WinME UT Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

0bside0

Transmogriphying...
Jul 20, 2000
Seattle, WA
www.klondike5.us
What's up all?!

Been away for quite a bit.

Hey Peregrine! yup... I'm dual booting ME and XP beta 2 now...
XPs still got some glitches for me but overall "ROX" it does indeed.

I love it. There's alot of eye candy that I don't care for but you can turn pretty much all of that stuff off.

And the best part?!?!?! TWO WORDS:

COMPATIBILITY MODE!!!

Oh, damn it works nice. All will understand in time.

Cheers all,

~A~

ScoobyDoo{SS}

Jan 21, 2001
Visit site
I had similar problems, and I had and still have WinME. If you search on my postings I had some really good suggestions and I have had excellent results. WinME has a software thing called Adaptec GoBack. Disable this right away! GoBack uses alot of resources constantly. Then see about downloading RAMIdle is what I use, and it helps to redistribute resources. I then tweaked my NVidia GeForce 2MX from 3dtweak site, and it's running great now. Cheers and Good Luck
;)

GerbilJammer

Resident NOOb :D
Jan 25, 2001
Louisiana
the funny thing is....
you defend ME.. heh i have win 98 with almost everything ME has to offer, excpet the restore garbage... and as much as for 98 Se not being stable... where the hell did you come from? have a nice day :) cannot wait for XP though :)

Mr. Blonde

The Master Of Puppets
Dec 7, 2000
Somewhere
somethingwith.nl
windows ME hugh !!!! it is the most stable OS i ever had... so go away with your judgments of windows ME is the most unstable os ever hear (or what ever you guyz allsaid)
ME runs even better here with 98 SE... the max FPS in 98 = 30 FPS in ME = 60 FPS!!! hmmz that is strange... WOW that strange.... :eek:

GerbilJammer

Resident NOOb :D
Jan 25, 2001
Louisiana
before you open your mouth.... please insert foot... the OS does not depend you FPS HEH! it is dependant on your vid card, direct x, drivers, etc....... and btw i didnt say ME was the most unstable OS ever... all i said was i have 98 SE and everythuing ME has to offer - bugs, probs, etc..... and btw i have used ME and technically speaking.... it saks :)

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Amiga OS was the most stable operating system I ever owned. More stable than Mac OS, which is much more stable than any MS OS except NT and DOS 6.02. (maybe OS/2, never tried it). Amiga could do stuff with 512 K that PC needed 8 megs for same thing.

Mr. Blonde

The Master Of Puppets
Dec 7, 2000
Somewhere
somethingwith.nl
Originally posted by GerbilJammer
before you open your mouth.... please insert foot... the OS does not depend you FPS HEH! it is dependant on your vid card, direct x, drivers, etc....... and btw i didnt say ME was the most unstable OS ever... all i said was i have 98 SE and everythuing ME has to offer - bugs, probs, etc..... and btw i have used ME and technically speaking.... it saks :)

i beleave the unreal tournament is more stressful for the CPU then the video card... so :r on your statement :p

ScoobyDoo{SS}

Jan 21, 2001
Visit site

Wow, where in there was I defending WinME. I just said I still have it, just cuz' it came preinstalled on my new computer. My UT runs great, and I do alot of video editing, and photo shop 5.5/6.0 work. It runs fine for my purposes. I really don't care so long as it does what I want. If it stops doing that then I'll get something else. I didn't even imply I was defending it. Sheesh....some people need to lay off the caffeine late at night so they can get their sleep. How did the suggestions work for you anyway?