UT2Vote51B4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
UT2Vote51 Beta 4

Somewhere in one of Epics patches they seem to have fixed the EndGame problem in Assault.
This code is taken from the 3355 Patch but it would be interesting to know if it works in the 3339 Patch.

Changes and Additions in Beta 4

1. bVoteInAssault
This is only temporary in the IniOnly section for you guys incase it does not work.
Basically its defaulted to True but if the voting is a screwup in Assault just set it to False.
As I said above it would seem the EndGame detection has been fixed in Patch 3355 so lets see how it goes.

2. Map Extensions
UT2Vote will now strip off any extensions (eg - .ut2) if an Admin adds it as for some reason it causes chaos when calling the C++ Header files "FindNextMap".

3. In Game Admin
If an Admin is present during the game (not game end) then all voting is disabled.
However... if voting has already started during the game and the Admin enters afterwards then the voting will continue.

4. Access Nones
Managed to remove many of these annoying bugs from the log and especailly in Assault.

The zip file is only on my PC as too many people know about the Beta folder on my site :)

http://proasm.gotdns.com/files/ut2v51b4.zip

;)

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
Imaginos said:
How did that get leaked?

BTW, does anyone know how to set your sig to OFF by default here? I could have sworn there was an option to do that, but I can't find it anywhere!

User CP => Edit Options => In the middle of the page you'll find Thread Display Options and there you remove the tick to Show Signature ;)

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
ProAsm said:
UT2Vote51 Beta 4

Somewhere in one of Epics patches they seem to have fixed the EndGame problem in Assault.
This code is taken from the 3355 Patch but it would be interesting to know if it works in the 3339 Patch.

Changes and Additions in Beta 4

1. bVoteInAssault
This is only temporary in the IniOnly section for you guys incase it does not work.
Basically its defaulted to True but if the voting is a screwup in Assault just set it to False.
As I said above it would seem the EndGame detection has been fixed in Patch 3355 so lets see how it goes.

2. Map Extensions
UT2Vote will now strip off any extensions (eg - .ut2) if an Admin adds it as for some reason it causes chaos when calling the C++ Header files "FindNextMap".

3. In Game Admin
If an Admin is present during the game (not game end) then all voting is disabled.
However... if voting has already started during the game and the Admin enters afterwards then the voting will continue.

4. Access Nones
Managed to remove many of these annoying bugs from the log and especailly in Assault.

The zip file is only on my PC as too many people know about the Beta folder on my site :)

http://proasm.gotdns.com/files/ut2v51b4.zip

;)

Nice, will try that later .... Do you need a mirror for Beta Releases ? A "hidden" one ; ) ?

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
ProAsm said:
2. Map Extensions

What does this actually mean if an admin adds it ? Do you mean in the Gamestring and / or maplist ?

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
utw-Mephisto said:
User CP => Edit Options => In the middle of the page you'll find Thread Display Options and there you remove the tick to Show Signature ;)
Ha! You made me reread my question to make sure I asked the right thing. Thanks, for the advice. I should clarify that I want to see sigs, just not my own unless I check the box. No need to spam a sig here in this forum.

CVROY

Mar 8, 2003
I may have forgotten, but is there a way to specify bot count on multiple maps... like say ctf-maul and have 4 bots and on ONS-torlan have 10... this would be all automatic,

Is this a feature that could be added or is it already... abuh!

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
PERFECT !

assault.jpg

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
What I again noticed:

The level switch at game end (DM) takes ages so that you can think the server has crashed.
I can remember that we already have this problem times ago but I really do not know when (maybe even in UT2K3).

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
PoW said:
What I again noticed:

The level switch at game end (DM) takes ages so that you can think the server has crashed.
I can remember that we already have this problem times ago but I really do not know when (maybe even in UT2K3).

i just tested this 8 games not a problem no difference from b3 as far as level change didnt try assult but dm is fine here

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
What about the problem from PoW ?
Anyone else problems with mapchange times ? I just played about 4 AS games, changed maps between standard and CBP. I played also 4 ONS games, with and without ECE and I played Instagib DM and mapchanging time is around 5-10 seconds on a listen server.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
That problem was in UT2003 itself and had nothing to do with UT2Vote.
I test in DM all the time, in fact thats all I play and if the server took longer than normal I would have noticed it.
Pow, we need more information when you make a statement like that, like how many players, what map or maps, how long is long, can we replicate the problem, is it there all the time, is it there with one player and a Bot, is it there during a Instant Action game.
As I said before, if I cannot replicate the problem here then I cannot fix it.
If no one else can verify having this problem by tomorrow I'm releasing.

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
ive been running dm instagib from the day ben posted it no problems at all

my default game string

Code:
[b]GameType=(GameName="DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-(GU)-2k4-Emboscada-[UCL]",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Mutators="InzaneTranz.MutInzaneTranz,utcompv15a.MutUTComp,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,XGame.MutQuadJump,XxxXESRv2i.MutXxxXInstaGib,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,XGame.MutFastWeapSwitch",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=15?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?WeaponStay=False?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.50?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1?Difficulty=3")[/b]