Woes of the GD server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lode

May 1, 2002
Viriginia!
Visit site
As the GDs probably know, I play on their server alot. And never before have I ever gotten booted from a server, gotten so much grief, and been specifically targeted out of everyone else as well as the same guys who wear the same clan tag as me.

It starts with many of the people who play on this server. They continuously accuse me of spawn camping, exit killing whatever just like in Mucus's post. And the problem is that this utter tripe. I never done anything that ruins the fun of the game. The thing thing is apparently I don't play the game the way they believe it should be played. Ironically they and practically everybody has done the same things I have done: camp a certain spawn exit or way, move away from the objective, run near a spawn and have someone jump out and try to shoot me, shoot people totally oblivious that the area outside their spawn isn't safe. And I get booted for this. I see the same people who criticise me doing the exact same thing or WORSE on a consistent basis.

Case in point: my clanmate cheese gets booted for shooting from behind the rock in the direction of the defenders spawn in pankisi gorge. thats in all fairness exit killing. [GD]NKTB can back this up, that he likes to jump on the rock in the corner and shoot people coming out of the attacker spawn. thats also in all fairness exit killing and exploiting a weird map thing. He kills half our freaking team and nobody says a thing.

Ive seen GD guys shoot nades near the tents in Skopje. Even Ive never ever shot any kind of nades near the tent yet we get accused by them of spawn killing. I ask myself why? What does nMp guys do that so different from everyone else.

And Ive come to the conclusion that some GDs and others have a grudge againts former vanilla players and are immature pricks.

Im not going to get into an argument on how fair exit camping is or exactly how i can defend an objective. All I know is that once you step out of a spawn into the open and you can fight back, you are fair game. In the beginning of a game, you can sprint out of your spawn no problem because the other team is on the other side of the map. When you respawn, thats by definition going to change. People complain about respawns making people more reckless with their lives. And you know what, dieing does have a consequence. You lose control of territory. And some territory is critical.

On city block, if you let me go up the street and then i get on your roof. Then your entire team dies and respawns and you all run like lemmings out into the middle of the street I will shoot everyone one of you. Why on earth would I let you get to the CD building. How would it be so different if i lean around the corner on the ground? There are multiple exits, underground exits, other buildings where you can cover my position, not too mention hold my position. You want to prevent that from happening? Defend the critical points!

All I hear is whine whine whine. How awful would this game be if people played like the whiners want them to? Is the attackers half of the map some sort of safe zone? Am i not allowed to move 2 feet and peek around the corner to shoot someone cause that would be on their side of the map? I totally understand frustration at spawn killing. On Stalingrad, I purposely avoid the 2nd floor spawn side cause I might shoot someone spawning. They have no chance to fight back cause I can see their feet. Its not fair. Im not going to do something thats cheap.

But to cordon off huge sections of the map thats some demilitarized zone is ridiculous. Computer games are not meant to be played that way. And people forget this is a game. Making up rules that prevent people from playing the game is retarded. You can play like this but not like that. Retarded.

What makes me so frustrated is that people like Odie, who is supposed to admin and make the game fun for everybody, really only wants to make the game fun for himself. God forbid I shoot him anywhere near his spawn he'll boot me. Yesterday, the teams started uneven. He gives an ultimatum that if we don't even up the team he'll "make us". When I got booted, someone else mentioned how he only boots people he doesnt like. Admins should not be this way. If he doesnt like the way I play, why should i care if Im not doing anything wrong. Why me, when countless other people has done the same things.

Ive gotten purpose tked more on this server than ever on vanilla 2.86. Someone who plays alot knifed me caused i got him with a couple bullets without killing me and I didn't apologise in time. In regards to spawn killing, one guy threw nade after nade into a spawn killing me and others as they spawned and he had the gall to ask everyone if he should stop spawn killing. Others Im talking about saw that and didn't say a damn thing.

