UE1 - UT Would this be possible (to easily edit this file)?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but it seems the best place to post my request, so please feel free to move it if it's wrongly placed.

Anyway, I want to be able to create my own custom single player ladder for UT (a series of matches against bots, for single player mode), but since I have no experience or aptitude for UT programming I was hoping I could manually edit the file from:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sp-ladder/downloads

This mod gives a new single player ladder, and it's great, and I thought (hoped) that there might be a text file included that I could edit with NOTEPAD (or something) to change the maps used, and maybe other settings too. But the file is not editable (that I can see) so is it possible for me to somehow edit this mod to use the maps that I specify?

Thanks for any answers.

Edit: Using UT Package Tool (from http://www.acordero.org/projects/unreal-tournament-package-tool/ ) I've managed to open the file UCMenu.u, but can't find the map names to change them. Alright, so it was unlikely to be this easy, but it was worth a try (and maybe it is possible to do it this way and I'm just missing something obvious?).

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
The short answer is that it requires programming.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
But Im willing to try...

If you do have the time, then would you consider perhaps making a mod that reads the ladder's parameters from a text file that the user can edit, say userladder.ini ,so that the ini file's settings would look something like this:

Game Type = Deathmatch
Map = 007complex.unr
Number of Teams = 2
Number of bots = 11
Time Limit = 20

Game Type = Last Man Standing
Map = castle.unr
Number of Teams = 6
Number of bots = 10
Time Limit = 20

Game Type = Team Deathmatch
Map = 007complex.unr
Number of Teams = 3
Number of bots = 10
Time Limit = 15

(obviously the settings for teams have no effect in deathmatch and Last Man Standing). This way the user can specify the maps to be used and everything else of importance. This would be a great addition for Unreal Tournament, I think.

Mortheus

Aug 8, 2011
I don't have any skills too, but learning wouldnt be so bad idea. I would make a new ladder, but I don't know where to start...

Mortheus

Aug 8, 2011
Well I have done some illegal stuff such as hacks, but thats it. Can't I just give it a try or is it really-really that hard?

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
It wouldn't be hard to do, I looked at the code.

The author posted this fairly recently, if you get his permission to alter his files I'll help you.