[UT99] Blending Animations?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ScrollMaster

SZ Mod Leader
Sep 28, 2004
Ive read about Blending Animations but dont understand what they refer to. What I beleive it is, is that you can use two seperate animations and blend them... such as head is up and walk left, or head is down and walk left. I know that Sketal Meshes are supported in UT99 and now I am aware that you can use ActorX for UT99... but the instructions on UDN are a hard to follow for the most part. I dont know if blending is supported in UT99? does anyone know? I would think it is because in UT or TO you can point up and down and your head moves... and you can run in different ways with different head postions... anyone can help?

ScrollMaster

SZ Mod Leader
Sep 28, 2004
Another Question is my models will have 3 attached weapons... because its a zombie its arms and head are a weapon. In theory this seems easier to do instead of making the animations with just left arm and than right arm and so forth... is this a logical way to approach? and can I have more than one bone attach poly? if not how would I align them properly? would it try aligning to the players orign center? anyone help?

image6bo.png

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
sorry, no blending animations in UT99. Skeletal animation for ut99 is extremely limited when compared to UT2004, so no useful attachtobone, blending or direction setting etc. So if you want to do the animations you will have to have separate animations for each possible combination: attacking while moving, attacking while standing, attacking with left arm while standing, attacking with left arm while moving, attacking with right arm while moving etc.

ScrollMaster

SZ Mod Leader
Sep 28, 2004
couldnt I assign the object just assign the following object to match his coordincates an stay with him? like look... if both objects centres are the same should his arm move in the same place? because couldnt I make a biped with the mesh of the torso... than do mesh of the of the arm and align there centers? so they kind of stay together?

image29xg.png

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
That could work (I used a similar method for some weapon anims in my old ut mod to separate the weapons from the hands, and infitration uses that method for the weapons being slung on player's shoulders). Also for each zombie you would essentially have three times as many actors (zombie, zombie left arm, zombie right arm) which can bog things down a bit if you have too many. But give it a shot to see what you can do. BTW why are you doing this for UT99? seems like it would be much less frustrating to do this on UT2004.