UT99 Skin Pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
http://www.filefront.com/4847533/UT99-Models/

Something I thought you guys would all like. Includes everything from the original except the Nali Warcow and Xan.

EDIT: It seems like the head and shoulders do not want to become transparent. They were still there when I activated the invisibility adren combo. That, and when I die, They are still visible when they begin to disappear from the map. I guess that's the price for looking awesome.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Nobody wants the UT99 skins? Seriously, all I get is some stupid tags? C'mon people.

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
These are pretty nice and sure do bring back some good memories. I should see about playing a good old game of CTF on face with all the bots using these models...

If there was to be a second version I would recommend setting the proper LOD groups on the textures (PlayerSkin versus World) and maybe not tessellate the models quite so much (I can see tessellating some of the long edges on a case by case basis to improve lighting, but it looks like a generic face divide function was applied boosting the triangle count to above 3000, without any real noticeable difference in silhouette detail). Technical details aside, I actually sort of prefer these to the spaceclown models of 2k4.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Pics plz.
Oh fine. Here is the Matrix War Machine

warmac10.jpg

And here is the Thunder Crash Othello

thunde10.jpg

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
More pics maybe!!! I always hated how big and cumbersome looking the UT2003 and later models and skins looked. I may go in this direction on my server. Bet it would be a lot of work though...

Then everybody would have to download them too right? I don't think I want people to go through that. I must be missing something here...

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
More pics maybe!!! I always hated how big and cumbersome looking the UT2003 and later models and skins looked. I may go in this direction on my server. Bet it would be a lot of work though...

Then everybody would have to download them too right? I don't think I want people to go through that. I must be missing something here...
I'm pretty sure you can't force skin packs on players. Unless it's an invisibility skin or something.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
What I was saying was that if there are skins that can be used on the server, you have to have them on the server. If you don't make people download them as server packs then they won't see the skins that people are using if those are the same skins. I hope that came across properly.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
And adding models into ServerPackages is a hack. Nobody wants to sit through downloading a hundred model packs just to get into a server with none of the players even using the models.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Exactly so that was what Iwas saying. I would not want to make people have to download too much stuff just so they see skins that others are using. I do think it will be worth it for a few of them. It isn't so bad with speed redirects but I saw a many great servers die in the old days becasue people put all of these skins on them and didn't offer high speed downloads. Nobody was willing to sit and download stuff forever. that is what I was trying to say.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
And adding models into ServerPackages is a hack. Nobody wants to sit through downloading a hundred model packs just to get into a server with none of the players even using the models.

Word! If I join a server and get more than three or four skin/VP pushes, I'm gone.