Whats the funniest thing that has happend to you while playing INF online.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheSmisker

CaseSensitive
Sep 21, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
LOL, this thread is fun...
I was playing Norwich, a map I've never learned and was toting the M203 around. Saw this elevator and headed up to see where it lead, ending up on an open roof somewhere. I was last in my team, so the enemy started throwing nades up on the rooftop and I ran around bewildered expecting death at any moment.

In the meantime 2 guys enter the elevator and head up to finish off the nadework (red health). I was pretty jacked up by then so to my (and probably theirs) total amazement I took them out with the 5.56, leaving me bleeding with 2 corpses. I guy left, no nades. There were wild discussions going btwn teams, them charging me with cowardice for not jumping down, my team defended me (was red in health). The decision was made, he was coming up.
I hear the elevator, quickly reload my 40mm and as the thaing reaches the top, I release... his spirit!

Intense and beautiful!

Last edited:

minion[hsma]

Oct 29, 2001
www.planet-ed.net
lol

omg i remeber the map waz norwich and i was in hsma long enough to know killerrabbit ... any way i was looking for the last person alive and i come across and dead blue body..-i was red-.. and he was on a crack and i jumped on him and fell through the hole and as i splatted i saw Blue Wins The Round .. LoL

6mm

Shooting first..shooting some more......
Hmmm lets see:

Spawn point: Down by the garages, hummers.

Time: 02:00AM

Well, my 56k was still glowing white hot after I downloaded the bran spanking new 2.85 and map packs that were released just a few hours ago.

It was like I had just gotten a new toy and was rearing to try it out. So I jumped on the nearest server, got the biggest fukking gun I could carry, and ran off.

A new round started and everyone ran off, and I ran with them. I didn't even know wtf the map was, let alone the layout, so I stuck in the group and as our guys started having one big fuk off pi$$ing contest on the main street (ala firefight) I saw the nearby brick house with the collapsed roof.

Anyway, I realised I had a sniper rifle and ran like hell up to the roof, jumping from beam to beam, about to give my boys some good covering fire ...................only I got stuck halfway up.

And there I sat, with one half of me sticking out of the floor, and the other half dangling.

Damn BSP hole from hell.

Well, eventually our guys pushed the baddies all the bloody way to the plane, me missing all the action. Finally there was just one bad guy left, and lil' ol' me', still dangling.

Well I realised that he could easily get the drop on me, so.... why the hell not. Lol, I started firing into the air, hoping the dimm witt would have the sense to follow it. Eventually he strolled along and well, once he saw me I couldn't just bend over and take it up the ass: I pulled my M9 and decided he was coming with me.

In the chaos that ensued, I laughed so hard I could hardly aim.
He eventually got me and it all started over again.

man I love INF:D

6mm

Shooting first..shooting some more......
Well, I think it was on DM-INF-Scramble that this happend.

It was an online game, at around 02:00am. I spawned at the outside spawn point with the trees, and my team proceded to move forwards.

About 7 minutes in there was only 3 on my team left, 1 standing near my trying to run up some stairs. Something was wrong with the guy, he was kinda jittery and jumping around so I went to his view. You could see his gun moving wildly around and so I said to him, "Hey dumbass, get a move on!"..... no reply.

After adbout 3 minutes of swearing and nearly shooting this guy.... it dawned on me.... he was a bot. I pressed F1 (or F2 or whatever that key is) and saw that they were ALL BOTS!!!

hehe :p

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
lol @ 6mm

Once in Cuban Dawn I spotted a prone sniperon the sniping hill so I decided to have a lil fun with him. I sneaked up the hill in crouch so he couldnt hear me then I stood up and started walking over him and jumping on him (doing about 1 damage every time) and he started panicing and fired randomly so I finished him off with a ka-bar :)

Another time I was playing on this map (I forget the name) and the camos were almost exactly alike and it was a dark map. I came up behind a pair of guys and I thought they were my team mates so I followed them around for a minute. Then when I kept saying something in teamsay and they wouldnt respond I checked what camo my arm was and compared it to theirs and it dawned on me that they were the remaining 2 hostile players so I opened fire, immeadiatly afterwards they started yelling at me for TKing and then they checked the scoreboard and saw I was on the other team ;)

