What's this ****?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by mister_cope
a chapter? now that is weird, seeing as he doesnt write in chapters ;)

*lol* That's right. But I also think the series doesn't get better lately... Some books, say Witches Abroad, Feet of Clay or whatever had a much deeper plot than the recent ones - Someone should tell him (Terry)...

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
Mmm. i kinda liked most of the books, without exception, but i feel that with the truth and the fifth elephant he is trying to do something new...
not necessarily for the better unfortunealty...

(and im sure he has had hundreds of andgry/worried letters etc already ;)

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Ulukai
I'm not convinced. I read a chapter of one of the later books, and decided they had taken a turn for the worse.

:shrugs: Perhaps I had a dud. Each to his own :)

Umm... but you said b4 you only read up to The Light Fantastic, so you've actually only ever read a single story... and as much as I like Rincewind, you've missed much.
You should know there are different scenarios/plots on the Discworld.
Rincewind and the Wizards serve for comical relief mostly, interrupting the main plot here'n'then in the newer books.
Then there's the witches scenario, and the Guards plot or in general Ankh Morpork scenario (the blackest depths of the human sould :p) and Death. Some books stand alone, like Pyramids and one of my favourites, Small Gods.

I didn't like the guards branch at first, but it has gained depth, and character.

And while I recall not being as satisfied with The Truth as with most others, I happened to like The Fifth Elephant alot.

Ah, glorious off-topic rambling :D

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Small Gods is my favourite as well :)
Have any of you read "Good Omens" (I think its called", whcih Mr P. wrote with Neil Gamian? It's not a Discworld novel, but it's about the funniest-while-still-running-deep non-Discworld book I've ever read... apart from Christopher Moore, that is...

Yep, I think someone should change that topic title :D

Claw

Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Ah, mais sure! 'cuse my frensh :lol:

I *love* Good Omens. Especially the start. Not that the rest is not as good really. It's just made an impression on me.

Claw

Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Luggage
(...) the old Nintendo vs. Sega battle :)

Why, Sonic is way cooler than this Mario d00d of course. I always liked Sega better. Sonic and Knuckles own Mario, Luigi and Wario.

Originally posted by NYGrrrl
(...) it was surely done negligently without knowledge of the community and thats almost as bad... :tdown:

At least as bad! :mad: typically capitalist. Don't care **** about people !

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
pratchet is a mincing, lisping little beardy chutney ferret.

I'm happy to say I've never read any of his books - they sound like the same kind of shit as those Telephone directory sized 'Fantasy novels' that are so popular with chronic masturbators.

:p

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by @kuma
pratchet is a mincing, lisping little beardy chutney ferret.

I'm happy to say I've never read any of his books - they sound like the same kind of shit as those Telephone directory sized 'Fantasy novels' that are so popular with chronic masturbators.

:p
actually, they are closer to satirations of "the same kind of shit as those Telephone directory sized 'Fantasy novels' that are so popular with chronic masturbators."

oh, and you forgot his hat.
;)

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by Luggage
In fact I don't mean to be offensive, but since no one seems to listen to my questions in this thread...

All I want to know is why PlanetUnreal kindly provides a forwarding service for NaliCity, if they are so cruel and evil that they delete "the whole history of UT mapping"... *I* wouldn't do that if I want to deal damage to someone who became "illoyal"...

Well, now that GSI has removed that 'kindly' provided forwarding link to BU's Nali City, I believe we can safely close this thread and the idea that GSI is somehow philanthropic.....

Pete
-BeyondUnreal

Status
Not open for further replies.