UTXMP Map Creation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
Question 1:
I need a list of 'must have' objects (generators, artifacts)

Question 2:
Is creating UTXMP maps like creating ONS maps. Do I build the map place my objects then link all objects when I play the map?

I've looked all over the place for a tutorial but haven't found anything with any substance. I've seen the Wiki tutorial but mostly that is just very basic stuff. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Must have:
-at least 2 deploy points (1 for each team)
-exactly 2 artifact nodes (1/team)
-at least 1 generator (2-4 prefered depending on size)

XMP is a bit different from ONS. You don't have to link anything together. Things such as deploy points and artifact nodes are all independant of each other.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll open up the Mission Critical Website. We have the beginings of an in-depth mapping tutorial setup.

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
Thanks Heavy... I've built about 50 maps for DaTs since late 2002 (CTF and DM) but I've only dorked around with ONS like once or twice.

Xaero I will be looking forward to your website. Please let me know the address when you open for business.

I just didn't want to waste time building a map and do it the wrong way (of course thats how we learn) I figured someone like you guys already had figured out the hard parts though..... I really appreciate it....awesome!

Thanks

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
Oh, I sent a private message to TheJackal|CFH| and let him know that the Starting Points and the Generator post are the same.

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
OK! When I spawn in my map at a deployment point I cannot move. I can see my player below me and I can see myself change weapons but I cannot move. Neither can my teammates.

My settings are as follows:

XMPHackTrigger >> busable is set to false
XMPHackTriger >> Team is set to 1 for blue and 0 for red teams respectively

XMPDeployPoint>> RespawndelayPCT is set to 1. (I've also left this set as default when I tested it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
I agree with the "Rebuild All."

However,
If it the deploy point was inside geometry, he wouldn't be able to spawn at all.

Last edited:

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
Actually this was a glitch. I deleted them both and re-added the blue and red spawn points. No luck :( . I had to rebuild the whole map. Now they work fine ???? Just one of those things. So as it stands I have 1 map with a total of 16 hours and now I am back where I left off....lol

Out of 50 maps I've had this kind of thing happen about 3 times.... oh well....

Thanks

MrDoWrong

Feb 16, 2005
fireball said:
Rule #1 of UED:
Rebuild all any time you BREATHE. It fixes 99% of problems.

Absolutley!!

I usually save and rebuild every 15 min. For some reason the starting point didn't agree.... :)