where are the dtas / eas players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Because I still enjoy good games of INF and I enjoy coding I will still work on RT. So during rany days that's one of the thing I will probably do (and we got a lot of those over here).

One thing that has been said, and I think Sentry Studios should take a note of this... the 2.9 release was indeed the best one (actually one of the best games ever made IMO). But it was based on one major gametype that was given with maps that had little to no replayability (with some exceptions like Mostar). That fine... but such a gametype should be comming with a "map release program". First they should have released less maps in the intial release. Then slowly release new official maps (maybe that would have also given the time to test maps more thoroughly and create more dynamic objectives). In general more dynamic game structure would be welcommed for the sake of replayability. Simple things can be done for this. In Irak, you could have had either one of the two CDs to capture... not two. Also don't show its location to attackers, let them find it. Then put a random extaction point... don't show it to defenders... let them find it! Just making people search for objectives gives a whole new perspective to the game.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Also the map release program might improve things, the major multiplayer shooter in player# - CS is at least as repetetive (and has usually a lot less routes) and Millions play it.

I don't know exactly, why INF didn't succeed to win a huge permanent playerbase but most single-reason-explanation can be profen wrong with the propper example.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Wish some talented guys from this community made an Inf for UT2004. A lot of us have bought it already. We could steal all RO's maps in the process ;)
But, i'm not sure if the playerbase would grow then too.

I'll keep checking the servers and play as much as i can.

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
I haven't been playing lately because my computer has decided to take some vacation time ;). It seems that the motherboard has died and, since I have some exams next weekend, it's very unlikely i'll be playing at least in 2 weeks. Of course, as soon as I have the comp up and running i'll check servers.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Rostam said:
...And my issue with DTAS is again the community. People aren't going for the cap, or for defense. They threat it as TDM where one of the 2 sides has a disadvantage because they can't continue with just 1 man left. ...

Well, you came back a little too late I would say, cause it was working much better before you came back (which does of course NOT mean you caused it ;)).

Maybe I am lacking a little better english to explain what happened for me that does make this game loose the fun. But some don't seem to understand me the way mean it. I can just try this: Some of the feeling that INF made unique was lost. I think when really so many vets of the old DTAS players where left I would have less problems. Well anyways, I wish you all fun. The only time I will play is for beta testing new stuff for you.

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Great, i found Jgkdo yesterday with 2 players, and i think "good, with luck i can play a somewhat serious match" but not, one of them had to be a f*cking SPAM nader. With a specialty in flashbang nades. They were his primary weapon, no other. :S

Unnerving, annoying, unrealistic, not funny. And no more ppl enter. I quit after a few maps.

It was just the thing i needed to finally forget the damn game.

Last edited:

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I've started preparations for another Wonderful and Fun Night of Infiltation. Wether it will be EAS or DTAS remains to be seen. We'll aim for a different day than last time though, most likely Sunday. However, things might change.

I'm not organizing the community, just the team and beta team. Servers will be open for all to join of course, including the Teamspeak servers. It's up to you if you want to join or not. There are still quite a few pieces of the puzzle left, but I'll but I'll keep you all updated. I'll ask erehwon to post a small update on the main site as well, once everything is setteled.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Turin, just forget about silly players and bad games. Take a break from inf for now. You'll feel better in a few weeks. Then try again.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
zeep said:
Turin, just forget about silly players and bad games. Take a break from inf for now. You'll feel better in a few weeks. Then try again.

Good way to deal with it I think.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
w00t
Jonny%20Bravo.jpg

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
its funny because dtas games occured since i posted that, and i had great games.
(remember palais dtas with my akmsu+drum)

oh and sorry crowse for that m2hb TK :D , i didnt though you where here, i thought you was inside of the palais!