UTXMP Map Creation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
MrDoWrong said:
Actually this was a glitch. I deleted them both and re-added the blue and red spawn points. No luck :( . I had to rebuild the whole map. Now they work fine ???? Just one of those things. So as it stands I have 1 map with a total of 16 hours and now I am back where I left off....lol

Out of 50 maps I've had this kind of thing happen about 3 times.... oh well....

Thanks

I really dunno...never happened to me. But then again there are Unreal-glitches specific to each computer and set-up. Like for instance:

When I have an exact number of geometry brushes (three hundred something, forgot the specific number), UnrealEd crashes upon EVERY geometry rebuild without an error message or anything; it just closes without saving. When I finally change the brush count to any other number, the rebuild works fine. Kinda weird, dunno if anyone else has experienced this, I don't think so.

Yep.

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
AH, No biggie.

I like the rebuild that I did anyway. You always find something you could do better after you get finished. This is a terrain map so I re-worked the terrain to better fit the end goal I wanted.

I love building maps for UT2003/4 (DM-CTF) but OSS-Bloodrave wanted me to build some for them. I've never built UTXMP but so far it's not as bad as ONS mapping... (which sucks)...

I've noticed I need to fix some areas where I am getting stallz errors. I also need to re-work my roadpathnodes. Other than than I am pleased... :)

Oh there is one question I had. I don't play UTXMP so I need some logistical help. On big maps, do you see two artifact nodes for each team or have you ever seen 4 per team? I understand that you can put up to 4 artifacts in an artifact base. I just didn't know which way everyone was used to?

2 Artifact bases = 2 each artifacts
4 Artifact bases = 1 each artifact

Thanks

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
well there was an map that had more artifactnodes AND more artifacts each team and it did well for a while

SwiftPaladin

Boing!
Feb 4, 2004
San Jose, CA
Heh, phalanx...devoured by WoW. You know, I kinda miss him; not him per se, but the adrenaline circulating through my veins when he posted, wanting to rip off the ^%&%$$ and (^*&%&^$, piece of *^$%&^%&^%
Actually I just miss the idea of him :D

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
Ok final question:

I have 3 spawn points for each team. This never happened to me in UT2003 or UT2004 map creation but anyway....

For some reason bots/players spawn at only one deploy point??? Are you only allowed 1 deploy point per team? I would hope not....

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
MrDoWrong said:
Ok final question:

I have 3 spawn points for each team. This never happened to me in UT2003 or UT2004 map creation but anyway....

For some reason bots/players spawn at only one deploy point??? Are you only allowed 1 deploy point per team? I would hope not....

The game is in early stage of development (yes, yes, i expect sooo much :p), so bots still dont do what real players would.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
MrDoWrong said:
Ok final question:

Just to clarify. You can can cycle through at spawn at your teams other deploy points,, correct? It's just the bots don't change deployment points, right? If so, NRK is %100 correct. The "bots/players" in your post is throwing me off a little.

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
Ok here is what I figured out:

I had one spawn point for each team until just about the end of the of the build. After that I decided where to place the other two (for each side) deploy points. Turns out the last one (for blue and red) I placed in the map is the one that all of the bots and myself started at. I deleted the spawn point in the both bases and replaced them with new ones. Now the bots and myself start at the base...... w00t
Which is what I wanted because the two other spawn points are above on hills and some of them don't like to use the jump spots (some do though).

All is well.