I wrote alot cause I dont intend to get into the inane arguments thats typical of these forums. There are serious problems with the mindsets of most of these players left in inf. They don't know how to play a game for fun. They want to play their specific cultish way and everyone else is a damn vanilla bunny hopper spawn camper. They whine incessently. They talk alot of ****. Spam messages. Pathogically believe what anyone says that belongs in "their camp".

Back when muf had an eas server, my clan mate cheese would say lets go to GD cause they play tactically. Now that GD is the only viable US server left, we sit there mulling whether we can put up with the people on the GD server. I don't expect any of you who i criticised or think im criticising to say yeah lode is right I have been treating some guys unfairly. I do expect some of the decent people if they'res anyone left nowadays, the kind of guys you enjoy playing with regardless of clan tag, to back me up here. Course when Kicken, whos played 4 hours of 2.9, goes on the server and gets **** talked to him cause of his tag, I have very little hope.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
i haven't been there but imo its spawnkilling if the other guy gets shot as soon as he spawns. anything else is ok for mo. the maps were betatested for quite some time and you shouldn't think of anything as a spawnbug that isn't clearly a bug abuse. unless you see the guys spawning from where you are you are not spawnkilling. if the mappers would want you to stay away from these areas there would be a sniper actor.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Well I knew sooner or later due to more and more people playing on the server someone would get treated unfairly. I wasnt present at the time however, so I can only say general things about how I feel about the situation.

Frankly, I am personally getting tired of some on the shenanagins going on in GD and that is why I havnt been playing the last few days. Its nothing against anyone in perticular. Theres just too much whining and crying going on about everything. Look people, not everyone is going to get what they want always. I think the only think you should be booted for is if you directly shoot or nade into the EXACT area that PEOPLE APPEAR. If you round that first rock or corner and get popped SORRY. YOUR BEAT! If you dont like that im sorry go to another server. The only way an admin should step in is to stop people from nading or shooting DIRECTLY into a spawn.

Definition of spawn= The exact area where players appear. ie: INSIDE the tent in Skopje, once you leave the tent flaps YOUR IN DANGER ZONE AND CAN BE KILLED. Solution? Lean around the tent flaps and pop whoever is "camping" it.

Example of gray area with this: Stalingrad. You spawn in an area with clear site of the obj building where someone might be passing by. If you spawn and get shot by someone walking by it might have been valid. AGAIN ITS GRAY AREA.

I apologize Lode if you were truely mistreated. But odie is usually calm and collective, ive never seen him frsutrated except when I insulted him once. Hehe ;) But quite frankly im going to hold a meeting this wedsnday to discuss these matters to straighten this out.

Do I "exit" kill? yes. I consider it like cutting off supply lines, or ambushing reinforcements in a battle. If the other team is so unorganized they cant remove a single person at a chokepoint then they deserve to die. If you dont like this tactic then go to another server. But true spawnkilling WILL NEVER EVER be tolerated.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
I also don't understand the whole Camp and Spawnkilling complaints. We don't get much Spawn killing compaints on my TDM server, since there are no respwans, but we get a lot of people complaining about camping. Its funny. In many cases the big "stop camping" complainers are the ones who will quote "as real as it gets" in other arguments. I admit I hate the ppl that just camp until the round ends or they are the last player but I wholly agree with the tactic of camping a good spot. Its my job to defend myself and my teammates. If the best way to do that is find cover and lay low then so be it. The reason the complainers are complaining is because they were so impatient they ran to the center of the map and got crushed.

I hate to see that things have been so bad for you Lode. I know you are on my server a decent amount and we enjoy having you there. Several others mentioned in your post (NTKB, Odie) are also on some and have also been great guys. So, I won't take one side or the other. I will just agree that your points as written make sense to me.

1. Camping is fine, as long as you are doing it for tactical reasons.
2. Spawnkilling is only killing someone as they spawn or right after they spawn. Once they start moving or get out of Sniper Actor range, they are a fair target.

