[WIP] Tyrant (a Gen Mo'Kai like a tyrannosaur)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
LeGeNDaRy,
"Tyrant" is my first skin which has "FallbackMaterial"s.
If color of shields is black, whole of the "face skin" is turned to "green bubble" usually.
This condition means "FinalBlend can not work" and "Shader can not work" for face skin. So, plain texture is used for face skin.

Do you want light version?
(Shields may not be able to be made transparent, though.) :(

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Random Elite said:
Ok, for some reason Tyrant (fullsheilds) picks up armour, but dosen't apply it on himself. BTW It's only the full sheilds model I've tested, with Spec. Stats on.

Hide could you answer my question please from previous page.

LeGeNDaRy

Bleed Black
Apr 28, 2005
day-graveyard.com
Hide said:
LeGeNDaRy,
"Tyrant" is my first skin which has "FallbackMaterial"s.
If color of shields is black, whole of the "face skin" is turned to "green bubble" usually.
This condition means "FinalBlend can not work" and "Shader can not work" for face skin. So, plain texture is used for face skin.

Do you want light version?
(Shields may not be able to be made transparent, though.) :(

Face actually looks good, here look .. :

http://www.hqnfiles.com/ss/HQN_Tyrant.JPG

http://www.hqnfiles.com/ss/HQN_tyrant2.JPG

http://www.hqnfiles.com/ss/HQN_tyrant3.JPG

http://www.hqnfiles.com/ss/HQN_tyrant4.JPG

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
Thank you very much, Random Elite!! :2thumb:

I found a problem in custom species code.

I will send the fixed version soon! :)

EDIT: I sent it to SaD.

Last edited:

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
LeGeNDaRy,
Sorry for bad explanation.

The shields are displayed black, because your video card can not process the face skin correctly. :(

If Tyrant's skin does not have "FallbackMaterial", whole of the face skin is displayed "green bubble".

However, this skin has "FallbackMaterial"s.
If video card failed to process "FinalBlend" and "Shader", the plain texture of face skin(it has no team color and shield is black) is used instead of "FinalBlend" and "Shader".

After all, this is a problem of the video card, though. :(

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Awesome, Hide. Glad to see you catered for everyone with the three versions. My fav's the shielded one. Takes a bit of getting used to him jumping around so fast so I need a few decent bots on my team :2thumb: :D

Random Elite

Jul 9, 2005
Earth
It seems any bots on the Cover Me command get a slight speed boost when I'm Tyrant using Spec Stats (and nothing interupts the Spec. Stats eg. Regen, Quad Jump, Arkon Sheilds etc.)

Extra fast Miko and Raptor :p

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
Originally Posted by klasnic
Takes a bit of getting used to him jumping around so fast so I need a few decent bots on my team
:2thumb: Yes, Tyrant is very strong.
However, I'm fighting against "Tyrant + TrueKouRyuuC" team.
It will be sufficient about the strong rivals for a while. :lol:

Random Elite

Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Hmm, that gives me an idea...Hide, how about KouRyuu v2.0 for your next model?
Custom Stats: Heavy defense, high jump+low grav to simulate jump jets, decent top speed (although nothing compared to Tyrant)
Skins: Chrome, Black, Camo, Desert, Artic.

Or perhaps 1 large version for defense, 1 lighter one for flight , and a slim, female-ish speed variant.