• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Well a lot of my female friends found the movie offensive, so I wouldn't call it a female movie, it's more of a fat/ugly chick movie. No offense to anyone that liked the movie but that's the truth.

QFT. Twilight promotes misogynist, stereotype, near-schizophrenic type relationships and none of my female friends like Twilight because of it.

And because it's cheesy as f*ck.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
What is a "near-schizophrenic type relationship"?
I'm guessing a relationship that goes from mad love to indifference or hate in the blink of an eye, then back to love again. I think the relationships in Twilight 2 were like that, haven't watched it though.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I haven't seen it yet, but I will be picking up the blu-ray. From what I hear it contains a sex scene between blue woman and crippled guy that was too risque for the pg-13 rating :mwink:

Source from imdb.com for those who will scream LIES through my orbit

The original cut included a sex scene between Jake and Neytiri. It was cut out of the theatrical release, but will be included on the DVD.

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Twilight is an entirely different scenario. You can't expect that to be regarded with any rationality since it is a solely female movie. It does, however, indicate the decline in female sensibility, intelligence, or whatever you want to call it.
What excellent trolling! :)

And a movie like Crank (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479884/) indicates what about male sensibility, intelligence or whatever you want to call it?:)

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
Uh. There was a sex scene in Avatar in the theatrical release. Nothing was shown, but it was clear they were having sex.
It's not sex, AFAIK they just plugged into each other or something. i hope to god that doesn't qualify as sex, if it did that means that the na'vi **** anything with a pulse.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Uh. There was a sex scene in Avatar in the theatrical release. Nothing was shown, but it was clear they were having sex.

Only just.

As the BBFC guidance for the UK rating of 12A notes,
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/0/afd9d5f529e4b8228025768d0054b54e?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=1#_Section1 said:
AVATAR also contains...a very mild sex reference when a female character states that she and a male character are "mated".

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Well I'm very pleased I stayed out of this thread, away from reviews & didn't watch the trailer before seeing it last night & was able to just sit back & soak it up with an open mind.

I watched the trailer when I got home & couldn't believe how much it would've ruined the movie for me if I'd seen it prior as I found the pretty much relentless unveiling of tech, creatures, landscapes, etc utterly gripping & immersive - 3D has come a long way it would seem.

To be fair, I haven't seen Dances with Wolves or The Smurf's movie so I can't really comment about the similarities, but then I mostly go to the movies to see things that just wouldn't be the same on the small screen & if the story is half-decent too that's kind of a plus.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
LOL! For those here that said they actually feel this way about the movie and loved it, these people are making fun of you. They didn't really like the movie.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk2vR8w2sjc[/m]