Shan

Last edited:

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
shan said:
I also don't understand the whole Camp and Spawnkilling complaints. We don't get much Spawn killing compaints on my TDM server, since there are no respwans, but we get a lot of people complaining about camping. Its funny. In many cases the big "stop camping" complainers are the ones who will quote "as real as it gets" in other arguments. I admit I hate the ppl that just camp until the round ends or they are the last player but I wholly agree with the tactic of camping a good spot. Its my job to defend myself and my teammates. If the best way to do that is find cover and lay low then so be it. The reason the complainers are complaining is because they were so impatient they ran to the center of the map and got crushed.

I hate to see that things have been so bad for you Lode. I know you are on my server a decent amount and we njoy having you there. Several others mentioned in your mail are also on quite a bit and have also been great guys. So, I won't take one side or the other. I will just agree that your points as written make sense to me.

Camping is fine, as long as you are doing it for tactical reasons.
Spawnkilling is only killing someone as they spawn or right after they spawn. Once they start moving or get out of Sniper Actor range, they are a fair target.

Shan

Shan mights I suggest that when the last player timer runs out the "last player" ie the team with one person left loses that round? This prevents a losing team with only one person left from hiding, since he would need to kill the other people before the timer runs out. Thats how most TDM servers ran "back in the day."

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
{GD}NTKB said:
Shan mights I suggest that when the last player timer runs out the "last player" ie the team with one person left loses that round? This prevents a losing team with only one person left from hiding, since he would need to kill the other people before the timer runs out. Thats how most TDM servers ran "back in the day."

Not sure I can configure the server that way. That would be the ideal if it works.

Meant to say ---> I posted a question in Development on it.

Shan

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Let's put this as simply as possible....

1. Server don't belong to players... they belong to their owner. They can do what ever they wan't on those servers. Even force stupid rules that you don't like
2. If the owner of a server doesn't wan't you on it, just too bad.
3. Life isn't fair. Get over it.

But before anything else, don't blame Odie. He did a lot of work in creating and maintaning this server. He was nice enough to take one of his machine that he needs to work to create this server. Until I see a server of comparable quality with yourname on it, you'd better STFU and leave those admins who work hard alone.

Yes, I'm defending Odie perhaps in a crude way, but I think he, and those who helped him, deserve a lot of good credit.

I see your point and myself find this irritating sometimes. But what can i do? whine about it? Yeah that should help.

Maybe a nice email to Odie, without insulting him, would have done a better job for your cause. Pleading your cause like this, on this forum, is only asking to start a new flame-war. But, somehow, I think you knew that already.

As for spawnkilling and all that, I think I made my point in the thread about spawnkilling. fist_mlrs is right, but if the admin specifically ask you not to do this, then don't. If he does it and ask the other team not to do it, and you're unhappy with that, leave.

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
First - pankisi gorge. I will no longer kick for the reason you list. That is "Exit" shooting. I have had a change of mind about that tactic.

Second - Last night I did not kicked you for killing me. I kicked you due to team members on TS telling me you where spawn killing. This was on Refinery and when players die behind the barrels that is spawn killing. Now have I spawned killed? Sure have, did it last night. But you know what? Right when I made the kill the Sniper action message came up and I told whoever I killed I was sorry. Then I got the hell out of there.

I have nothing against you or any other of you clan members but I am the admin and I will do as I feel must be done. I am human and I may make mistakes (and I have made them). I am still new at being an admin. When Inf 2.9 came out I said, "hmmm. let me spin up a server". Then lets make GD open to Mappers and beta test their maps. Cool new MAPS but it is to slow to D/L, so I setup Redirect. Then, hmm people need to talk to their team while playing.... so I spun up a Voice Server. Man, I have a lot on my plate as Admin and I am sorry if you and cheese got kick "ONCE".

