Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
The Quiet - 6.8/10

Kept me intrigued throughout, but the ending kind of flatlined. It seemed like there was going to be this huge twist or shock, but it never happened.

Bonus points for Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata during the climax. Such a nice piece of music.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Bonus points for Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata during the climax. Such a nice piece of music.

for me that'd be minus points due to overused tunes... much like mozart's ave maria :rolleyes: .

edit: not that these tunes are bad. I just dont want to hear them in movies again. ever.

Requiem for a dream 8/10

Nice drug movie that's highlighting a bit more than your average H-junkies. Infact I didn't care much for the junies but the mum had my sympathies.
Great editing!

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
for me that'd be minus points due to overused tunes...

Hmm... I don't recall hearing it in mainstream media since the original Resident Evil, and that was back in 1996. But to me it's a really emotional piece, I play it on keyboard all the time. I don't tire of music that easily though. Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" still hits me at times, and that's about the most overplayed song in existence. ;)

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Expelled: The Movie

Great movie, interviews with several professors from Oxford, Cambridge, Rutgers, Ohio State, and a bunch of other ones.

Ben Stein's comical/dry humor helps as well, and there are also some sad parts, referring to the Holocaust, etc. Something I'm sure is hard for Stein, as he is Jewish.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
Just got back from seeing In Bruges.
It's a brilliant film, maybe a bit slow getting going, but good performances all around, and probably Colin Farrel's finest role yet, the man can act and shows it for a change.
the humour may not be for everyone, and i can imagine some fuss being made of some of the jokes, but you can't really tell a joke these days without offending someone. Overall though, has it's share of humour, thoughtful moments, and bursts of action.
my rating: 9/10, thoroughly enjoyable, with only 1 scene letting it down, as it just stood out as a bit far fetched among the rest

Forbidden Kingdom 5/10

Really juvenile, which is what I was hoping it wasn't gonna be. You get Jet Li and Jacky Chan in one movie and this is what you produce? There's actually one or two decent scenes and on the whole the movie isn't terrible. The dialogue, however, is. And the main character is so annoying you'll want to gouge his eyes out every three seconds. On the plus, there's hot Asian chicks with weapons.