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
hehe... good thread :). I haven't been playing online INF for much time, so the funniest thing I can tell of happened yesterday night. It was in installation. Bastardb and me were making a sweep on the outside zone, and right after turning around a corner I see somebody jumping off the stairs in the central building (I think he was Genocide3k). He landed right on the head of bastardb, and I was able to finish him with my trusty silenced MP5. Boy, that was fun :D. Immediately after, I was killed by a nade :( :D

TheNut

blah
Aug 7, 2001
Until recently, I was a , as yurch put it, a "LAN dependant bastard" of yurch's. IOW I couldnt play unless I was next door at Yurch' house. Well once I believe Yurch and I started threatening each other the server. Well seeing as we were sitting RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER, all Yurch had to do was lean back and him me in the back of the head. Made me get shot too....

D4|\/||\| j00 YUR(|-|!!!

In the words of the great Stormcaller "ALL YURCHS MUST DIE!"

[SHF]Mort

Jan 8, 2002
Nottingham
homepage.ntlworld.com
Pinball Bugg

We were playng Das-Boot, lovely map shame about the undocumented features, anyway I shot Bugg who fell off a ledge into some water....and bounced...his vertical trajectory was only halted by the ceiling which he hit with some force.....and bounced.
Gravity took over at this point and he proceeded to fall faster having picked up some speed from his brush with the ceiling and yep you guessed it he bounced of the waer again!

everytime this happened he gained more speed until eventually he splatted onto the ceiling leaving a lovely red rose!

I was larfing so hard i was shot from behind!

Dracil

First Poster of new INF forums
Jan 14, 2000
Taiwan, now in UC Berkeley
Funniest time was when 2.85 (I think) was first released. The dead people were able to haunt the living back then. Stuff from spooky door opening/closings, flying dead bodies (loved to dump bodies into the river in Kosovo, since that map takes awhile to end). :D Those were the days!

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
Here's another one:

Map : Enemy at the Gates
Server : AFA2 (Ra+Random spawn)

We finished one round when an air strike was beginning. At the start of the next round we spawn with the rockets falling on us. We (Red Team) somehow manage to survive and three seconds later the message "Red Team wins the round" appears on my screen... :D

Waxx

Ultralight pilot
Oct 2, 1999
Ohio, USA
Visit site
It just happened today at a TBF practice. It was on Khazakstan and Imperial and I were covering a small ramp in a room with some crates. I sprayed with my shottie and fell back to reload. I saw a flash of white among the crates (opposing team was arctic camo) so I pulled out my M9 and went to check it out. I found the guy by a door and opened fire and missed. He ducked behind the open door and got stuck so I ran over and threw a nade right next to him and took cover. We won that match =)

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Originally posted by eddievedder
I dont know if this is funny or just sad.
Map: EP
Incident: I stepped on a mine..... twice .....

It' not fun or sad, it's just plain stupid! :p :D

Dockside: I got to the hangar and hided in the dark. Nothing... after 1 min of ambush, I got back to the respawn point and took the central alley that enters the "central place". Nobody at the far end, I continued to walk till the entrance self of that place, hiding in the right corner, inside the alley and stopped to listen.

Then an ennemy came, walk-crouching, aiming at the alley with his MP5, not noticing me when I was a few inch of him. I think in real life, he could have feel my breath in his face due to our proximity. Just shot him in the head... :D

Some next round later, same map: apparently all the GD team was hiding in the 1st and 2nd floor in that central place. I ran from this central alley to cover, ennemy firing on me. I waited a bit and came back, plain shot in one hiding in the corner at the first floor (and spotted another on the second floor), returned to cover. Repeated the same action, apparently, they didn't expect that. Shot a second and a few second later a third one.
I Woof Woofed of excitation and asked: "next ?"
I came back for the fourth time to the place just to see the head of Ghost walking toward the stairs apparently to ambush me... Too bad for him... :D

It was like shooting in a stand.