So, yes the Paki kick was wrong by today's standards but last night I had to many players on my team telling me you where spawn killing. I am not 100% sure but I think that is how the Paki kick went to (by previous actions reported to me). Which is my job to listen to the players and attempt to try to run some kind of clean server. That means even listening to you and your complaint [against me]. But posting on the forums is not going to get you anything, it is not like I put a ban on you (or cheese). As long as I run the server from my office I will run it the way I think it should be. However, with {GD}Ghost's & {GD}NTKB's input.

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
lode said:
Yesterday, the teams started uneven. He gives an ultimatum that if we don't even up the team he'll "make us". When I got booted, someone else mentioned how he only boots people he doesnt like. Admins should not be this way. If he doesnt like the way I play, why should i care if Im not doing anything wrong. Why me, when countless other people has done the same things.

..... Course when Kicken, whos played 4 hours of 2.9, goes on the server and gets **** talked to him cause of his tag, I have very little hope.

Forgot these two areas of your post.

What does evening the teams have to do with booting you? Also, you left out the part where I (and others on the team) asked "PLEASE, even the teams". If I see teams unbalanced I will balance them. Hell, I want to play the game, not spend the time freaking typing in balance commands (or admin kicking as a matter of fact).

Lastly, your new member should not have gotton trash talk - period. Not even you (or any other player) should get trash talk - ever. I am not sure what I can do about it since I was not there but if I see it I will kick for it and possiable ban for it too. Spawn killing and TK'ing is one thing but talking down to someone is a whole different rub with me.

Anycase, my address is on the server information page when you join in. Perhaps you could use it next time there is an issue (like with Kicken).

Last edited:

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
I have played frequently with a lot of the regulars on the GD server. I also use TS with them. 99.9% of the time, I just play to be a smarta$$, have fun, and mess around.

On occasion, I do get frustrated, and I bitch and whine like the next guy. Mostly, because...........I suck. When you move out of spawn and die, it's frustrating. Of course, I'm not smart enough to try another avenue when I respawn, I'm way to proud for that. I go right back to the same spot and die again. I have really vascillated back and forth on this exit/spawnkilling crap for awhile. I have learned that when I start taking it that seriously and get angry, it's time to get off the server.

Now I don't know what happened the other night, but I can tell you just from hanging on the server and especially using TS, that I don't believe there is anyone that either plays on that server as a regular, nor ANY GD member, that has ANYTHING against ANY particular clan, including nMp.

Personally, I enjoy tremendously playing with former 'nilla players. Interesting, and fun.

As long as you don't fire directly into a spawn, or drop nades on a spawn, I don't care what you do. However, I look at it this way: This game to me, is not about "winning at all costs" as it is to some. It's about being able to either attack or defend an objective, and try to move and coordinate as a team. Frankly for me, you won't generally find me "exitkilling" or whatever the hell you want to call it. To me, and probably me alone, defending is defending, not rushing to an exit. That's just me.

As far as Odie goes, sorry you feel that way. In my opinion, he's busted his hump to get a great server up and running, keeping up with new maps and changes, and even getting the TS server up. He's always been fun, fair, and willing to help anybody, as far as I've seen. And yeah, if he gets complaints about someone spawnkilling, he'll take action. I've no problem with that. I hafta agree with him about trash talking. There's no reason for that. If people are doing that, they need to grow up.

However, I do agree with Geogob. Before you jumped to a conclusion, or brought something into a forum such as this, you probably should have just sent Odie an email or PM first. I'm sure he would have resolved it as maturely and respectfully as he did here.

Shan, you don't have some of those problems also because you are running RTS. I remember the camping complaints when I first started playing. A lot of those come from people who like to keep moving and engage. In some senses I understand their point, especially in TDM (no objective). In EAS, camping when defending is a MUST, as far as I'm concerned. Not only should you expect hostile fire leaving your spawn, but the closer you get to that objective, you better expect action.

