Wii U announced.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Nintendo's new system, Wii U, was just revealed at their conference earlier today. Joke about the name all you want, but it's getting Darksiders II, Batman: Arkham City (which means Nintendo is finally getting UE3), Assassin's Creed, Metro: Last Light, and Battlefield 3, among others. Not only that, but it's an HD console as well, Nintendo's first.

Nintendo finally created a console that clicks with both the casual and hardcore crowd. :D

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY&feature=player_embedded[/m]

Just glad they didn't call it Wii Ni (2)

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Nintendo's new system, Wii U, was just revealed at their conference earlier today. Joke about the name all you want, but it's getting Darksiders II, Batman: Arkham City (which means Nintendo is finally getting UE3), Assassin's Creed, Metro: Last Light, and Battlefield 3, among others. Not only that, but it's an HD console as well, Nintendo's first.

Nintendo finally created a console that clicks with both the casual and hardcore crowd. :D

Yeah, it will get these games a year after they come out. Yay? Nothing says hardcore like last season's games.

I'm glad they finally have a system that competes with 5yo hardware, but we'll see if it's actually worth my time or money.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Wii U?

Ok Wii made sense when it was first announced. Wii stick together and all that jazz. So will this be Will U wii with us?

Yeah I made a pee joke.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK

Aliens Colonial Marines was also mentioned along side it which is also a UE3 title.

But certainly looks like this could be rather powerful.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Wii U?

Ok Wii made sense when it was first announced. Wii stick together and all that jazz.

Wii was about "We," now it's about "U," as in you. You the gamer. I probably should've linked to the conference because they explain it perfectly there.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Wii was about "We," now it's about "U," as in you. You the gamer. I probably should've linked to the conference because they explain it perfectly there.

Ok that makes much more sense. Curse them for having the conference so damn early. Still at work for another 2 hours.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
However they explain it Wii is a terrible name and Wii U is a terrible-er name.

Goddammit I could name my PC NuggetButt (not sure why I'd ever want to :lol:) and it'll still do what it's supposed to do. Wii U still plays games, I don't know why you need a cool sounding name to be able to enjoy the console.

EDIT: LOL at the tag. "I'm KillerSkaarj and I graduated from Wii U"

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm not saying you can't enjoy the games and the console if it has a terrible name.

I'm just saying it's a terrible name.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
I'm not saying you can't enjoy the games and the console if it has a terrible name.

I'm just saying it's a terrible name.

Fair enough.

EDIT: And to be fair, yes, it does sound like a little kid trying to imitate an ambulance.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Ohh, ohh, the next one will be all about "We" again and be named Wii U Us