What was your least favorite aspect of TAM/Freon?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Least favorite?

• Round based play (waiting to spawn)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Loaded Spawns (no map control)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Challenge mode (Negative feedback)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No implicit objective (powerups dictate flow and eliminate "run and hide")

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Ammo restricitons

• Lack of ammo restrictions

• Problems inherent to 2kx (open maps, adren, hit scan prevalecne)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Mechanics changes (adren mods, lowered shock combo ammo cost, lowered SG self damage)

• Lack of enhanced Netcode

• Other: Explain in post

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
As per usual, DP makes no sense. Is anyone really lining up 10 - 20 shots before they play?*

*No

Even if they did (and they are not) you need time to refill your glass. Idiot.

:rolleyes:

3e62da5dde2d5c270e3941361754b2df.jpg

All you have to do is tie this to your head and add straws to each bottle. You get a perfect shot amount every time you pull one of the knobs. Noob.

Ghash_hardass

May 24, 2012
Norway
tam killed ut2004?

Im still loving tam, but i love dm ctf tdm and all ut titles ever given out!

And ill play the new ut for hours easy!

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Other: TAM/Freon didn't run Crysis. (I didn't really have huge issues with this game type.)

To minimize a prolonged out of the round issue, servers mostly seem to disable Booster! (which encouraged the cat and mouse game on bigger maps) and enabled a resurrection combo instead.

As you may know, I reimplemented 99% of TAM, and later Freon, in what originally was a separate TDM mod to fix some bugs and add some features, which partly explains how I know about some of the more subtle stuff your devteam did with the adrenaline combos, score for damage, not having the adrenaline amount affected while in a combo, etc. If you have some ideas, maybe they could be prototyped in UT2004 (sans any movement changes :D), though I work haphazardly on this stuff. I looked into doing something similar to how TDM works in GoW3: Last Team Standing.