NT, sorry to hear that you've been bowing out lately, wondered where you've been. Hate to say it dude, but the things you mentioned are drawbacks of running a popular server. Work it out. Besides, listening to cracwhore scream and complain over TS about how him getting killed was "BS" pales in comparison to your lovely tantrums. :lol: Come back NT, come back!!! :lol:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I would like to add that *any* [nMp] is welcome to GD Server. What happens in one game match should not have anything to do with the next game match. I hope [nMp] feels the same.

I would even like to see a match between [nMp] and {GD} if at all possible. In the hopes of bringing our two clans together. We Inf players are to few to falling into a bunch of hate mongers. ;)

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Warning: This is a book.

Ok, I've had my share of "unfair treatment" from admins. Believe me. I don't want to debate about it, it's all the past, but I can see your point. "Exit killing" is pretty gay. If you do it when the CD guy is behind you, and all you can really do is "hold back the horde", then that's understandable. But to just sit there and do it all round just because you know it's impossible for them to get out = stupid. I've "exit killed" on refinery while the CD was being extracted and there were only 2.5 of us left. As soon as somebody came out of the barrels, I shot. I could've been a dick, lobbed a nade and killed them all INSIDE of the spawn area. But instead, I gave them a sporting chance to nade me. As for P.G. (however you spell that map), "exit killing" on that cliff is pretty gayed up, but fair. The problem I have is when nades and bullets fly into the spawn there. Sure, there are ways around it, but there have been times when I launched, literally, 30 HEDP nades at NTKB and he didn't die. Sure, most of them were blindly launched at him from behind the rock, but it is really hard to kill somebody back there.

I remember getting killed in my spawn at least once by you lode, and it was kinda lame. Maybe it was an accident, maybe you had to pass by there. I dunno. But don't go off and proclaim ODIE is a ****ty admin. ODIE is probably the nicest admin I've met, period. He helps people out with everything step-by-step, provides all of these organized services. The GD server is without a doubt the best server I've ever played on. He's a fair admin and you just have to tell him what happened personally. I've gotten spawn-camped before and said "Odie, this guy is spawn-camping us." And he'll say, "Can anybody else back that?" He makes sure it's not just one or two people trying to get somebody kicked. He's a fair guy. Give him a break.

As for 2.86 vanilla hatred? That's just dumb. NTKB, being the bi-polar dickhead that he is ;) told me "go back to MUF" the first time I came on. After that, we all got along just fine. Especially with TS now. There is no "Rav2 Vs. 2.86" hatred. None. There's a "me vs. 2.86" hatred from all of the CS clans that played and did nothing but hop around. There's a hatred for lame tactics like "jumping/hillbugging/exit killing". But none of the GD guys hate you because of what game you came from, especially not ODIE. Before I played on the GD server, I almost gave up on 2.9 due to the lack of orginization/collection of top-notch players. Now, I'm on a server with at least 10 guys that are as good as me, or better (except for duke, who can somehow shoot through the mountain on Cuban Dawn :mad: ). Most players are 100% professional. Except for me, I have a potty mouth. If you don't like it, fine. Shan's TDM server is always up. But give ODIE a break. He does a damn good job for one guy, and the server is filled with awesome players almost every night of the week. Exit killing is dumb and people will always say it's "spawn killing". Personally, I try as much as I can not to do it. It's a "last resort" tactic, unless you're NTKB, then it's all the game is :lol: . We all have different playing styles, so instead of blaming the admin, blame a player that said you were. If somebody calls you "spawncamper" in game, and you shot them way outside of their spawn, say "STFU idiot, I shot you @*location*. Or say, "it was exit killing, but I'll back away". Both work. You have to realize that if you do nothing but exit kill, you will not be liked on the server. That's just asking for it. It may not be "illegal", but you won't be winning any popularity contests. And finally, even if the admin is a dickhead, never tell him what you think about him, heh. Learned that the hard way.

Let's just all put this BS to rest and play as fairly as we can. :)

[nMp]Cheese

Feb 24, 2004
I think we have a misunderstanding here.

