[WIP] FireDrake

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MOS-6581

C64 Lives
Apr 25, 2005
Looks nice so far but the head really needs some more love and
its to small in my opinion, ohh yeah i could do a Shiron Skin for
him ^^

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
Thank you, eveybody.

Little update.

Originally Posted by CheapAlert
Anyway the head needs some serious definiton, it looks like it was hit by a car and deflated by a pump!
:lol: Sure. You are right.
His face was made like "crocodile with horns". So, his head is flat. However, it was too flat (especially upper jaw).
I pumped up upper part of the head, and modified the lower jaw so that it might be visible clearly.

Originally Posted by KirinRiotCrash
That aside, I like the model right now. I don't suppose there's some kind of fire-like shader effect that's going to be applied in-game?
I'm going to add another lava texture between rocks, and animate it. :)

Originally Posted by KirinRiotCrash
Then I don't suppose you're a Laruku fan (based on your nick), are you? ;)
"Hide" does not originate in Laruku. This is a part of my name "Hideaki". :lol:
"Hide..." is commonplace name, like "Hideki Matsui" N.Y.Yankees.

Attachments

• FireDrake3.JPG
    FireDrake3.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 58

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
He looks better now, but that horn on his nose is a bit exaggerated. I would make that a bit smaller. And the rest of the head a bit larger. He has a giant torso/arms/legs compared to his head.

Can't wait to see what you can do with those shaders on this model. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
the_rex said:
He looks better now, but that horn on his nose is a bit exaggerated.

Bha , compared to some model i saw on skicity , i guess the horn are ok , i mean... It's evil , and at least , the horn are not geting out of the model collision radius like this:

pic2_id417.jpg

They are not horn , but they overpass the model collision :)
I liked that model too :)

Last edited:

LeGeNDaRy

Bleed Black
Apr 28, 2005
day-graveyard.com
Kantham said:
Bha , compared to some model i saw on skicity , i guess the horn are ok , i mean... It's evil , and at least , the horn are not geting out of the model collision radius like this:

pic2_id417.jpg

They are not horn , but they overpass the model collision :)
I liked that model too :)

I used that model for a while, it's awesome.
I D/L'ed the black version of it, but it didn't work.

Aug 2, 2004
I've d/led the camo and the black skins for kouryuu and have thouroughly enjoyed it. The dragon does look better but I like the large horns though making the head a tad bigger couldn't hurt.

Lei Hng Wei

The magnificent!
Jun 26, 2004
Is it just me or does the pointy bits along the sides give it a wolf-like appearance? :confused:

Crimson Sigil

Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
the_rex said:
He looks better now, but that horn on his nose is a bit exaggerated. I would make that a bit smaller. And the rest of the head a bit larger. He has a giant torso/arms/legs compared to his head.

Can't wait to see what you can do with those shaders on this model. :)

To tell you the truth, I like the size of the head now. Making the head smaller in proportion to the rest of the body is a good way of making the body seem larger and more massive. That's why American comics characters are traditionally drawn eight heads high rather than the more realistic six, in order to make them appear more 'heroic'. :)

Phantasma

The Phantom Sniper
Jul 1, 2004
It looks like a winged wolf with a horn for a nose....that doesn't bother me but the size of the horn should be reduced a bit. An I agree with the last poster about the head thing.

P.S. is dying to see this lava texture effect.

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
It seems like an illusion by perspective that the head is shown too small. :D
The former screen shot was looked up at from a bottom, however, this one is looked down from a top.

Probably, it will look as a wolf, since the flow of lava remind a fur.
So I added more horns to back of the head.
(But, to me, his face seems to become like another thing...)

Attachments

• FireDrake4.JPG
    FireDrake4.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 34
  • FireDrake5.JPG
    FireDrake5.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Kirin[SC]

恐いハチミツボイ
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville NC
www.saphiria.net
Looks like it's coming out a little better, Hide. I like how the head is forming up. Nice job.

On a side note, since Hide is sort for your full name, I guess I should start pronouncing your name as hee-deh (ヒデ) instead of hide (ハイド). Does that make sense? -_^

Last edited by a moderator:

-Tj-

Nov 30, 2004
My guess is both, since "Hide... in somewhere" appears in his forum name, and as per the quote below:

This is a part of my name "Hideaki".

Always thought "Hide... in somewhere" was rather clever. Wish I could do something like that with my name :p

Rolling Eye

Nov 20, 2004
I know CheapAlert already suggested it, but maybe some more volume in the top jaw would make it look less wolf-like and flat.

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
Thank you, everybody. :)
WIP.

Kirin, the pronunciation of original of "Hide" is not "ハイド" but "ヒデ" as you say it. :D However, "ハイド" is right, as well.

Attachments

• FireDrake6.JPG
    FireDrake6.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 35