Unreal ED Unreal ED2.0 UnrealEd3.0????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Justinsane

I C U
Apr 22, 2004
Philippines
Can I use the latest Unrealed and still run it on the original UT, just curious. If it can, then where could I download the latest UnrealEd? :instagib:

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
I don't that would be possible just because of the fact that Unreal Ed 3.0 is not a stand-alone program. And even if you did find it, you couldn't run the new technology on something like the old Unreal engine.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
First of all, you look like a troll with the ghey colours and text size in your post so don't expect anyone to respect what you say when you post like that.
And secondly the answer to your question is no.

Dude! For a long time you've been teaching me UEd stuff, I could never expect you would ask such a question!!!

My answer:

No, you cannot. You'd rather download the latest patches for old UT if you want to use the latest version of UnrealEd compatible with UT '99.

0.o

samx01

Dec 15, 2004
Possible, you can look up maps in Unrealed1 from Unreal Ed 2

:rolleyes: I think you can, Ive used Unreal ed2 to open unr maps, just, certain files are for certain games

Snoitpo

Dec 2, 2004
yep, Ued 1 and 2 use .unr and Ued 3 uses .unr2 so they wont just work like that

however, you could possibly take all the geometry from the level and put it in a huge static mess, then put it in the other version

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
I've heard somewhere that you can import a ut level in a 2k4/2k3 editor. Just make sure all the nonbrush actors are out and everything is defaulttexture. And in 2k3 the level will look 0.5 of the size it looked in ut.

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Hmmm, Yeah, pretty pointless posting somethin here anyways. I'm more of an UP fanatic. They've got a real betatesting section.