Yay, motion blur!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Now the game got about 200% better. :D Also, of course it looks a lot better in motion obviously, as with most other post effects. ;)
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=602815
moblur.jpg

moblur2.jpg

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=602815

Thanks MonsOlympus. :D

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
I guess this would be a cool post-processing effect for the kills slow time mutator.
As for having it on all the time while playing: I'm not sure I'd want that. In this game, I value being able to spot things from the corner of my eye much more than sexy graphics. But nice find anyway:)

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
[screenshot]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg239/techrelated/moblur3.jpg[/screenshot]
:D

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
I haven't noticed any difference in performance. :)

It'll depend on your GPU though (Q6600, 8800gt here).

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
ex-Q6600 and slightly smouldering 8800GTS here, so shouldn't be a problem either;)
When I get my system back I'll probably give it a try.

BradG

Jan 20, 2008
to those which are doubtful, just try it? ;) its a mutator so its tiny... if you dont like it, then just dont enable it again :) personally i like it. but to look at screenshots of it, it looks hideous to say the least

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I honestly noticed zero difference while playing, but the screenshot I took definitely had the blur... Maybe running on a 60 Hz monitor makes it unnoticeable? :con:

Then again, all LCD panels have some motion blur due to the limits of the technology, so I guess it's just that this mutator doesn't change anything enough to notice.

I'm buying a CRT soon. D:

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Motion Blur was probably the reason why I wasn't able to play GOW always. It's often annoying for my eyes.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Bah the current one works fine although the effect is better if you are using ActionCam ... But still it is noticeable and it is cool to play around with ... especially offline against bots. :)

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
Motion blur should stay in movies and custscenes imo. It's still good to see it can be done though, I suppose.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Well, it's in the PS3 UT3, Gears of War, Perfect Dark, Crysis, and a host of other games. :p

Apr 13, 2003
Somewhere, Unreal
Visit site
I honestly noticed zero difference while playing, but the screenshot I took definitely had the blur... Maybe running on a 60 Hz monitor makes it unnoticeable? :con:

Then again, all LCD panels have some motion blur due to the limits of the technology, so I guess it's just that this mutator doesn't change anything enough to notice.

I'm buying a CRT soon. D:

I have three crt not in use. Two on the livingroom floor and one at my desk. I tried to go back to crt to play ut3 but the colors look so much crisper on lcd that I just can't seem to go back. I wish I knew how much difference fps would be 60 vs. 90(online cap)... I went insane last week going between the two & just end up leaving smooth framerate, vsync off for my lcd and am happy. Plus some odd glitch wouldn't let my crt play 1600x1200!!! in game it could go HIGHER or lower.

I think having low ms lcd is nicer unless you get a HUGE crt.