What maps should I have on my servers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Shan could you kill the 6 bot thing? Its really annoying. I will only join if I see like 4 or more ppl cause of it. Its kinda stupid to play against 1 other person and theres 4 ****in bots running around. At least put 4 bots instead of 6. And the last player timer is wayyyy too fast. I saw this assclown tonight who kept hiding if he was the last person so his team wouldnt lose the round. We couldnt get to him fast enough to kill him. 120 seconds is good.

=CreepingShadow=

Apr 5, 2001
Chicago
archive.org
Last edited:

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Sure {GD}NTKB, I will make those changes. The server is starting to get busy enough that it probably does not need so many bots anymore. I will set the minimum players to 4.

I will also up the Last Player Timer to 120 seconds.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Shan

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
I will take a look at your map suggestions, CreepingShadow.

Also, I have put Wentham up on the server. Is this map really a fav? Seems to lack detail to me. Maybe I cannot get past everything being done with Textures.

Also, I will need someone to post: INF_RussTex.utx in order to test out Crossfire. Why is it that mappers don't put their textures in the ZIP files?

Shan

Last edited:

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
:tup: Good job shan. Im sure doing that will make it easier on the players who come. Lots of fun to play TDM once in awhile. And yes Wentham kicks ass!

I doubt your EAS server will see much action though... Reason being is it seems MUF as always, and {GD} server is seeing most of the EAS traffic. MUF fills in the daytime and {GD} in the evening. If I may, I suggest maybe making your EAS server a DOM server to see what happens? Otherwise theres simply too much EAS servers out there. :( Perhaps if the community gets much larger in the future it will be needed?

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Ya, I took the EAS server down last night. I may look at doing DOM or I may just run only the TDM Server. My favorite way to play is TDM but I have not given EAS much of a chance. I will probably start hopping on the EAS servers and play a bit more. Variety is good.

Please keep all of your suggestions coming. I love playing TDM on a busy server. Best way to ensure that is to keep you all happy. :)

Shan

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
No one commented earlier on whether or not Sleepytown was good for online play? What does everyone think?

If ppl want it, can you point me to the INF version of it with the TDM playerstarts? The REALMAPS link is down.

Shan

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
OK. I have done the following to the server:

1. Changed the LastPlayerTimer to 120 Seconds
2. Installed ReportDirection 1.9
3. Turned off Spectator TeamTalk
4. Added the following maps:

Dogtown
UrbanArena][ INFWAR
Downtown
Archives
InnerCity

If there are any other changes and/or mutators I can put on the server to make play for enjoyable, do not hesitate to should.

I will also be ugrading the server to a bigger machine so I can go to 18 players since it had been full quite a bit lately (not complaining...keep on coming).

Shan

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
shan said:
OK. I have done the following to the server:

1. Changed the LastPlayerTimer to 120 Seconds
2. Installed ReportDirection 1.9
3. Turned off Spectator TeamTalk
4. Added the following maps:

Dogtown
UrbanArena][ INFWAR
Downtown
Archives
InnerCity

If there are any other changes and/or mutators I can put on the server to make play for enjoyable, do not hesitate to should.

I will also be ugrading the server to a bigger machine so I can go to 18 players since it had been full quite a bit lately (not complaining...keep on coming).

Shan

INNERCITY! w00t!