[WIP] Tyrant (a Gen Mo'Kai like a tyrannosaur)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
Originally Posted by Starry Might
I checked out Tyrant the other night...has anybody else noticed that he's got a low voice?
I used the voice which raised the pitch of "Merc female voice" for "Calamity", before.
This time, I used the voice which lowered the pitch of "Alien male voice" for "Tyrant". ;)

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Hide said:
I used the voice which raised the pitch of "Merc female voice" for "Calamity", before.
This time, I used the voice which lowered the pitch of "Alien male voice" for "Tyrant". ;)
I like how you do that, Hide. It's like what Epic did with the Robot voice to give the female robots feminine voices in "UT 2004" - except you did them one better by pitch-shifting the pain and death sounds, too. :lol::tup:

You should tell us all how you did that. :D

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
Thank you Buffy. Nice screen-shots. :)

Starry Might,
Cries and sound effects(footsteps, jump, etc.) are in the "SoundGroup".
(Not in the voice-pack.)
This can not be changed by specification like in "upl" file.
If you want to change the "SoundGroup", you must make a custom species.

However, if you want to change the "SoundGroup" of all "female robots" in game, it may be able to realize by making a simple "Mutator". :)

Last edited:

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Hide said:
Thank you Buffy. Nice screen-shots. :)

Starry Might,
Cries and sound effects(footsteps, jump, etc.) are in the "SoundGroup".
(Not in the voice-pack.)
This can not be changed by specification like in "upl" file.
If you want to change the "SoundGroup", you must make a custom species.

However, if you want to change the "SoundGroup" of all "female robots" in game, it may be able to realize by making a simple "Mutator". :)
I wasn't really asking for a way to make the female robots' pain and death sounds match their talking, but if it IS possible with a Mutator...that would be neat. :)

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
Starry Might,

I made it. :)

If you activate this mutator, all of the female robots (which species is "xGame.SPECIES_Bot" and which sound group is "xGame.xBotSoundGroup") are replaced with new sound group.

Attachments

• MutFemaleRobotSoundGroup.ZIP
    251.4 KB · Views: 10

MacTom27

ME2 Lover
Nov 5, 2005
Milky way
Hide said:
Starry Might,

I made it. :)

If you activate this mutator, all of the female robots (which species is "xGame.SPECIES_Bot" and which sound group is "xGame.xBotSoundGroup") are replaced with new sound group.

Waou :) Thanx a lot Hide.
Starry is not the only one to want female bots with different pain sounds.

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Hide, could you take a screen shot of Tyrant and post it here/PM me with it.
I need a headshot of him directly stareing straight at us. This will serve me a great deal as I need to see how Tyrannosaurs heads look from the front for a drawing I'm trying. I'd PM you but you've disabled it. Please, you've no idea how much this could help.

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
Random Elite,
Shoot here.
However, if you use species statistics, you will not be able to frag "Tyrant" by 1 "HeadShot".
Because, "Tyrant"'s deffence is very strong.

70(LightningGun damage) x 2(HeadShot) x 0.5(Tyrant's damage scaling) = 70

"HeadShot" is not announced if it will not die even if you shot the head then.

MacTom27, Starry Might,
Warning of that mutator had been written in ut2004.log.
I fixed it.
Please use this one.

Attachments

• Tyrant13.JPG
    Tyrant13.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 41
  • MutFemaleRobotSoundGroup.ZIP
    251.4 KB · Views: 10

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
Ah... I seem to be too much playing with "ut". :lol:

Someone had asked me where to shoot the small "Calamity" to "HeadShot", before. :lol:

However, his face is like a "daspletosaurus"(old name:"tyrannosaurus-torosus") rather than "tyrannosaurus-rex".

Attachments

• Tyrant14.JPG
    Tyrant14.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 43

Random Elite

Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Thanks Hide, yes thats a great shot, I'll mix a bit of velociraptor in there aswell (to empisise the eyes) Go here to see what I mean (look at the raptor head on the far right, staring straight at you.

EDIT: Although the picture wasn't a complete success, it may well help if I ever model him, and was my 1st attemped at this angle. Gave me an exuse to redisgn his cybernetic parts anyway, and his chest area in total come to think of it.

All in all, it was better drawing it average, than not at all. Thanks again Hide.

Last edited:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
I seriously don't get the bio. It says he's a Gen Mo'kai, but he looks nowhere near it. What kind of Gen Mo'kai has a tyrannosaur's head (and is green, for that matter)?

EDIT: Oh, and I wish you didn't max out the stats. :(

Last edited:

Random Elite

Jul 9, 2005
Earth
He modified his body, like FireDrake is really an artifical body with a human brain, this is an artifical body with a GMK brain.

MadCat

Prehistoric Power
Hi. I think this topic is still open. But however, Hide's creation is already done.
Anyway, It's a great creation here. I use him all the time very carefull
And I don't use him as enemy-bot, that would be a shame.
His mutator is masterfull too.
How about a raptor-like creature next time :D

Question. Is it okay that I use a few of my screenshots as avater and banner?
Cause it's not my creation, it's would be dump if people think I made it because of my banner stuff.
And I rather don't want problems with Hide, you know :D
I'm new here so I don't know each rule to good ;)