Weapon Reloading

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you miss weapon reloading if it were removed?

• No, realism has no place in a game called "Unreal".

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • OMG NO IT MUST BE EXACTLY LIKE U2XMP OR ELSE NO ONE WILL EVER PLAY IT OMGOMGFOM!!!!!!!!!1111

Votes: 65 82.3%
  • I never live long enough to fire off an entire clip. 0_o

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
Naib, is it really an exploit? i always shoot till a clip is over or just reload if someone is out of view for a little bit but i've heard "big shot" clans talking about it as if it were a tactic..

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
FurociousFa said:
Naib, is it really an exploit? i always shoot till a clip is over or just reload if someone is out of view for a little bit but i've heard "big shot" clans talking about it as if it were a tactic..

If you are asking "does it work", then yes

If you are asking "does it count as an exploit" then I would say yes, but you would never be able to prove that someone was using it deliberately or just happened to change weapons a couple of times. I know I used to use it without noticing.

But saying that it's not like it give someone that huge an advantage, so I wouldn't care if someone used it or not

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Although "OMG NO IT MUST BE EXACTLY LIKE U2XMP OR ELSE NO ONE WILL EVER PLAY IT OMGOMGFOM!!!!!!!!!1111" is a bit extreme, that's what I voted for. Sure, it sucks having to reload after 5 rockets, but it beats the alternative. IE, a never-ending hail of sniper bullets or alt-shotty fire.

If you're asking because there's a coding problem (as some here have guessed), then I suppose I can live with it. Fear my rocket spammage!

Last edited:

communist

Mar 19, 2002
Vandenberg Airbase
Visit site
Why are you thinking about all these features / options NOW if the mod is coming to completion.. or is there still a long way to go?
Anyway by removing reload you'll have to alter just about all weapons to not make them spammy. If there is problem with coding / animation then settle for "weapon overheated! cooling..." that takes exactly as long as the reload animations and locks the weapon in the meantime, add progress bar so one knows when one can start shooting again. In other words keep some sort of limit in order to prevent people from spamming all over the place.

You dont have to make this mod appeal to just about every mindless UT0* fan in each and every point - its supposedto be different ;)

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
communist said:
Why are you thinking about all these features / options NOW if the mod is coming to completion.. or is there still a long way to go?
Anyway by removing reload you'll have to alter just about all weapons to not make them spammy. If there is problem with coding / animation then settle for "weapon overheated! cooling..." that takes exactly as long as the reload animations and locks the weapon in the meantime, add progress bar so one knows when one can start shooting again. In other words keep some sort of limit in order to prevent people from spamming all over the place.

You dont have to make this mod appeal to just about every mindless UT0* fan in each and every point - its supposedto be different ;)

Genius concept ;)

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
JagoXmp said:
Bleeder, if you're talking about the Rate of Fire exploit then your statement
is absolutely rediculous. I'm really fed up with people calling "hax" everytime
something in this game "looks funny" to them.

I play several hours each day on 3 or 4 different servers, and I have
yet to see anyone use the rate of fire exploit in a match.

If "a lot of players" are using this then how do you explain the fact
that I haven't seen it. Yeah I know it exists and it's EXTREMELY easy
to use, but that said, I never see it. Care to comment? Or better yet
give us names. I'm sure all the admins would like to have a list of
these people.
Well, yeah, the firerate hax is out there along with the reloadrate hax. I don't see it much in "real" matches, but sometimes see it in servers with two or three players screwing around for fun. How do you know about its use in "real" matches unless antihax is running and displaying a message to your screen that someone's fire/reload-rate is 10% faster? I think pointing fingers at players is probably not as useful as making sure antihax is working/running, which it isn't on most servers.

toky

Gramaton Cleric
Jun 19, 2004
www.mgamers.org
Weapon reloading is key too assaulting someone. If im going after a Gunner as a ranger i want him too fire off his clip, then attack! Without it the entire gameplay will change.

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
well without reloading it will lose gigantic its realism so I really hope it is with reloading

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
toky said:
Weapon reloading is key too assaulting someone. If im going after a Gunner as a ranger i want him too fire off his clip, then attack! Without it the entire gameplay will change.

He makes a good point.

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
if it is out, the ranger gets a huge advantage becouse he reloads every 3 shots and loses its aim on someone. without it will be shot 2sec shot 2sec shot 2sec shot 2sec etc.

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
heavy_wargod said:
if it is out, the ranger gets a huge advantage becouse he reloads every 3 shots and loses its aim on someone. without it will be shot 2sec shot 2sec shot 2sec shot 2sec etc.

you must have slow fingers ;) ... 2sec fater each shot, tisk tisk
shakehead.gif

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
I still say it doesn't matter, unless FMI plans to fix the bug where you can do a keybind to switch to another weapon and then switch back to "reload" faster.

Last edited:

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
well i think that problem was innate to xmp, don't think it would carry over considering its going to be based off of ut2k4..