Zound5x

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Just so Zound has a new thread as the other one takes too long to load :)

I have now had several mails about the Zound=0 in the User.ini file not working - is this the case ?

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
works fine here..

maybe ensure its the user.ini they are editing and that its correct section.. tested with 50..now running 51 and retested... mutate zounds still shows triggers, but nothing plays...no enter/exit sounds...no triggers..

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok, thanks.
It also tested ok here but just had to make certain.
In one of the forums there is a guy 'xxxxxx' or something, he mailed me a few times insisting that the Zound=0 does not work, can you go and explain to him that it does and how exactly to do it as maybe my english is different to his :)
mutate zounds still shows triggers
In 52 this will not be the case :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Frogger, regarding Bushbombs request at Atari about the 'text' addition.
What do you think of his idea of a 'text comment'.
Should you answer him, the only thing is it cannot be attached to the Hidden= command and would just fall under a Comment= and if there is something there it will happen.
Also the code is not an option as Zound is far too popular to have a possibility of a Version Mismatch floating around.
I got caught with UT2Vote13 like that and thats when I started stripping out the code.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
didn't see a need for code going out..

Not sure I am 100% sure what he is requesting. If I type 'music' and I have Comment set to "Check out my new song"... It will display 'Check out my new song' ?

This shouldn't be anything to do with hidden. hidden just says whether or not it shows when you type 'mutate zound'. It may be a function of ShowTrigger.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I had a look at implementing this which could be quite cool, but the only problem is it would have to be added to the current string and although the comment text part is not a problem, the moment we add a "on/off" command like Comment=True/False then every string needs this even if its false and this eliminates copy and paste to next version which could prove a problem.
I'm currently looking into self adding it if its missing.
I know I did this with UT2Vote several versions ago but I'm buggered if I remember how I did it :)

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
any way to set it such that if the string is missing, assume it as false? Or make a new Zound convert for
51---->52 which simply adds this string.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
if a new version is in the works... feature request..

bduringgame=true/false

True- operates as it does now

False- zounds only function before and after the match.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I'll look into it but lately my time is cut out at work.
[rant]
I'm constantly being called out.
This weekend was a long weekend with Thursday being a holiday so I took Friday off, hoping to get some coding done.
I was called out 5 hours on Thursday, 4 hours on Friday and 4 hours yesterday.
This sucks :(
Engineers and technicians today most certainly are not what they were before.
They come out of college like a sausage machine with degrees and diplomas that read like a comic book and demand salaries that one only dream about.
They then sit around with their laptops while you work you ass off.
[/rant]
:)

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
frogger187 said:
*Hides my Engineering degree and my laptop

You make it up to the community with your gazzillion of posts in Atari :)

*damn have a laptop too ...... AND a degree .... /me step back and shut up :D *

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
lol. laptop here, and hmm, diploma too ^^ but no comic-book :D

btw, hey i get a 5% rise from next month, wohoo, so finally after working for 8 years in this job with round about 40 days vacation (in 8 years) i'm there, where theese comic-book-aided guys are on the first day...

but in opposite to them, i mostly know, what i'm talking about here :D