• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm starting to think you like this movie more than the rest of us did, with you incessantly searching for Avatar-related things on the internet more than the rest of us. :lol:

Three easy words: get over it.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Easier to remember because they're short and commonly used in the English language. He won't have to open up a dictionnary to understand them.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I'm starting to think you like this movie more than the rest of us did, with you incessantly searching for Avatar-related things on the internet more than the rest of us. :lol:

I'm beginning to think that James Cameron raped his mother and BBA is the offspring of that terrible day.

~Jason

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Saw it earlier in 3D. Defiantly worth a watch in 3D for sure, the plot reminded me of The Matrix though, Get plugged into a different body/being/reality/etc, One new guy from out of the blue turns up and happens to be the one that saves everyone. So much for originality anyway :/

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Saw it earlier in 3D. Defiantly worth a watch in 3D for sure, the plot reminded me of The Matrix though, Get plugged into a different body/being/reality/etc, One new guy from out of the blue turns up and happens to be the one that saves everyone. So much for originality anyway :/

Heh, I think you're the first person to claim it's derivative of The Matrix.
Still, that brings up a good point - The Matrix was hugely derivative of any number of films and stories (not least James Cameron's own Terminator). Yet that film never received anything like the backlash Avatar's receiving.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com

You will never score blue pussy. I think it's you that needs to get over that. Pandora is not real and even if you kill yourself it still won't be real.

Easier to remember because they're short and commonly used in the English language. He won't have to open up a dictionnary to understand them.

You are the one that loved this dumbed down story for people that need/prefer constant visual stimulation over a decent story.

Heh, I think you're the first person to claim it's derivative of The Matrix.
Still, that brings up a good point - The Matrix was hugely derivative of any number of films and stories (not least James Cameron's own Terminator). Yet that film never received anything like the backlash Avatar's receiving.

The Matrix was not a complete rip off of the Terminator like this **** movie was. See Princess Mononoke, The Last Samurai, Fern Gully, Dances With Wolfs. I wouldn't of minded the complete bite as those stories did the same, but at least they told the same story well. This was written in 13 year old story telling style.

The main hero of the movie is a selfish ass that for some reason a certain demographic of virgins loved. "What's this? I can walk again? Well lets run outside and possibly damage this new body that is not mine. **** the cost of everything." Then there are the dumb tribe people that except this **** for no reason at all whom eventually leads thousands of them to their death. The first battle with the humans the smurf's weapons don't work. Oh, but by the second battle they do.

Those of you that are defending it seem to think MTV is better TV because no shot lasts for more than 5 seconds and then you get pissed for people disagreeing. ****ing lame.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zaJdq0VUtk[/m]

Last edited:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
The Matrix is really good.

Avatar was apparently well liked by many people also. But not by everyone.
Now.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Matrix 1 was good.
Matrix 2 had its moments.
Matrix 3 flat out sucked.

Wait, I'm posting in an Avatar thread, which I shouldn't.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
No you schmo biscuit, the Matrix films collectively were excellence.
It's like the bible.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I still liked all three Avatar movies (I mean Matrix, I mean).....dammit now you guys got me all confused.:damncrossposting:

Actually, my brother said the 3D version (regular one) wasn't all that impressive. Has anyone seen the IMAX 3D version.....I bet this is unbelieveable?

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
You will never score blue pussy. I think it's you that needs to get over that. Pandora is not real and even if you kill yourself it still won't be real.
:lol: I hope you're doing this on purpose, I can't believe someone would actually be that stupid. :lol:
I really don't know what to say but ask this: where did you get the idea that everyone who watched Avatar liked it so much that they want to have sex with a computer generated character and want to live on the fictional moon of a fictional gas giant in the solar system of Alpha Centauri A? And kill themselves because it isn't a real place after all, just a movie?
I got that there was this article that showed that some people were affected in such a way, but this doesn't mean that everyone who watched the movie is.
I think you're simply omitting some things I've already said, like when I mentioned that I thought the story wasn't brilliance in itself, and in doing so that makes you look like a simple fool who has the attention span of a fish in an aquarium. I know this thread is long, but please proofread it and you'll figure out that I don't want to kill myself because of this movie, or any other movie in existence, nor am I attracted to the character of Neyrtiri, nor do I think it's the best story ever written by man.
Fail less, please. :lol:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
You always use ":lol:" to soften the impact of your word combinations that could be considered insulting. Very sneaky.
You asshole :lol:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I guess I'm still hoping a little for his sake that he doesn't fully believe everything he posts. So I laugh it off because it seems like a petty joke.
Otherwise that is pretty sad if he actually believes what he writes, and I'll stop using that smiley.

But not yet:
You asshole :lol:
:lol:

hi-ban

"Building Better Worlds"
Nov 1, 2005
LV-426
this made me laugh :lol:
[SCREENSHOT]http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2010/1/3/633981167412234160-Coffee.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Your mother is just for the money.

HAhahaha cyberpunk nerd. First smacking me up for not liking Deus Ex idea etc in the other thread and now you are smacking up others for not liking the Matrix movies. Honestly, Matrix was only good due to the action scenes and stuff.