Why we get HIGH

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dano3000

Apr 28, 2000
Hick part of Arizona
Thats the question, why..................................
are we addicted
does it feel good..............
really, why do we like getting high.........................
oh well, i just feel sorry for anybody who hasnt tried weed in their whole intire life...................
but how did it all begin, did we start smoking cause we were bored, because we were depressed or lonely
well, i can tell you why i started, cause i was goin to build a bomb and shove it up my principals arse (or poosy)
so i started smoking and it calmed me down and made me lose about 26 pounds so now im skinny as **** but who cares, it feels good....................

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
it's escapism in it's purest form. Unfortunately the side effect of this form of escapism is that it leads to more need for the very same escapism because people have a tendency to organise their lifes around this drug which usyually leads to a worse overal life standard.

Reminds me of a experiment with rats and endorfine, The end result of giving rats endorfines for a certain action was that they'd eventually do just that thing forgoing all other actins such as hygiene, reprocreation and even feeding. The same happens to humans to a lesser extent.

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
Fur, that was very well said. I uphold the whole 'escapism bad' thing. Although I have smoked up, I chain smoke sometimes and Drink a little when I get the chance to (never to get drunk though). Weed I find is good on certain occasion, but isn't something I'd ever start doing all that often (I dont have that kind of money, plus i've got better things to do with my time). It's the same deal with cigarettes, I either bum one off someone or have someone buy me a pack of Dajarm Blacks or Specials (I don't generally have that kind of money either).

And Lamp, don't feel sorry, some people just don't swing that way or they just don't need it (something else blows their hair back). I have a great deal of respect for my friends who are Sraightedge (not about the sex part though, heh). They actually deal directly with they're problems.. for the most part.

I dunno, I really don't think anyone can tell anyone what to think on this type of thing. Just formulate a personal opinion and stick to that while still respecting those of others.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
*looks around for DankBudz*

Something isn't right here....

Anyway, my thoughts on weed, weed legislation, and the nazis.

First of all, jsut because they told you it was bad in school, doens't mean it is.

FACT: Weed is nowhere near as harmful as tobacco

MYTH: Weed leads people to harder drugs. - No, it doesn't, stupid people lead themselves to harder drugs, such as crack or heroin.

As far as all drug legislation goes, well, its jsut plain wrong. If I wanna smoke herb, thats my choice. I dont force anyone else to smoke it, and therefore, no one should be allowed to force me to now smoke it. You'd think its a simple equation, but apparently not. :rolleyes:

Weed is good. Why is it smoked? Euphoria... probably... its interesting how different an everyday experience can be when one is truly high.

Its like an acid trip, but with less risk. That, and the fact that its a good "social drug". Whereas tobacco and alcohol have been bringing people together, I doubt you'll ever find a better group of friends than a bunch of guys sharing a bong.

Weed is good, governments are stupid for criminalising it, if the stupid nazis had even half a brain between them, they'd be legalising it, and taxing it even half as much as they do tobacco. Imagine the money they'd make.

MoNDoGuY

Groin grabbingly good!
Apr 5, 2001
CANADA!!!!!
ghost.clanpages.com
Originally posted by jaunty

Weed is good. Why is it smoked? Euphoria... probably... its interesting how different an everyday experience can be when one is truly high.

Its like an acid trip, but with less risk. That, and the fact that its a good "social drug". Whereas tobacco and alcohol have been bringing people together, I doubt you'll ever find a better group of friends than a bunch of guys sharing a bong.

Weed is good, governments are stupid for criminalising it, if the stupid nazis had even half a brain between them, they'd be legalising it, and taxing it even half as much as they do tobacco. Imagine the money they'd make.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

I'm sober for the whole week. On the weekend I like to relax, smoke a joint, and just enjoy it. You see things differently whiles your high. Which is great! But once someone starts smoking everyday it starts to lose it's meaning and just become a habbit. Moderation is KEY! That goes for anything.

Buddy_Pickle

Fffeeerrrtt!!!
Jan 30, 2000
West Jordan Utah
www.myextralife.com
[Master]Punisher Said:

"What's wrong with TRYING weed, using, that's another thing, but there;s nothing wrong with trying, it's natural..."

Its natural? In what sense do you mean natural? Do you mean natural as in a small baby instinctively breast feeding from his mother, or a worker bee naturally preparing the hive for the queen? I am extremely interested in your answer. Its a pretty bold statement to say that trying weed is "natural". Even more interesting to state that "using is another thing." Why would using be less natural than trying?

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
I think he means natural as in "pulled it out of the ground" natural. Like a vegetable is natural.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
There's stuff that you can "pull out of the ground" and it will kill you if you smoke/injest it. Why isn't it "natural" to smoke/injest it? I'm sorry, but the whole arguement that weed is good because it's a natural plant is gei.

Somone already said it, but moderation is the key with everything. Some drugs are just more addictive, ie more easily abused, than others.

Pot is not as habit forming or addictive as a lot of other things (sex, skydiving, cocaine, pain killers), but a lot of people still get "addicted". They need it in their daily routine. And that is kinda sad.

I think addiction of any kind is sad.

Weed may be OK for some people, but I try to steer all my loved ones away from it. I think it's more trouble than it's worth.

/me goes to hide from Dank

sublime

Cynic
Aug 1, 2000
Texas
www.caffeine-addict.org
well...

I still think escapism is the answer here more than anything else. Please note I didn't say the only answer. I asked some fairly stoner friends the question, "If normal life were like what you feel when you are high and smoking bud gave you the feeling of what is now non-highness, would you still smoke?"

Most of them said they probably would. Even though it meant escaping that feeling they currently smoked to get. That's escapism.

Even though it's only tangentially related to the topic at hand here, I found <a href="http://www.viceland.com/issues/v8n3/htdocs/pictures01.php">this link</a> to be very interesting. A photographer gave normal, non drug using people a variety of drugs and photographed them. He has little comments about each as well. Interesting stuff.

Buddy_Pickle

Fffeeerrrtt!!!
Jan 30, 2000
West Jordan Utah
www.myextralife.com
My core problem with any drugs of any controlled classification, is that they keep people from what they ultimately NEED to do, which is face reality head on with a sober mind. I have this very problem with video games. I play them to escape from the realities of my day, be it work or whatever. The human tendency is to run from our problems, big and small. But I really believe that one of life's greatest challenges is to face our fears, foes, and weaknesses, and do it with bravery and resolve.

For me, relying on a substance that provides me with nothing more than temporary escape from realities I must eventually face, or fail trying, is ultimately detrimental to me and everyone around me. (Especially my kids.)

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
The problem with all this stuff (video games, drugs, sex, whatever) is that its hard to say whats controled and whats abused.

And yeah, that link was a trip..

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
(heheh I like the pic of the mescaline guy...)

there;s nothing wrong with trying, it's natural
he means experimentation is natural...

experimentation = fine
escapism/addiction = bad

And yes, all that is natural is not healthy... I bet you could process cocaine in such a way that it was totally organic, but that wouldnt make it good for you...

I personally dont do any substances... but that's my choice I dont disrespect people that choose to for just that reason... I judge people solely by their actions, and I feel the law should as well. Drugs themselves should not be illegal. The crimes people do while they're on them, and to aquire them, is what should be illegal...

[note]I woke up at 2am and I doubt I'm making any sense[/note]