When lode was booted on Saturday, it was not on refinery it was on island. I was already dead so I was watching his screen. He was jogging through the top left side next to the spawn area, when two enemies came out (one from the spawn, one from outside). Totally unprepared, he sprayed a clip in their direction and strafed behind a rock killing the guy that ran out of the spawn. He then naded (outside the spawn) the other guy and immediately left, proceeding toward the objective. Whoever told you what happened didn’t give you accurate information.

This is why we are so upset. Exit killing happens all the time on the servers even by GD people and we (as far as I know) are the only ones who get booted.

This has giving us a bad reputation and unfortunately has passed to other members of our clan. I hate the fact that I’m giving my clan a bad reputation especially since I’m the newest member.

I’m convinced that most people on the server don’t like us because of these bootings. We don’t use teamspeak, make any maps, post in these forums, and are not ra players. Nobody knows us so nobody knows where we are coming from.

Lode used some harsh words I don’t think he meant but we are frustrated by these series of events. It seems like it’s us vs. everyone else and as of now there is no other viable U.S. eas server that we can switch to.

I appreciate your work on the server and think you have done a good job in setting it up but I feel that you have unfairly singled lode and I out as spawn campers.

I guess its not that important since we're still allowed to play on your server, but at least for me I cant stand the feeling that most people on the server think that I (and lode) play unfairly.

I may not post a lot but i like to read other clans forums to see whats going on. For example: "Games were fun today. Minus YipYip the bunnyhopper and nMp (the Super Mario twins). Ahhh, sometimes, I wish most 2.86 people would fall off of the earth." Anyone want to make a guess of who said this? (funny nickname though)

Actually after rereading cracwhores post, he says it's only him vs. 2.86 players, but isnt that proof that some players still resent vanilla players?

I agree a match would be fun, but right now I don't think we have enough active players. I'm sure we'll meet in the ilcr either way.

(cracwhore's post by the way)

Last edited:

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Pbbbbbt. Look, to be honest, in my small circle of players, I heard/thought cracwhore was a real a$$munch. I kept an open mind, and played several times with him and even though I am "teh suck", "teh wraungwei", he and I worked pretty well together and he helped me a lot. Since I've downloaded and installed TeamSpeak, my respect for him as well as others has done nothing but improve. I thought NTKB was a total peen-a$$, especially playing against his cocky self until I had a couple of PM's with him about some other stuff.

(And for real, you guys should download TS, if only to listen......the hilarity alone makes it worthwhile.)

Believe me, we all bitch. We all post stupid, inane things about others in our own forums. I've done it and seen it. I don't believe I'd take too much offense to that. Hell, you wanna be offended, go to OT and let Jaunty take a couple of jabs at ya. :lol:

As far as getting kicked, I don't know. Odie said his piece and explained it pretty well. I honestly do NOT believe that anyone has a grudge against your clan. I'd like to see you guys come back and play, so long as you promise not to shoot me. :D If people really truly had something against you guys, they wouldn't bend over backwards here to explain that they don't.

So keep playing, it ain't my server, and I get my a$$ handed to me every time I'm on it, but I come back for more punishment and more tonguelashings from cw and nt. :lol:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Spawnkilling on Island is a tricky issue. There's no way for attackers to get over the west side of the island without clearing out anyone sniping that door from their spawn, so I'd say it's a valid tactic to shoot into their spawn. Besides, there is another exit...

I just wish people would use smoke more. No complaints of spawnkilling, and gives you decent cover to move up.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
If there is a problem with the the goings on, on the GD server, get ahold of the admins of the GD server via the emails provided. Those listed are the only ones with any real "say" in what goes on in the GD server. We do our best to be fair while sticking to the standards that GD has set up for its own players. (After all, this is the server that Odie has set up for {GD}, then for the public). There is no need to come here and show your ass, trash talk, bitch, whine or moan about a situation that no one can resolve except the admins. Admins will always get **** at one time or another because of how they choose to run their server. Whether you like it or not, it is there perogative to do so. If you don't like it, you will have to go elsewhere. I'm not being an ass, that is just the fact of the matter, pure and simple.

