FragBU: Friday 12/9 and Saturday 12/10

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
nuttella said:
Xanadu is a beautiful map, it was just a combination of bad fps and bad m&ms on the roof that gave me high ffs.

For some reason, that made me go LOL. :p

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
CyMek said:
I had fun, there were good games and bad games, but I had fun. And AV, I gotta give it to ya, you're a damn good mapper.

Got the warm and fuzzies. Thanks. :)

Yeah, best gameplay is on the roof - which coincidentally also has the worst FPS. I chalk it up to a learning experience. :D

Already looking forward to next weeek.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
ggs this weekend.

Extra special thanks to klasnic and nutella for being gullible enough to steal my manta. I have a car alarm installed, y'know.

w0rfed.gif

Last edited:

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Hyrulian Hero said:
I pretty much have grown a list of players that, if I have to play against them (whether in FFA or team-based gametypes), I feel completely hopeless. :(

Without naming complete names,
PHP:
// Define string array of pro players at FragBU
string* pros = {"r..", "h..", "J..", "m..", "N..", "R..", "k..", "...

klasnic, really? Wow! :lol:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
nuttella said:
klasnic, really? Wow! :lol:

I'm not surprised I'm not on that list.

I'll be back this upcoming weekend. Provided finals don't kill me before then. Can we get some xmas stuff and the MegaPack up and running before then? Please?

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Hyrulian Hero said:
I pretty much have grown a list of players that, if I have to play against them (whether in FFA or team-based gametypes), I feel completely hopeless. :(

Without naming complete names,
PHP:
string* pros = {"r..", "h..", "J..", "m..", "N..", "R..", "k..", "B.."};
and probably several more I missed. :p

That is very true. Although I've gotten a lot better, I'm not very good compared to some of those guys. :p
I do manage to frag them once in a while though. :D

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
W0RF said:
Extra special thanks to klasnic and nutella for being gullible enough to steal my manta. I have a car alarm installed, y'know.

w0rfed.gif

So that's what happened :lol:

Hyrulian Hero said:
... Without naming complete names,
PHP:
string* pros = {"r..", "h..", "J..", "m..", "N..", "R..", "k..", "B.."};
and probably several more I missed. :p

So, now it's official. I'm so pro! lmao :D

Last edited:

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
hal said:
Good to see you flying about in your Manta again, Huggy. :tup:

I'm finding a little time now and then to come and waste my friends - as it turns out, it's a great warmup for playing my bass if I don't overdo it.

There's still not a ton of time to play or post, but life is about as successful as I can handle right now.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
edhe said:
Woo, i got to play - until some muppet changed the map to a 14mb non-redicrected download (dm-fractionary-x2)

Probably Fozzie.

Either way, through the generosity of my new love interest, Tenkken, I've already ordered the MX518, which means it should arrive by midweek, which means I won't be putting up with my dying MX500 for long. :p

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
720s? That's weak. I tried playing with a mouse sensitivity of 1000 before, and every five dots (smallest increment the mouse can read, i.e. DPI) was a 360. :)

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
edhe said:
Woo, i got to play - until some muppet changed the map to a 14mb non-redicrected download (dm-fractionary-x2)
Didn't I say I was sorry about that? :(

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Dark Pulse said:
Probably Fozzie.

Either way, through the generosity of my new love interest, Tenkken, I've already ordered the MX518, which means it should arrive by midweek, which means I won't be putting up with my dying MX500 for long. :p

SURE, blame the mouse. MY MX500 doesn't take me to pwn town, I do!

:lol:

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
I'm hoping to upgrade to the g5 myself, if Santa doesn't give me coal instead! For a casual gamer like me, it'll be the bee's knees. Then I can ditch the crappy trackball at the studio so I can actually edit tracks with my mx500.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
W0RF said:
ggs this weekend.

w0rfed.gif

You almost got me, but the I saw you in the corner of my screen, wondered why there was a full health manta there, adn lastly saw a little blue twinkle. I added 1 + 1 + 1 and didn't get in. Man, I gotta give it to you though, that jsut made my BU when I saw you get a few kills that way. :)