UWRC-Colorado (Screenshots)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

maurice

May 24, 2004
ProjectX said:
Please tell me you neve use unlit! unlit is worse than having poor lighting! It's no lighting! It's like playing Doom1
Agreed, but it's the only solution I found. Where my track segments join together, bUnlit=False makes the vertex shader cast black streaks of the track edges on the underside of the track. This appears to happen when 2 static meshes either touch or overlap.

And frankly, it doesn't look *that* bad.

Doom was fun eh? :D

maurice

May 24, 2004
Glad to have been able to help. :)

BTW: Contrary to what was said earlier, bUnlit doesn't affect casting shadows, they still get cast as you can see in my SwissRace.

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
To make Static Meshes NOT cast shadows...

Static Mesh Properties -> Display ->BShadowCast=False

Also, as a much better alternative to bUnlit property:

Properties -> Lighting -> bSpecialLit=True, then adjust, Properties -> Display -> AmbientGlow .

This will give you control over the amount of brightness. BUnlit property has no control, its just full bright.

Last edited:

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
Hey guys, is there a chance anyone here would be able to host my UWRC-Colorado map file? I have submitted it to fileplanet, but it seems to be taking forever for them to post a link :(

It would be much appreciated :)

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
I just tried to open your map in Ued and I get the following error.

Attachments

• ErrorColorado.JPG
    ErrorColorado.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 15

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
It doesn't show up in the game menu though, and double clicking on it doesn't work either, it gives a visual c++ runtime error

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
yes project, those things are set, this is not gonna be fun to find i fear :( the damn thing works here, thats what bugs me :)

P.S - Diego, are you looking under Unwheel gametype "Unwheel Race"?

edit: If you can play the map from the editor, that means you have everything necessary (else, it would not work at all), so, you are not selecting the proper gametype then, this map is only "Unwheel Race", no other gametypes. I should have mentioned this I guess, sorry :)

Last edited:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
UltraNew-B said:
yes project, those things are set, this is not gonna be fun to find i fear :( the damn thing works here, thats what bugs me :)

P.S - Diego, are you looking under Unwheel gametype "Race"?

Well I'll have a look in the morning, see if I can help.

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
Diego1203 said:
I can't play it normaly but I can open it up in the editor and play from there.

Hey, i got it to show up in the menu, the zip has a folder that is named incorrect, the staticmesh folder is named static mesh with a space, after i put eveything in the correct folders, it works just fine, the only problem i have is you spawn on top of a dead bot so just dont pic the bugger because i could not get off of the new defalt bot.

And UltraNew-B, nice map, i think the track could be a little more wide, I have a hard time staying on it and if there were more than one vehicle it could get very hairy.

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
jerdaygo said:
Hey, i got it to show up in the menu, the zip has a folder that is named incorrect, the staticmesh folder is named static mesh with a space, after i put eveything in the correct folders, it works just fine, the only problem i have is you spawn on top of a dead bot so just dont pic the bugger because i could not get off of the new defalt bot.

And UltraNew-B, nice map, i think the track could be a little more wide, I have a hard time staying on it and if there were more than one vehicle it could get very hairy.

yeah maybe map scale it by something like 1.5 again

EDIT: Oh and two other problems, there is a freaky lighting effect on the terrain, as you drive past it suddenly gos black, I've got a video of it for you, and I'll upload that somewhere for you to download.

Secondly, you have no fog ring in your skybox and therefore there's artifact popping with the fog (and the fog is barely visible at that you must have min fog distance set to the same thing as max fog distance or something) simply add a fog ring (one can be found in cp_nightmare.usx) and change the texture to that of your fog.

Last edited:

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
Glad its working, scared me there !! I agree jerdaygo, it's more of a 1 on 1 style map now.:) Project, could you take a screenshot of this blackness problem?

About the fog, I'm just gonna increase the view distance a tad so its not noticeabe at all, I really don't want any visible fog. I don't wanna scale it up any more, then things become gigantic and unrealistically scaled. It's too much work at this stage to widen just the road, rather then doing extensive repairs, I will focus on my next map, which will be more of a GT style map, much wider roads, long stretchs with tight corners and crazy a** hairpins :p

Will the level be included in the next patch? I would really like to release it to the public :)

Last edited:

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
UltraNew-B said:
Glad its working, scared me there !! I agree jerdaygo, it's more of a 1 on 1 style map now.:) Project, could you take a screenshot of this blackness problem?

About the fog, I'm just gonna increase the view distance a tad so its not noticeabe at all, I really don't want any visible fog. I don't wanna scale it up any more, then things become gigantic and unrealistically scaled. It's too much work at this stage to widen just the road, rather then doing extensive repairs, I will focus on my next map, which will be more of a GT style map, much wider roads, long stretchs with tight corners and crazy a** hairpins :p

Will the level be included in the next patch? I would really like to release it to the public :)

Well someone'd have to A.I. map it, and I'd hate to be the sucker stuck with it.

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
I didn't include any paths whatsoever, frankly because i didn't know what type of paths to add (many choices in ut2004), also, i dont have a version with working bots, so even if i added paths, i still couldn't test the a.i :)

Once i have a version with bots and know what type of paths to add, i will add paths.

Last edited:

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
UltraNew-B said:
I didn't include any paths whatsoever, frankly because i didn't know what type of paths to add (many choices in ut2004), also, i dont have a version with working bots, so even if i added paths, i still couldn't test the a.i :)

Once i have a version with bots and know what type of paths to add, i will add paths.

I know you don't have the right actors for A. I. Pathing a map, I was just saying I pity the person who does who was stuck with the task of pathing it for you.