculous when only half or less of a team is available at match start. I have a feeling the games would be more balanced if both teams were able to get off to a good start by having everyone loaded and ready to go.