XMP is coming to UT2004! - Free Monkey Interactive Announces UT XMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
XMP is still NOT DEAD. I think the 2K4 conversion is good as I've already stated, but saying in your little promotion image that XMP for UT2 has had it's life "cut short" is bogus. It's still very much alive and it's still very well loved. God that statement irks me.

Freemonkey slaps everyone in the XMP community around a bit with a large trout.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
oh and PS:

ANTI CHEAT

2K4 has as many cheats and aimbots as counter-strike did ALREADY. Bundle in some EFFECTIVE form of anti-cheat or I can tell you right now, you will not turn many XMP fans over to this conversion.. since the lack of cheating is what contributes to this community being the way it is. You bring XMP to 2K4 and make it so little 9 year olds can just waltz on over to XXXXXX cheating website and grab any old aimbot they feel like - and you will bring it down like a house of cards in a tornado.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Jubei said:
2k4 vehicles suck,keep the raptor and juggernaut,make the harbinger more useful and maybe adding a bike like they planned,maybe this gunship would be cool too,one driver,the ship hovering above the ground,and 4 turrets on the sides,so that would be a 5 person vehicle.

Hmm, that is exacly what they SHOULDN'T do. First off, recreat everything that was in the original XMP and then, perhaps, make a couple of bonuspacks. Yes, I think that would be the best way.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
[BBF]Mantik said:
oh and PS:

ANTI CHEAT

2K4 has as many cheats and aimbots as counter-strike did ALREADY. Bundle in some EFFECTIVE form of anti-cheat or I can tell you right now, you will not turn many XMP fans over to this conversion.. since the lack of cheating is what contributes to this community being the way it is. You bring XMP to 2K4 and make it so little 9 year olds can just waltz on over to XXXXXX cheating website and grab any old aimbot they feel like - and you will bring it down like a house of cards in a tornado.

Trust me with ut2004 patches it's going to be a heck of a lot harder to make an aimbot for ut2004's engine than u2's. The reason there is little cheating in u2 is because nobody wants to bother, not because it's harder.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Like I said before:
1. It will make me buy UT2K4.
2. It better be the same, or very very close.
3. I'm gonna wait and see if people will migrate
4. Even if 8 people are left playing U2XMP, I will still play it. UTXMP will be my backup game when those 8 people go to do something else. Hope this makes some people feel better.

Wish you luck, Free Monkey.

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
TWD said:
Trust me with ut2004 patches it's going to be a heck of a lot harder to make an aimbot for ut2004's engine than u2's. The reason there is little cheating in u2 is because nobody wants to bother, not because it's harder.

i Doubt that somehow

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
Lise said:
All I know is, the guy who did CBP-Asunder is working on this. I doubt I'll be disappointed.

hmm, since this is the map which had an hole at the red base in its beta periode and still has the hole in the final version and since this map is the only map where you have to actually 'jump' over 1cm high concrete plates at the generators instead of just walk over them like on every other nice map, i would be a bit more careful with such thoughts ^^

:D

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
I don't know if Free Monkey can do math or not but if you do finish this mod and it is a complete XMP version for UT2k4, then you will have officially put the last nail into XMP's coffin. The lack of promotion is because cXp doesn't have heavy hitters like you guys helping with bringing out new maps, modes, models, and adding other stuff to the game play. We do what we can with what we have. But this is the help that we get from you guys? Killing the real XMP and giving something free over to 2k4?...Thanks - only way I'll back this idea is if you or any other Free Monkey person will pay me off in order to get UT2k4. Or hell maybe someone should of heeded the idea of making a DEMO for UT2k4 so if XMP did die u could make it full XMP but while XMP lived you could be pulling ppl over to XMP from UT2k4....but no.....you think of yourselves as saviors when your the ones walking us into damnation. (Not literally of course)

Oh yeah, you think XMP's community was bad....wait til you get to 2k4 when you have ppl coming in that will be more of an ass, more of a tker, and more **** that you wouldn't want over there. With lil of a good side to it.....oh wait.....XMP is "alive" on UT2k4 though.....is that a good thing?

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
I don't care myself if it's the last nail in the coffin for REAL XMP. As long as it plays the same, I'm happy. TBH, XMP is probably not going to survive the summer. This will keep the gametype alive possibly indefinitely(like say Bombing Run). I love the XMP gametype, a game of skill and strategy. So what I gotta spend 40 bucks, I haven't bought a game since XMP came out(and I got it for free as a beta tester. :p ) This negativity about this is bad.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Although your face makes me afraid, you speak words of wisdom.