If a server admin asks you not to do something, then I don't care if you don't think its fair, you should damn well respect the fact that it is their server and respect their wishes if you wish to continue to play there. Asking you to stay away from spawns is not what I'd consider an unfair request. I know servers that will boot you for cussing in the chat box. If Odie asks you to stay the hell away from spawns, then it is not anyone's place to launch into a debate about it. (This is probably partly what got you kicked) If Odie asks one player to stay away from the spawns, that applies to all players on the GD server, including {GD} members.

We also ALL need to realize that this is a server that is run very well and is open to the community free of charge by Odie3. This takes alot of time and work. If there are a few guidelines for playing there that you do not agree with, then it is up to you to either suck it the **** up or get the **** out and play elsewhere. No adminn can make everyone happy nor should they try. The only thing an admin can do is to do their best to be fair and reasonable and I think Odie has done a good job of that. I will do my best as well. I will never kick or not kick based on personal likes or dislikes. If I see or get sufficient complaints of a GD violating the rules of engagements as set down by the master server admin (Odie3), they will be booted just as quickly as if any other player does so. You can contact me personally if you don't think I'll carry through with this. If you choose to argue with an admin on a judgement in a disrespectful manner, you run the risk of being kicked, period. At the same time, an admin needs to make sound judgements and if an admin makes an error in judgement, it would be less than honorable to admit it. However, admins are only human and will make mistakes. Discuss it with them in a mature and reasonable manner and you may actually have a better chance of things going in your favor.

Lastly, I will say this: Odie3 is the master admin of the GD server, not myself and not NTKB, though we all carry admin status. Odie's preferences are what should carry the most weight with how the server is run. He is open to suggestions, but that doesn't mean he is required to take all suggestions. Odie puts alot of "hands on" time in with the {GD} server and has even gotten in trouble at work for his dedication to bringing you a smoothly run and constantly updated server to play on. If anyone does not like how the {GD} server is run, they are free to go elsewhere to play. Though, if you can put up with the short list of guidelines and requests of the server, you are more than welcome to play.....even if you do come from "Vanilla" INF. Just show some respect and I we will do our best to make sure that all players are treated fairly. You have my word on that.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
[nMp]Cheese said:
I think we have a misunderstanding here.

When lode was booted on Saturday, it was not on refinery it was on island. I was already dead so I was watching his screen. He was jogging through the top left side next to the spawn area, when two enemies came out (one from the spawn, one from outside). Totally unprepared, he sprayed a clip in their direction and strafed behind a rock killing the guy that ran out of the spawn. He then naded (outside the spawn) the other guy and immediately left, proceeding toward the objective. Whoever told you what happened didn’t give you accurate information.

Now I do recall someone in the Attacker Spawn on Island that night. I mean right out the door of the Attackers building! I am not sure if I kicked for that (might very well be). The funny thing is I do not even really remember kicking lode, but I do remember having to kick someone. I only really remember kicking Cheese on paki because it was my first ever kick as Admin :lol: and you trying to argue the kick - which is not wise. ;)

I perfer that we drop this and you guys get on TS (if you want) and on GD to play. If you run into trouble by getting trash talk let me know. Next time I see you on GD (which I hope is soon) I'll say Hi and all that lovey dovey stuff ;)

Jan 6, 2004
Thanks for responding to this is in a mature manner GD, I know the nMp guys who play regularly or semi-regularly take major offense to being labeled cheaters, since we all love Inf. I'm not going to attempt to speak for Lode or Cheese, I can only speak from what I've seen when I've played with them. At least when I was there, the problem was players falsely labeling actions done by Cheese and Lode as "spawn camping," which of course ruins the game. Some players have knee-jerk reactions when they get killed near a spawn, which leads to cat-calls of "spawn camper," even if it's completely false. Unfortunately, Odie kicked Lode and Cheese a couple of instances due to this. Now that this issue has been more thoroughly explained, I don't think nMp guys have any gripe with Odie or anyone from GD about what has happened.

