What maps should I have on my servers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
All,

Here is your opportunity to get the maps you like to play on a public server. Our servers have good ping and fast download redirection. The TDM server gets a decent amount of play but the EAS Server gets virtually none.

I am hoping that we can increase play by putting the maps you want to see on them.

Here is the current Map rotation on the TDM Server:
Chasm
CubanDawn
Flaggstaff
Installation
ManorFarm
MWH
Peru
ResearchSite
Scramble
SicilyNight
UbanArena][
Terrain
Swamprat
SKTactics
DesertTactics2-Dawn
ComplexB
DocksideWE
DocksideMilled
Norwich
TYard
SniperAlley

The EAS Server is running the standard rotation.

I am open to removing those you do not like and adding those that you do, etc. I am also willing to host special events. They must be public events, but I was envisioning (through the use of a mutator I have been hearing about on the forums or some other method) things like a Clan taking on everyone else. If you think your Clan has the stuff, you could challenge the community to battle. I do not want to get into clan versus clan, etc. because I want the servers to be community, but I would be more than willing to talk about hosting events the community wants to see.

If you have any suggestions, ideas, etc. reply here.

Thanks,

Shan

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
you map rotation is good.

maps i dont like though for tdm ;

ManorFarm
MWH
Peru
Terrain
DocksideWE
TYard
SniperAlley

maps you could add (tdm)
dogtown, containing criminals, sunset express, realmanor,texas bank

(just my humble opinion)

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Removed MWH, Peru, SniperAlley and TYard. I will look at adding the other suggestions.

I could not bring myself to remove ManorFarm or Terrain because I love those too much. :)

Also forgot to list that I had TwinBridges in there. I have not decided whether I will keep it or not.

Shan

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
OMG. You mean I can finally play Dogtown with 2.9.

I must run out and scrafice a small animal to the INF Gods.

Thank you.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Not in the rotation yet. I cannot get it to run. When I install it, I get an error about it missing something. The server has been to busy tonight to look at it further. If anyone has a working ZIP, please post it. I tried the one from Combatmaps and realmaps and I get the same error. Could be a serverpackage= I am supposed to do or something too. I will look into that.

I will get it into the rotation, along with the others as soon as possible.

Shan

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
I get an error when trying to DL this from RealMaps.

"The download system couldn't find the file you requested. If you followed a valid link, or believe that this is an error, please contact us."

Anyone got it handy?

And on InnerCity, I would love to have that on the server but it is so huge I am afraid ppl will drop off not wanting to DL it. Opinions on large maps in the rotation? Also, the RealMaps review says this map has no TDM TeamStarts. Is there a fixed version?

Shan

Last edited:

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
{GD}NTKB said:
2 words:

INNER CITY.

best. map. evar.
I really don't see why you are saying it is such a great map.
It is:
Too small
low performance
buggy
many map exploits

I personally think it would make a very bad EAS map due to its size alone. Then you have to go through and fix all the bugs and map exploits without causing a bunch of BSP errors. I played this map many times in 2.86 and it was never that great gameplay wise. Looks nice though :)

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
if you consider that going of roof is a map exploit maybe , but i dont. its realistic to go on roofs

then the size. theire is no required size for an EAS map. it can be quite small, it will be then adapted to a smaller amount of player.
i think we should have an EAS server with 10 players maximum , running only small maps

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Dont mind KW he is on crack and obviously wasnt around for GD2. When Innercity was the Fav map on the ENTIRE SERVER.

Your wrong in your regards for making it EAS for the following reasons:

Smaller maps can be adjusted to meet EAS requirements, because you can make the time limit smaller. So RtK might take 18 minutes to bear, and have a timer that long, while you can make the timer for innercity 12 minutes.

Why the hubub? Well because regardless of its few bugs that effect gameplay, its quite frankly the most realistic inner slum map ive ever seen. Nothing comes close. When we played with DTAS on it it was some of the most intense matches. Whoever converts it to EAS is gonna have to be real careful non of the objectives are near some of the few chokepoints on the map. Either way just about everywhere has 2 ways in and possible nading windows in the areas where there is a choke.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Doing my best to get Dogtown on for you. No luck so far.

When I try to launch Dogtown, I get this error:

"Failed to load 'quickbro': Can't find file for package 'quickbro'
Failed to load 'DM-Dogtown_INF': Can't find file for package 'quickbro'
Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file for package 'quickbro'"

Is there some other package file or UTX I need?

Shan

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
In the .zip file i attach here, there is the quickbro.umx file that is not in the .zip put by Crowze
I have it from the original UT DM-Dogtown.

Attachments

• quickbro.zip
    229.5 KB · Views: 7