What does a girl look for in a guy?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheWhaleShark

This world is spinning around me
Dec 14, 2001
A little to the left.
www.rit.edu
Sara already said it; just be yourself, and if it happens, it happens.

Just remember to actually make a move. Don't sit around and wait for something to happen, because it won't if you do that. Even if it doesn't turn out the way you want it to, you at least made your move and showed that you think of her as being a bit more than a friend.

Lightzout

Infiltration Player
Apr 16, 2001
San Rafael, California
Visit site
Being a cocky prick may get you laid once in a while but the best advice I have ever been given regarding women (from other women) is to be honest and talk about your feelings. If a woman can see your real self and you allow yourself to be vulnerable then you will know whether you have something real. She will either love you for who you are or, if youre not careful, crush your heart. But I am talking as a guy who chased true love for decades and has finally gotten engaged to a great woman so take my advice under consideration. Its a lot of work to keep them happy so make sure you are really compatible.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
U/D/T/SNAKE said:
Chicks in High School dig *******s period! I should know I was a jock and a bully and an ******* and I got all the babes.

I think it's mostly because shy is cute, but just cute -- you have to be assertive and somewhat aggressive to get our attention, and bully/jock types are good at that. Of course, from *me* they tend to get kicked where it counts for being asses...but that's just me. :D

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
As long as she finds you interesting and somewhat of a challenge, she'll stick around. (Given she's interested from the start)
Be all open and saying 'i (L) u' all the time, a large percentage will -even not intentional- lose interest because they already 'have' you completely, no more 'challenge'.
Woman want the tough guy, not the soft one. And even tho they think they want the sensitive one, they don't.

(I've only ever met one girl who was 100% dedicated no matter what, maybe she was 'the one', but at the time i wasn't thinking right and let her go.)

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
recon1337 said:
whats a good way to make a move for a kiss?

If your on a date, when you think the time is right *your staring in her eyes she in yours* then simply touch her hand. If she doesnt move an inch, then wait another minute or two, continue talking something nice or romantic. Then look at her hair for a few seconds and reach out and touch it gently. If she still doesnt move, go in for the kiss. ;):tup:

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
If your on a date, when you think the time is right *your staring in her eyes she in yours* then simply touch her hand. If she doesnt move an inch, then wait another minute or two, continue talking something nice or romantic. Then look at her hair for a few seconds and reach out and touch it gently. If she still doesnt move, go in for the kiss.

Yeh the trick is to get that situation to happen lol... If your like me, you can pull off the awkward kissing stuff with grace. I just go for it and most of the time it's awkward.. but I somehow figured out to make any situation comfortable for the girl. At least that's what they tell me... I do this by NEVER showing awkwardness.

Sometimes, when people (not just girls) are nervous, they look to their partner to see whether the situation warrants being nervous, like a kid when they scrape their knee. They sometimes look to their parents to see if they should be crying or not. If you laugh it off, they laugh with you. If you start saying "awww are you ok does it hurt?" they begin wailing like there's no tomorrow. If you show them your not worried or awkward, they feel they shouldn't. It rquires a bit of acting skills but once you do it once it gets easier and easier.

Basically what Sara said, If your confident and assertive, it makes the other feel secure. If you come off as solid turf, your lady friend will feel more confident going for the leap of faith.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
IMHO, the key is simply to go slowly and move in a way that allows the girl to subtly decline the kiss if she wants. Nothing[/i] can ruin a date like moving too fast with physical affection; it's awkward and embarassing at best, and at worst can completely torpedo a budding relationship.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
SaraP said:
IMHO, the key is simply to go slowly and move in a way that allows the girl to subtly decline the kiss if she wants. Nothing can ruin a date like moving too fast with physical affection; it's awkward and embarassing at best, and at worst can completely torpedo a budding relationship.
It's just a kiss.
And it's showing affection and interest. If she kisses me back then i'll know she feels the same about me. I don't think she would feel worse about me just because i tried to kiss her.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Grab her crotch until she stops fighting. Then you know you're in. Generally speaking, rodeo rules apply. 8 seconds is usually the amount of time required to prove your worth.

I learned this move in a pub.

Last edited: