UT3Dom

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dorsa88

Apr 14, 2008
Australia
Hi

I am new to Beyond Unreal. Especially the forums. I have also downloaded the Dom gametype mods. But I haven't actually played any matches yet because UT3 crashes every time before any levels I pick from the mod starts.

I followed and did the pre-setup but unfortunately I installed the game on another drive. So now the main installation directory is D: UT3/UTGame/CookedPC/ not C: Program Files/UT3/UTGame/CookedPC. Does this matter?

Also I needed to rebuild the scripts because they were outdated. And the compiler came up with 6 warnings;

(1st) Warning, Missing Class 'Class UTGame.UTUITabPage_InGameMsg' referenced by package 'UTMT_Content'. Classes should not be removed if referenced by content; mark the class 'deprecated instead.

(2nd) Warning, Missing UTUITabpage_InGameMsg UTGame. Default_UTUITabpage_InGameMsg referenced by package 'UTMT_Content'

(3rd) Same warning as above.

(4th) Warning, Missing UIComp_Event UTGame. Default_UTUITabpage_InGameMsg:WidgetEventComponent refered by package 'UTMT_Content'

(5th) Same warning as 2nd and 3rd.

(6th) Warning, Missing BoolProperty UTGame. UTBot:bForceNoDetours referenced by package 'UTDom'

What should I do? Is this because the certain files I needed to move such as UTDom.u is on the D drive not on the C drive?

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
So does all the stuff in UT3Dom still work fine after installing patch 1.3?

should have no problems, and it might even fix a few bugs. ;)

Btw, a secret, well, not so secret anymore, "UT3DOM Reloaded" is speculated to be under construction very soon, with new maps, the maps that were broken and/or incomplete fixed up, working on Patch v1.3 instead of Patch v1.2, and some other good stuff. ;)

Oh wait, ****, I told too much info. :( Ah well, **** it, you guys and gals should now anyway! :D Besides, there was issues with UT3DOM, it's time to try and fix with UT3DOM Reloaded. :)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
UT3DOM Patch 1 has arrived! :D

http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/download.php?list.2

Changes from version 1.6 to 1.8

* - 0000017: [Gameplay] Map change failing in instant action
* - 0000018: [Gameplay] Map list is blank
* Fixed issue with one player from each team getting points other teammates should be getting. The mod now correctly gives the points to the right players.
* Fixed issue with at changing to the next map it would allways go to CDOM-Contrast
* Fixed issue when trying to join a server, you either receive a error, get kicked back to the main menu, or the game crashes. This was because of the UTMT_Content file and this file has been removed from the mod.
* Fixed issue with Bots not being able to capture control points.
* Fixed issue with the MapList Struct not working correctly.
* Fixed issue with Map authors not being able to cook their maps.
* Moved the config settings from UTDom.ini to UTGame.ini

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
OK, I installed UT3DOM 1.8 and Patch 1.3 tonight and moved the same files to the other place as mentioned previously in this thread and as Step 1 for the editor instructions. I have a few major and minor issues with Classic Domination:

1. Maps AKI and City Domination don't load up and the game exits to Windows like I explained when only City Dom was the only map that didn't work in the previous version. All other maps work for Classic Domination (shown as Domination in menu). AKI doesn't work for DDOM, but that's the only one I've tried for that game type so far.

2. For some odd reason you can't set the number of teams in Domination in the menu and I'm not even sure you could in the previous version.

3. I wonder if that UI file should go into the UTGame/CookedPC/UI subdirectory instead of the one mentioned.

4. Still need TDM game mode pic in menu.

So, I lost another map with version 1.8 and I'm still not sure why. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Custom menus aren't currently possible without entirely replacing the UT3 interface, so you never will be able to set the number of teams there (thats why they have seperate entries for 2 team and 4 team in the gametype list)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1

We would like to point out that Snake is a persona non grata among us UTR people, and we would warn you to watch your back, because if your releases aren't as fast as he'd like, he just might take it upon himself to release it for you.

If by "release it for you" you mean derail the original vision of the mod, claim it as his own, and use it to insult other team members in the credits, then yeah.

Too bad, i learnt the hard way:mad:

Have u forgotten that he has tried that, and failed every single time, and he hasn't done that since, XDDD He even tried that with the Make SOmethign Unreal Contest, and yet failed. :) Now, not saying u guys were bad leader, and I know as a fact u were not. Snake is hard to control, and he can only do so much. After all he is human. And yes, I knwo he is hated all over here, but IF he ever comes back and replies to the UT3DOM thread, EVERYONE WILL RESPOND TO HIM NICELY!! and I mean it! :mad: ;) Just waned to get this clear. Yes, he has done damage that is not fixable, no, he will nto do so with UT3DOM. I've got him on my leash, and he's my bitch now! :D XDDDDDDDD (**** me, the sounded disgusting (pardon the extremely horrible pun :( ), please remind me to not say that ever again!! :( ).

Anyway, enough of Snake.PLiSKIN! Back on topic!! :) ;)

Btw, you'll be surprised on the Reloaded edition, will make you guys and gals go into awe! :D More news on this later, we gotta work on it. :)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
that's what happens when you have only one guy doing all the work, sometimes it just...

nah, I do the PS3 testing, creating a map for UT3DOM Reloaded, directing the mod, direct snake to code (XD), work on the advertizing crap, help & support (whenever I can :) ), and testing of UT3DOM and the levels itself. :)

So yeah, he's nto doing all of teh work Iggy. ;)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Important Info

I apologize to all of the UT3DOM fans. I had alot fo stuff soem up, and I needed a break from UT3DOM due to "development hell", but now I am fully back to support UT3DOM, and I'm be glad to answer everyone's questions. :) Btw: yes, this is extremely old news about what I am going to say, and I am greatly sorry. This was in part due to my absence. :( But...I might as well say it now before ti get's too old to say it :)

UT3DOM Patch 1.1 (aka v1.81) has been released, including a beta PS3 version. The PS3 version has troubles with bots and will freeze the PS3. hence UT3DOM PS3 Edition can only be played without bots. We are looking for a fix, and I will keep you updated with more information. :)

UT3DOM Patch v1.1 (v1.81) + UT3DOM PS3 BETA download list

The UT3DOM v1.81 release has fixed several issues, and has the uncooked copies of the mod for easier mapping support. :) It's been a while, but iirc (I could be wrong, so don't flame me saying I'm full of lies if I am incorrect), UT3DOM v1.81 installer will allow you to "upgrade" your install of v1.8, but not v1.6. Upgrading from v1.6 to v1.81 will need your UT3DOM to be uninstalled and v1.81 will be installed through there. If you have upgraded from v1.6 to v1.8, then to v1.81, you should be able to upgrade. :)

Anyway, I have noted from some people that this is one of the best mods for UT3. Imho, it did not start that way, as some of you have known. As I said above, UT3DOM went through "severe development hell", by constant arguing to each other back and forth. Another major factor was the organization was terrible, and I blame that solely on myself, and I will not do that to my next version of any mods I will make in the future. I was really scared that UT3DOM wasn't going to be a reality...but, we managed to get through things at the end, and finally released it (not without consequences though :( ). After a couple of major patches later, UT3DOM has been cited as one of the top UT3 mods out there, and I am solely shocked. UT3DOM was designed to be a small mod, due to the fact that I thought not alot of people liked DOM or DDOM. But I liked it alot, so I brought it to UT3 originally for my personal enjoyment. I will say this: UT3DOM is my first mod that I have started myself, so the mistakes of the UT3DOM development will not be forgotten throughout my entire life, and I shall be more wiser during my next mods. :)

For everyone who is a UT3DOM fan (or a die-hard fan), I thank you personally in every way known possible. As my friend Wayne used to tell me, "It's not what you create, it's what you speculate". I believe it in every way. Creating UT3DOM was only a small fraction of my time. playing for the rest of my life will be undeniably longer.

Also, I might add that this mod is only the works of myself and Snake.PLiSKIN. Mr. UglyPants and Ignotium/StraTooS have officially left the mod, and now his is a "2 person project", with on-the-fly mappers. However, they are thanked in many ways throughout the "UT3DOM Development Hell Era". They helped made UT3DOM a reality and not a vision. Again, thank you you two very much. :)

And finally, UT3DOM Extended (formerly known as UT3DOM Reloaded) is currently in development, and has a release date of TBA. Expect ti to have more maps and more customizability features. :)

Many thanks to everyone!

[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
I really miss DOM since UT3 replicates the UT99 feel so well. I wish the 360 version had mod support so I could play this.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Got a runtime error while loading DOM-Apodos. In the log it says "unable to find DOM_Content" the file DOM_Content.upk is located in Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC and I'm using nohomedir.

Code:
Log: Missing cached shader map for material BLIP_RED
Log: Missing cached shader map for material BLUE_GLOW
Log: Missing cached shader map for material ForceField
Log: Missing cached shader map for material ForceField_NODIST
Log: Missing cached shader map for material LEVEL_SCR
Log: Missing cached shader map for material TANK_2Sided
Log: Missing cached shader map for material Windows
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DOMLetter_Blue_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DOMLetter_Gold_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DOMLetter_Green_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DOMLetter_Neutral_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DOMLetter_Red_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DomPoint_Blue_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DomPoint_Disabled_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DomPoint_Gold_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DomPoint_Green_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DomPoint_Neutral_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DomPoint_Red_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DOMring_Blue_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DOMring_Gold_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DOMring_Green_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DOMring_Neutral_Mat
Log: Missing cached shader map for material DOMring_Red_Mat
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: GIsEditor [File:.\Src\Texture2D.cpp] [Line: 627]
Cannot create textures at run-time in the game [unable to find DOM_Content]
All my DOM maps are in CookedPC\DomMaps and the rest of the files are placed as they came in the zip-file. I tried to move the DOM maps to CustomMaps, but that didn't work either.

I can play CDOM-Contrast but not DOM-AKI or DOM-Apodos. I have only tried Domination so far, as in regular classic Domination for UT3. Can't remember having this problem before when I played on another system. I don't have that install left, but it was Installed by executable, not extracted from zip.

Cleaned up and reinstalled from setup version I downloaded one moment ago. Directed it to my installation of UT3. I tried it and it failed also in the same fashion on DOM-Cidom. Same error exactly.

I think that DOM_Content.upk really should go in some other directory, like the ones with the maps in it. Trying that. All right, confirmed, that's the cure. It works perfect now. Just move DOM_Content.upk and DOM_MTContent.upk to the folder you have all your domination maps in.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I think that DOM_Content.upk really should go in some other directory, like the ones with the maps in it. Trying that. All right, confirmed, that's the cure. It works perfect now. Just move DOM_Content.upk and DOM_MTContent.upk to the folder you have all your domination maps in.

I'll try that and see what happens.