[UT] <Arena>CheckReplacement(...) Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ch3z

Oct 4, 2003
Oregon
Visit site
Project:
Arena Mutator
I want to:
use CheckReplacement(...) to remove all weapons that spawn at map load as pick ups.
But:
I want to GiveWeapon() to the player.
Problem is:
that if the item is removed as a pickup then it won't GiveWeapon to player either unless it is the mutated default weapon.
Here's where it is not so easy:
I'm assigning the weapons to players per teamnum. so, WeaponName is blank and so is WeaponStirng.
Question then is:
How do I remove pickups that are weapons, without entirely banning those weapons from being allowed in the map?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The Inventory class has a MyMarker property which will be None during the CheckReplacement function for everything except items placed by the mapper. Just check for Inventory(Other).MyMarker != None before destroying a pickup.