Seriously, to 99% of the gaming world, XMP was dead 3 months ago. Quit kidding yourselves.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
TWD said:

Uh, there is a dozen or so cheats and aimbots for 2k4 ALREADY.

removed, and don't say "thanks for linking it" or some bs.. anyone who can tie their shoelaces can go to www.google.com and type in "unreal tournament cheats" to have it pop up in their results. So yeah, cheating WILL BE AN ISSUE and you can't ignore it like you can in this xmp by saying "it's not worth their time."

Sir_Brizz said:
Seriously, to 99% of the gaming world, XMP was dead 3 months ago. Quit kidding yourselves.

XMP might be dead to the "gaming world" but to this XMP community.. you know.. the community you're POSTING IN.. it is far from dead pal. The gaming world can quit kidding ITSELF, while I go play XMP - the game that ISN'T dead.. since I can find a game at any hour of any day of any week :rolleyes:

Like I said, this conversion is a good thing.. but stfu about XMP being dead, it's not.

Expanding on the Expanded Multiplayer: good idea.

Knock it and it's following while doing so, rude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
[BBF]Mantik said:
XMP might be dead to the "gaming world" but to this XMP community.. you know.. the community you're POSTING IN.. it is far from dead pal. The gaming world can quit kidding ITSELF, while I go play XMP - the game that ISN'T dead.. since I can find a game at any hour of any day of any week :rolleyes:

Like I said, this conversion is a good thing.. but stfu about XMP being dead, it's not.

Expanding on the Expanded Multiplayer: good idea.

Knock it and it's following while doing so, rude.
Not knocking it's following. But where does it sit in the stack? At the bottom.

A dead game does not mean nobody plays it, For Pete's sake, Mario 3 is a dead game, but I still play it every once in a while. Unreal 1 is a dead game, but alot of people still play it. It's dead when the amount of people playing it is small enough that it makes no difference. I hop into XMP and see one server full. Maybe two servers full. And if I'm lucky there is one server in either situation that has 5 or 6 in it and not full so I can join. In my mind it's dead when you can't find a server that isn't full because they are so sparse.

I think XMP is a great game, and I loved the ideas they implemented (albeit they needed a little more work). But loving a game and recognizing it is dead are two different things. I don't whine when people say Unreal 1 is dead, and it's likely that there are as many people playing it at any one time as there are playing XMP. It's NOT A BAD THING.

edit: oh and I might just add that it is not gaining new players, it's not supported by Atari, and the company that created it is shut down? kthxbye.

Last edited by a moderator:

[GDC]Faust

Goblin Hunter
Apr 29, 2004
www.gamersdungeon.de
Well in my oppinion, u free monkey guys have taken a BIG responsibilty on your shoulders and I hope you are aware of that.

we are working to combine our own original assets with top-notch XMP gameplay and the speed and style of Unreal Tournament 2004

Dude, I hope you know what you are saying with this. If I take that LITERALLY, you run great risk of tearing this hole XMP-Community apart and replace it with a bunch of dumb kids who love flashy graphics and epileptic colors.

Don't understand me wrong, if you manage to do this and bring a TC which is not just 'comparable' with current XMP, you guys will do a great job and will save this community for ages, probably (Not if think the community is in grave danger right now...)

Just be aware that you guys are currently holding the life of the XMP-community in your hand? Because if you fail, XMP will be REALLY dead, probably..... k?

/just my unworthy 2cents

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Dead_Metal said:
Brizz, you have a twisted perception of what "dead" is.
Thanks, but unfortunately most words in English have multiple meanings, and dead is one of them.

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
Also, I just hope they dont build the game around the UT2004 fans cause they are speaking of all sorts of vehicles and weapons and such modified. The reason why I say this cause a majority of the fans that want this are the ut2k4 morons that had knocked XMP in the past.

I just hope they dont cater this to them.

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
there is multiple meanings, then there is what ppl think they mean, then there is opinions on what they can be used for, and also there are the idiots that use one word that they shouldn't - though i'm not saying which one you are.

btw - Faust, to them and most of everyone else, it is "dead" :p and don't you think they know that the hold the life of the xmp community in their hands? why do u think they do this? lol ....makes u wonder, or at least I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.