Unreal Tournament 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xgmx

May 12, 2009
United States
s1.zetaboards.com
No one I know (in real life or on the Internet) talks about the game (yet they do talk about Unreal Tournament 2004), and the game is only $9.99 new at GameStop for the PC. So did the game get horrible reviews, suck, not sell good, or something?

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
The game just got off to a rough start. Of course its an opinion thing on if its good or not but I think its an awesome game :D Also from what I know it got decent enough reviews, and I'm willing to bet with all the updates and everything the reviews would be a whole lot better if they were redone today :D

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
No one I know (in real life or on the Internet) talks about the game (yet they do talk about Unreal Tournament 2004), and the game is only $9.99 new at GameStop for the PC. So did the game get horrible reviews, suck, not sell good, or something?

Here's the real scoop. This game was released as a stillborn. It was released as a buggy beta with a horrible user interface and featureless and barely functional server browser that were pathetic compared to what people had in the original UT and UT 2004. Also, it offered far fewer audio and video adjustment settings and the folder structure and organization of the files was horrific. Even today, features that UT players have taken for granted for years such as being able to keybind taunts and communication were completely absent from the game.

After the patches it is much improved, but it's still lacking greatly compared to what UT 2004 offered.

It's sad because, for the most part, they got the feel of the game play 95% percent right (needs to be slowed down a tad and needs less eye candy clutter and less grungy graphics). In fact, UT99 players liked the feel of the Demo and were excited, but when they found out that the retail release would be almost the same as the buggy beta demo, they lost all interest.

Let's hope that if they make a UT4 that they'll get it right this time and make it feel and play almost 100% like the original, highly acclaimed, tried-and-prove UT99.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
He can't be banned, or can he?

BU is the only place where I can find plenty of Unreal fans where freedom of speech applies.