[UK Election] Who are you going to vote for?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Who are you going to vote for?

• Labour

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rather Not Say

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Voting (fool!)

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I've always voted Lib Dem (since I was eligible to vote), and will do again. They're the only party of the "big three" I agree with.

What mildly irritates me is that some voters tend to say "I'd vote for the Lib Dems if I thought they could win the election". Well, go and vote for them, and they might actually win! Oh, and put down that copy of The Sun, the newspaper that launched a supposedly independent "Rock The Vote" campaign to encourage people to vote for any party as long as they get out and vote, and then declared their support for Labour a few days afterwards. Trustworthy as always is The Sun...

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Lib Dem > All

Zaccix said:
What mildly irritates me is that some voters tend to say "I'd vote for the Lib Dems if I thought they could win the election". Well, go and vote for them, and they might actually win! Oh, and put down that copy of The Sun, the newspaper that launched a supposedly independent "Rock The Vote" campaign to encourage people to vote for any party as long as they get out and vote, and then declared their support for Labour a few days afterwards. Trustworthy as always is The Sun...

You're not the only one. "Use your vote the way we tell you to!". Hardly endearing me to The Sun :mad:

BTW, long time no see mate, how you doing? :)

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I wont vote. I've taken both those little tests and they put me in opposite parts of the chart.

I don't think you can have a general rule to cover every situation that comes up so it would be pointless for me to vote for a party that has a strong stance on any given situation. Oh and just for fun the Times put me as a conservative (like right on top of the conservative dot) and the political compass places me next to ghandi. Quite different?

I vote for whoever can put handjobs on the NHS. Put that as your political stance and I will vote.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
Pssshhh, why shouldn't the Sun tell its readers how to vote? All the other papers do. Sun readers and 'New' Labour seem like a match made in Heaven to me.

*edit*

Looking at the poll results, it seems like the answer to my question "Who on earth would vote Labour?" is "No-one intelligent enough to use a computer, except Phoenix".

Last edited:

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Sam_The_Man said:
Pssshhh, why shouldn't the Sun tell its readers how to vote? All the other papers do. Sun readers and 'New' Labour seem like a match made in Heaven to me.
Fair point, but the other papers haven't launched campaigns telling people to vote no matter who it's for.

Selerox said:
BTW, long time no see mate, how you doing? :)
OK, I guess. Busy, but healthy. :)

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
Actually the BNP don't seem to have a problem with blacks (they've got a few members who are) - reason being that a large proportion of african/caribbean origin people in the UK are at least 2nd/3rd generation and have been living/working in this country since their grandparents/great-grandparents have moved here.
It's asian/arabic/eastern european is where the current irrational hatred is aimed at.

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
Some more imaginative campaign pledges from alternative parties (from today's Telegraph)

Church of the Militant Elvis Party said:
Visit Antartica and stand in front of iceshelf shouting "Stop melting you big white bastard". It wont do much good but it's more than Bush and Blair are doing

Monster Raving Loony Party said:
We will issue a 99p coin to save on change

Monster Raving Loony Party said:
All children will be given two birthdays like the Queen

Telepathic Partnership said:

MP3 Party said:
Allow anyone to give themselves a royal title as long as they have 100 people prepared to act as subjects

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
Well, I'm glad I didn't vote Conservative this time. They came on before Hitchhiker's to ask me if I "really wanted five more years of him" [Blair]. To which the answer is, no, but it wouldn't be a complete disaster. Negative campaigning is a little bit difficult when the only thing you can find to complain about is the darkie problem.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Everything has become Negative. Politics, News, reviews, 2k4 scene.

But most fantastically the tories. If they're strongest political objective is to get people to say 'Nah, i don't like him' then why don't they have Rory Bremner as their top man?

It's crap like that that makes politics a fecking joke, it's an antiquated system that needs to be replaced by a system that's not pathetic, with people that are there to do the job and lead the country well (without any set agenda to help certain tax brackets, blow public money for the hell of it and waste resources) - for economy, health and environment [in no particular order] and get a way around the abject apathy people feel over the current system that's simply entrenched in an archaic classbased society.

If the rules for voting and demograph for voting's modernised, why hasn't the way we do it or what we vote for?