Unreal Single Player still has the edge

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Look forward to it!
The Nali with the tray - that was v. cool.

Wolf Blackstar: Where would you put the flags in CTF-Eversmoking? Seems to me that the map is split into several portions; the start area, the bell tower, the dungeons, the monastery, the cemetary & crypt, the force field control room, the cave, and the generator. It would be difficult to make it play logically. Any ideas?

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
I agree. I'll never forget the first time I played Unreal. I was amazed by the graphics (even thought it ran at 30 fps /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif) and it was just generally fun to play. It doesn't beat Half-Life though...but I can't wait 'till Unreal 2 comes out.

bullet2.gif

"If Hellen Keller was psychic, could you say she had a fourth sense?" -George Carlin

[This message has been edited by [PuF]HWAS (edited 03-14-2000).]

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Played a demo of HL. Never impressed me that much. I guess it's all down to your personal tastes. I enjoyed exploring the beautiful colourful Unreal world. Didn't like the MotherShip ending though, I hope they don't make the same mistake in U2.

Mind you the MotherShip could have been great if it was atmospherically built... with more interesting architecture, texturing and lighting, maybe even with windows to the outside or something. And if it had been even slightly shorter. It was too drawn out and generic. We can but hope.

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) . In deathmatch look for me as [SkW]Deathwish of UK clan SkaarjWarriors. Email me hellscrag@lineone.net.
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff or my clan site http://surf.to/skaarjwarriors for my UT designing projects

FenderTX

Dec 6, 1999
Texas
Visit site
speaking about unreal 2...what I've heard about it doesn't make me too excited..correct me if I'm wrong but

- it's being developed by a third party, the people who made the return to na pali mission pack

- It will use the same engine as Unreal and UT..the unreal engine unmodified

So won't Unreal 2 basically just be a mission pack??...I mean what makes it worthy of the title Unreal 2...sure it will have new weapons, monsters and levels but without a new game engine what makes it any different from a typical add-on?

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I agree with FenderTX. I really wish that Epic would have taken the job and made a new engine that would use larger textures and higher poly counts. The new Voodoo Cards coming out will support 2040x2040 textures. Unreal only uses 256x256.

bullet2.gif

I'll eat your gun lead and sh*t out No.2 pencils!

Status
Not open for further replies.