To the INF Team and Others

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Domox

Oct 8, 2005
I have played INF ever since their first release as a mutator for UT (loved that volatile ammo :D ) And since those beginnings I have thoroughly enjoyed INF and have had the utmost in admiration and respect for what they have achieved. This latest post about the Source Adaptation of INF has me bummed and I am waiting with abated breath for future news.

Along the same lines (shameless plug)... I am a member of a group of people (large military enthusiasts) known as Brutal Arts (http://www.brutal-arts.com). We are dedicated to A. Taking released military FPS titles and making them as realistic as we can in areas they are lacking (current titles being : JOTR/JOE & BF2) and B. Figuring out the theory behind porting real life military tactics/hardware/theaters of operation into a virtual world and representing them faithfully trying to make the best experience possible. We spend a lot of time researching and we also have several ex/active duty members of armed forces the world over, working to provide us with the best materials possible. (Some straight from Afghanistan :p )

As of a couple months ago we began experimenting in the source engine to deduce its viability as a platform and the physics and flexibility has showed promise. So we will be producing a mod in the Source Engine called Point of Contact (POC) if we can provide half the innovation and nail biting realism INF has provided I would consider it a job well done.

We are now on the lookout for Coders. If you are one or know anyone send them our way, we are currently working on the ballistics system which is showing promise...

So to you INF fans please stop by scout things out, maybe try one of our other mods, and to the INF/Sentry Studios Crew Salute! And best of luck!

Domox
domox@brutal-arts.com

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Ask Yurch, he seems to be a great HL2 coder, but who knows if he want to.

Domox said:
As of a couple months ago we began experimenting in the source engine to deduce its viability as a platform and the physics and flexibility has showed promise. So we will be producing a mod in the Source Engine called Point of Contact (POC) if we can provide half the innovation and nail biting realism INF has provided I would consider it a job well done.
Sounds very good (alternativeless ;)).

So what about That?

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Seeing how my unreleasable project suffers from quite a few technical sandbars, I don't see where I earned the 'great' title from.

And no, I'm not interested in other projects right now.

Domox

Oct 8, 2005
We will be stepping up production on POC here shortly and plan to release several "Tech Demos" hilighting features/things to test until a full product is done. So keep your eyes trained. :p

yurch, I like that independent aiming minimod you released. Felt alot like INF's aiming gettup. :)