I believe the point of Lode posting the original message on this forum was partly an effort to explain the nMp side of the issue to "everyone" because the last few times I was on the server, it definitely appeared like "everyone" thought nMp was a bunch of cheating, spawn-camping, shotgun-sniping bunnyhoppers. Hopefully we've convinced people otherwise. We enjoy this game way too much and most of us have played for a couple years at least, so we know proper INF etiquette. So as an open plea to those who play online, think about the situation more closely before you go running off at the mouth that someone was spawn camping you.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
After reading everyones replys and rereading my original post I must admit I worded it wrong. I was trying to sound diplomatic but instead came off like an ass to the people I hold dear.

Ill be the first to say this. Odie may have misjudged the situation, but he has got to be the most level headed calmest person in the clan. Even more level headed than Ghost (sorry bub) which I never thought possible for anyone. Both of these men rank high in wisdom (18 if your into D@D).

I am the operational commander in Ghost Dogs. How I attained this position was not through wisdom or even intelligence, it was through loyalty and dedication. So sure, im gonna post wrong and mistype what I mean. Sad part is as a leader it hurts more to certain people than if I was a mere peon. ;) I apologize publically out of my own free will to Odie, and to Ghost and every other Ghost Dog I may have offended with my mistyped post.

What i meant about "straightening things out on wednsday was to get the rules regarding exitkilling black and white. This means going over almost every map that this needs to be done for. This way in the future we wont have this misunderstanding.

I know im a dick, and an ass, but for those bad traits I have equally strong good virtues. I am a loyal person, passionate about what I love, and a very good friend to those who need it. I think everyone has there drawbacks and benefits of there personalitys. Unfortunately as humans we tend to see only the drawbacks. I implore everyone to get Teamspeak. This will humanize the people we play with and let us get to know there benefits. I always though cracwhore was an annoying ass also until i heard him on TS, and I laughed my ass off listening to his jokes. So nMp guys I implore you to get teamspeak so at least if you are having a problem or being accused of something your not doing then you can debate it in real time voice, which will allow you to express yourselves in a more productive manner.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
RapmasterAC said:
Thanks for responding to this is in a mature manner GD, I know the nMp guys who play regularly or semi-regularly take major offense to being labeled cheaters, since we all love Inf. I'm not going to attempt to speak for Lode or Cheese, I can only speak from what I've seen when I've played with them. At least when I was there, the problem was players falsely labeling actions done by Cheese and Lode as "spawn camping," which of course ruins the game. Some players have knee-jerk reactions when they get killed near a spawn, which leads to cat-calls of "spawn camper," even if it's completely false. Unfortunately, Odie kicked Lode and Cheese a couple of instances due to this. Now that this issue has been more thoroughly explained, I don't think nMp guys have any gripe with Odie or anyone from GD about what has happened.

I believe the point of Lode posting the original message on this forum was partly an effort to explain the nMp side of the issue to "everyone" because the last few times I was on the server, it definitely appeared like "everyone" thought nMp was a bunch of cheating, spawn-camping, shotgun-sniping bunnyhoppers. Hopefully we've convinced people otherwise. We enjoy this game way too much and most of us have played for a couple years at least, so we know proper INF etiquette. So as an open plea to those who play online, think about the situation more closely before you go running off at the mouth that someone was spawn camping you.

Thank you for your post RapmasterAC. It is good that this thread did not go south, if you know what I mean. I try really hard to keep a level head (sometimes I am even able to do it). I have also posted on you fourm and hope you did not mind my thread.

PS To NTKB:
Thank you for your post too. ;)