UTXMP Questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
Since the FAQ thread is anything but, I've got a bunch of questions I've been writing up, maybe some FMI's can answer about UTXMP. It beats debating about whether or not the EMP effect is too bubbly. I'm sure I'll think of more, but these are things I wouldn't mind knowing.

Will there be damage changes from U2XMP?

Is togglebehindview gone?

Does this mean that the only way to conc-jump in UTXMP will be Team Fortress style? (Laying it out and then timing the jump)

Will conc grenades still tip over vehicles?

Will suicides from console still be in the game?

Will you still be able to tell who on your team is and has deployed a cetain deploy?

Will you still only be able to look around a delpoy point after clicking in?

Can you still string together endless jump/dodge chains?

Do the weapons that relied on the old U2 particle system still deal damage in the same manner?

Will the Webadmin work in the same manner as U2XMP, or 2k4, or unique?

Will wall boosting still be in the game?

Will energy drain still be the same (relying on # sources and # of players per team as well as # deployables)

Will we have the ability to disable universal and/or team voice binds?

Are we going to get a warning about a release date so those of us who pay for servers and will be paying for UTXMP server setup fees dont get stuck paying extra money?

Will there be spam protection, unlike U2XMP?

Will we even see UTXMP in 2004?

IndianPsycho

Feb 17, 2004
www.free-monkey.com
- Yes. U2XMP weapons did most of it's damage per-particle, and that can't be done in 2K4. We're trying to keep it as close as possible.

Is togglebehindview gone?
- No, however there's a server side option as to whether allow behind view or not.

Does this mean that the only way to conc-jump in UTXMP will be Team Fortress style? (Laying it out and then timing the jump)
- See above.

Will conc grenades still tip over vehicles?
- They do in the current build.

Will suicides from console still be in the game?
- Yes

Will you still be able to tell who on your team is and has deployed a cetain deploy?
- eh?

Will you still only be able to look around a delpoy point after clicking in?
- Yes.

Can you still string together endless jump/dodge chains?
- Movement is still being tweaked.

Do the weapons that relied on the old U2 particle system still deal damage in the same manner?
- See above.

Will the Webadmin work in the same manner as U2XMP, or 2k4, or unique?
- As in 2K4

Will wall boosting still be in the game?
- It is currently.

Will energy drain still be the same (relying on # sources and # of players per team as well as # deployables)
- Yes.

Will we have the ability to disable universal and/or team voice binds?
- Not currently.

Are we going to get a warning about a release date so those of us who pay for servers and will be paying for UTXMP server setup fees dont get stuck paying extra money?
- Maybe.

Will there be spam protection, unlike U2XMP?
- Yes, 2K4 already has it built in.

Will we even see UTXMP in 2004?
- Yes :p

Last edited:

Fleury14

Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
Thanks, appreciate the quick response. I'll try and explain the question about the deploy a bit more.

In U2XMP when you deploy at a point, on the side of the screen a list of players that have previously deployed there will be in grey, and a list of players that are about to deploy with you in white are also there. Just wonderin' if this is still in there.

MadMan2k

Aug 2, 2004
IndianPsycho said:
- Yes. U2XMP weapons did most of it's damage per-particle, and that can't be done in 2K4. We're trying to keep it as close as possible.
cant you simply ask epic to put this(evetnually your code) in their a patch?
I mean they do a lot of only mod related code anyway...

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
hmm, sounds like the damage changes are goin to be rather small, and that for the gass it seems that they hafto to do damage radias to allow them to be hurt, but hey, with conc jumping it is still there, you just haft to learn how to deal with blinding yourself :D

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
Will conc grenades disperse smoke and gas?

Also:
"however there's a server side option as to whether allow behind view or not."
Crap!

Wasn't it originally intended at any rate? The Legend guys actually showed us how to do it, implying that it was intended. What if a lot of servers disable it? I never thought it really unbalanced things, in fact it BALANCED them even more.

Well, there goes my conc-jump/arty cap only tactic...

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
Ok bit of a random question coming up... :eek: :rolleyes:

Will gas grenades have a max. allowed particle density? Does the ut2004 engine allow this?
For example: 1 gas nade will do, lets say 10 pts of damage per 3 seconds; 2 gas nades will do 20 per 3 secs; 6 will do the same as 2 gas grenades - thus this (2) is the limit to the amount of gas (particles/damage effect) allowed in the set space...

And hence limit the extent of gas spammage...

Andfor comedy value instead of the gas grenade going bang, could it make a farting noise instead?!! ;)

Fleury14

Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
Eat_my_shorts said:
Ok bit of a random question coming up... :eek: :rolleyes:

Will gas grenades have a max. allowed particle density? Does the ut2004 engine allow this?
For example: 1 gas nade will do, lets say 10 pts of damage per 3 seconds; 2 gas nades will do 20 per 3 secs; 6 will do the same as 2 gas grenades - thus this (2) is the limit to the amount of gas (particles/damage effect) allowed in the set space...

That's actually a good question. From the other response, damage is no longer done on a per-particles basis, I think its going to be more area effect.

IndianPsycho

Feb 17, 2004
www.free-monkey.com
T-Shinzon said:
Will conc grenades disperse smoke and gas?
Wasn't it originally intended at any rate? The Legend guys actually showed us how to do it, implying that it was intended. What if a lot of servers disable it? I never thought it really unbalanced things, in fact it BALANCED them even more.

They showed us it could be done in 1st person, never in 3rd person IIRC.
Aside from that, XMP had this option too, it was just broken.

Fleury14 said:
That's actually a good question. From the other response, damage is no longer done on a per-particles basis, I think its going to be more area effect.

It's an area effect, yeah.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
are there any plans to include an option that lets you remove the speechsound from the game?

Fleury14 said:
Thanks, appreciate the quick response. I'll try and explain the question about the deploy a bit more.

In U2XMP when you deploy at a point, on the side of the screen a list of players that have previously deployed there will be in grey, and a list of players that are about to deploy with you in white are also there. Just wonderin' if this is still in there.

that applies to everyone, not just who's on your team.