ZenPirate's Official Guide to Safer Browsing v0.6

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jesus

The _Real_ Jesus
Jan 16, 2004
Stalking
Update!!

shieldsup: no ports open, all stealth. i think i am behind a router, and i know i am behind 2 software firewalls :O

i've had like 3 spyware programs, one trojan and no viruses.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
*edit* Updated Mozilla product URLs and updated "Microsoft Antispyware" to "Microsoft Defender"

--opened for discussion, as per request--

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Does anyone here know of a product that functions similar to Microsoft Defender, but isn't Microsoft Defender? There have got to be some good ones out there that are free as well, but I just can't seem to find them...

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Argosax said:
I wanted to stop using windows, but i think i´ll miss the blue sceen of death
Oh, you can get equally-fantastic errors under Linux too, it's just that you'll have to try much harder to get one (like using buggy development-versions of kernel and/or buggy modules), and the errors aren't as colorful. ;)

BarneyGumball

Just Another User
Mar 4, 2006
Australialand =]
I love how you included Eset's Nod32 as an example...

this would have to be THE best Antivirus i've ever seen...

Since using it (since a few months ago) i have never had a virus
in my system...

definetly worth the buy

draconx

RuneUT
Jun 26, 2002
Waterloo, Canada
Oh, you can get equally-fantastic errors under Linux too, it's just that you'll have to try much harder to get one (like using buggy development-versions of kernel and/or buggy modules), and the errors aren't as colorful.
No, but you can get error messages like

Code:
*actual crash information here*
Kernel Panic: AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

or
Code:
Reiser4 panicked cowardly!